Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a poor excuse. He's 22 years old, and he had an aging warrior gasping for air. If he can't take him down, he has only himself to blame. And now it's 4-0. Djokovic gasping.
Its not an excuse Moxie it is fact, apart from not having strong mentality, he has always had problems with his endurance, yes he does only have himself to blame, and sad to say he has not improved his endurance,I knew if he didnt win in 3 or 4 sets he would be gone, and to make matters worse Novak handed him a bagel, quite frankly he deserved to get bagled, he had Novak on the ropes, I had to go and get some fresh air and went for a long run to get my brain back :)

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There's only one player in the Men’s draw that hasn’t lost a single set in the tournament so far.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Round 4, Sunday, June 2, 2024

1717303525442.png

1717303589611.png

1717303638811.png

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rob,

I did I knew if Lorenzo could not win in 3 or 4 sets he would be gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne he is 2-6 in 5 sets matches:)
He deserved to get handed a bagel, maybe that will wake in up that he needs to work on his physical game/endurance, also more brain power when needed
He better watch out, there are 4 or 5 Italians behind him that all have great potential. Expecting Arnaldi to make Tsi work in their match!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He better watch out, there are 4 or 5 Italians behind him that all have great potential. Expecting Arnaldi to make Tsi work in their match!
Well that is up to him to improve in those areas' he has the game, hoping that Arnaldi can repeat his form against Tsi, which he showed against Rublev it was a great win

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thank you all for the Novak's match posts for several pages. Well, if this match doesn't wake up a beast in Novak, nothing will. I hope he cares finally and is here to fight for the title. All his opponents are beatable in upper part of the draw.

Reactions: nehmeth

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are a lot of potential good 4R matches in this year’s RG:

Djokovic vs Cerundolo
Ruud vs Fritz
Zverev vs Rune (I can’t wait for this one!)
Medvedev vs De Minaur
Arnaldi vs Tsitsipas
Hurkacz vs. Dimitrov

The match that I am most excited for is Zverev vs Rune. This is the type of match that I actually think that could jumpstart Rune’s career. Like I said before, if Rune is able to beat Zverev here, then it give him A TON of confidence moving forward.

The key will be can Rune be focus enough to make it a tight match? We all know when the match gets into pressure situations, Rune has a huge advantage. The problem with Rune though is that he does these mental walkabouts during matches thus he either loses in straight sets or he plays a 5 setter. He needs to try to keep his mind focused throughout the match, so Zverev will start getting passive especially on his FH side.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thank you all for the Novak's match posts for several pages. Well, if this match doesn't wake up a beast in Novak, nothing will. I hope he cares finally and is here to fight for the title. All his opponents are beatable in upper part of the draw.
Novak has a favorable draw, I am certain he will fight for his title being the defending champion, regardless who are his opponents going forward

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I always thought former Aussie player, Todd Woodbridge, part of the famous Woodies doubles team, a fair commentator, I have to mute him in this match Tsitspais v Arnaldi, he is so biased towards Tsitsipas,, regardless of Arnaldi winning the 1st set 63, apparently it was a fluke Matteo won the 1st set :)

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sisypas in trouble, down the break in 2nd set. Finally an outdoor tournament, the way it's supposed to be. I was fed up with the roof on, felt like it would never open again.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Poor service game from Matteo to get broken serving for the 2nd set 5 games all, TB, Stef on his first SP wins the 2nd set
1 set all
Matteo did have BPs on Stef's serve prior to him attempting to serve out the 2nd set, I wonder if that will come back to haunt him in this match

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Matteo is pressing the matter too much. He needs to settle in and get back to business. Easier said than done. Still nervy play at the beginning of the third. Meanwhile Stef seems more relaxed and swinging freely.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo is pressing the matter too much. He needs to settle in and get back to business. Easier said than done. Still nervy play at the beginning of the third. Meanwhile Stef seems more relaxed and swinging freely.
Matteo needs to play one point at a time and take his time, his serve has to improve as well, it cost him serving out the 2nd set, also he needs to remember how he played well in the 1st set and try to replicate

Status
Not open for further replies.