Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaks of serve in the 2nd set by both players, either player not taking advantage of their service breaks
Jasmine who has been good so far saving BPs on her serve
Rybakina coming forward a drive volley and took the set 6-4
Going 3

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
3 breaks of serve already in this 3rd set can Jasmine finally consolidate her break now
Wind swirling around on Chatrier at times makes it difficult for the server, they need to take some pace off their serves
Rybakina's coach has wanted her to move forward to the net more, Elena usually stays on the baseline, though some of the times she has moved forward her volleys/drive volley have been successful
4 consecutive breaks of serve now, whoever can hold their serve in this 3rd set will be pivotal

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
4 games all 3rd set
Jasmine with 2 BPs
Jasmine breaks with a good fhand and Elena's return long
Jasmine will now serve for the match at 5-4
Jasmine Forza!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG Jasmine your first SF of a major
What a reward for the steady improvement in your game this year
Paolini d Rybakina 62 46 64!
Jasmine Forza!
( I have 2 Italians in the SFs at RG )
BTW Jasmine will now be in the Top Ten after this win!

Last edited:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nailbiter of a first set for Saba. Andreeva is really proving to have skills for such a young lady.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
17 year old Teen Queen, the youngest woman to reach a GS SF since Martina Hingis in 1997 has defeated the No 2 seed Sabalenka 67(5) 64 64
What an amazing tournament this youngster is having and as I posted before hiring Conchita Martinez as her coach has only improved Mirra in leaps and bounds

Well done Mirra, you will play Jasmine in the SF of RG, both players this is their first SF of a major!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sabalenka losing in the QF of RG, Coco Gauff will be the new No 2 ranked player when the new rankings come out on Monday a career high!

Sabalenka is unable to attend her post match press conference tonight due to illness, and is with the tournament medical team
WTA communications staff will provide quotes from Sabalenka to the media

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Womens Singles SFs,

(1) Swiatek vs Gauff (3) H2H Swiatek 10-1

(12) Paolini vs Andreeva H2H Andreeva 1-0

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jasmine Forza!
She was well prepared unlike Stretch who was all over the place.Jasmine is a little ball of joy,she plays with so much joy and it translates to her game.The big three my foot..lol.
Saba was also underwhelming and she has lost her number two ranking.I wonder.if Iga and Saba are going to continue to ignore Coco.The American has a chance to gain more points at Wimbledon to solidify her ranking.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She was well prepared unlike Stretch who was all over the place.Jasmine is a little ball of joy,she plays with so much joy and it translates to her game.The big three my foot..lol.
Saba was also underwhelming and she has lost her number two ranking.I wonder.if Iga and Saba are going to continue to ignore Coco.The American has a chance to gain more points at Wimbledon to solidify her ranking.
Rybakina hasnt looked good to me for some time, she gets tired very quick, and complains a lot of the time, when she is 'on' her game is just effortless, a lovely pure striker of the ball, agree with your comments she was all over the place, though Jasmine stretched her from side line to side line, and wasnt afraid to take the ball on and come forward. Elena's coach kept telling her to move forward to the net more.
Yes Jasmine is a ball of energy and I love her smile, it was the first time she has played on Chatrier.
It will be an interesting SF betweeh Jasmine and the Teen Queen

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Just now watching the replay. Look at Jaz. She is a lil wonder. I just love her. I see Moody Chick rolled out the wrong side of bed. What a nightmare she is at times. Has all the skills to rule this sport and sit atop the rankings, and I'm not buying she's ill all the time. Most of these walkabouts and withdrawals are mental.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just now watching the replay. Look at Jaz. She is a lil wonder. I just love her. I see Moody Chick rolled out the wrong side of bed. What a nightmare she is at times. Has all the skills to rule this sport and sit atop the rankings, and I'm not buying she's ill all the time. Most of these walkabouts and withdrawals are mental.
Jazz is just a breath of fresh air, she is kind of a late bloomer in tennis, this year she has improved out of sight and making her first major SF is at testament to that fact.
Moody is Elena 's middle name.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Jasmine Forza!
What the H..L ..I don't Rybakina losing

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So what happened to Saba MM, she was ill or something? I'm only in the 2nd set of the replay but she keeps bending over.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So what happened to Saba MM, she was ill or something? I'm only in the 2nd set of the replay but she keeps bending over.
Saba had a stomach virus for a few days, it got worse during the match ,after the match she had to go to the medical team at RG

• Wow
Reactions: kskate2

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Her coach seems like he's also her lover and its time for him to go because she's not focused at all.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elena Moody Rybakina talking about her problems this year at RG, in her press conference, little sleep, allergies, last year at RG she has back problems, she said always ups and downs, she is sounding like a 'excuse machine' cause she lost in the QFs, this year.