Roland Garros Day 7: Saturday, May 31 - Order of Play

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Entertaining match. Hope Kohlschreiber doesn't play like a muppet tomorrow.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Probably have won if he hadn't played that turd of a game at 3-2 5th set but he did well to not fold after that at least.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Whoa! I wake up to find Murray at 7-7 in the fifth. Is he just playing lousy or is Kohls playing good?

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Whoa! I wake up to find Murray at 7-7 in the fifth. Is he just playing lousy or is Kohls playing good?

Mixed bag really. Andy let him back in at points, but he has not been playing awful or anything.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
And newsflash, Kohlschreiber is a very good clay courter.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Well, Kohlschreiber let him off the hook big time too at 3-2 with a large donation of slop. Otherwise he'd have lost by now.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray's serving first tomorrow and unless he has a really bad start I'd say he'll win anyway. Kohlschreiber probably had to win it today imo but f****d up. But who knows.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Murray's serving first tomorrow and unless he has a really bad start I'd say he'll win anyway. Kohlschreiber probably had to win it today imo but f****d up. But who knows.

To be fair it's a tough spot for both. More likely Kohli chokes than Andy, but either good have problems getting together.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The more I think about it, the more I think that Kohly is going to have all night to think about this. For someone that mentally fragile it can't be a good thing

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
The more I think about it, the more I think that Kohly is going to have all night to think about this. For someone that mentally fragile it can't be a good thing

It's hard to say. Midway through the fourth he was down to sets and a break against one of the big four. Virtually out of it. I would say, if anyone should be kicking themselves, it's Andy. If I am Kohlschreiber, I woulbe thinking I am best possible scenario to get a big four scalp. All I have to is win two game in a row.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think it's safe to assume that The Big Four is a thing of the past and scares no one. It's the Big One and a Half now.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
I think it's safe to assume that The Big Four is a thing of the past and scares no one. It's the Big One and a Half now.

You think playing against Nadal on clay scares no one? And people are kidding themselves if they think Andy Murray is just going to disappear off the face of the earth. He'll be making plenty of finals and winning titles for the next couple of years. He's not done by any means.

Anyway, there's a good chance of seeing at least 3 of the big 4 in the semis in this very tournament, and there's still a chance we see all 4 of them so I think this is a bit premature.

However, yes, with Roger getting old, Nadal getting older/being injured/having mileage, the big four are not going to dominate like before, and we've seen that already.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'll never understand why the French refuse to get a light above Chatrier.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andy should have got it done in 4. If he loses tomorrow he'll only have himself to blame.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iona16 said:
Andy should have got it done in 4. If he loses tomorrow he'll only have himself to blame.

Too true. Kohlscreiber is crafty, but Andy shouldn't have let him hang around. IF he pulls it out tomorrow, he'll probably get Verdasco, who gave him a scare at Wimbledon last year, which Fernando will be having in his mind. Good news for Andy, in that event, is Verdasco has to play rather more tennis tomorrow, almost certainly. And after that, most likely GGL, so he'd better sharpen it up quick.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:

The new expansion/renovation plans are scheduled for completion by 2018. They'll include lights and some roofs.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Iona16 said:

Too true. Kohlscreiber is crafty, but Andy shouldn't have let him hang around. IF he pulls it out tomorrow, he'll probably get Verdasco, who gave him a scare at Wimbledon last year, which Fernando will be having in his mind. Good news for Andy, in that event, is Verdasco has to play rather more tennis tomorrow, almost certainly. And after that, most likely GGL, so he'd better sharpen it up quick.

Andy had better get through or I will throttle him. IF he wins and he does get Verdasco then I hope he remembers the h2h 9-1. Andy is still being way too sloppy for my liking. I am a tad worried about the hamstring though. It's not like Andy to get the trainer out.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

The new expansion/renovation plans are scheduled for completion by 2018. They'll include lights and some roofs.

Sadly a bit late for fans of many of the top players right now though :nono

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Kirijax said:

You think playing against Nadal on clay scares no one? And people are kidding themselves if they think Andy Murray is just going to disappear off the face of the earth. He'll be making plenty of finals and winning titles for the next couple of years. He's not done by any means.

Anyway, there's a good chance of seeing at least 3 of the big 4 in the semis in this very tournament, and there's still a chance we see all 4 of them so I think this is a bit premature.

However, yes, with Roger getting old, Nadal getting older/being injured/having mileage, the big four are not going to dominate like before, and we've seen that already.

Said nothing about Nadal in my quote and yet you turned into a Nadal thing. Well done! I am losing confidence by the tournament in Murray ever returning to 2012-13 level. He is my favorite of the big four so it would be great to see him return but if he flops in Queens and Wimby he's probably done.