Roland Garros Day 7: Saturday, May 31 - Order of Play

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^Surely what you said above is right, but please do not take me as one of those who say "do this and you will surely beat Nadal". I guess, or hope, that my posts in fact imply otherwise.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
mrzz said:
^Surely what you said above is right, but please do not take me as one of those who say "do this and you will surely beat Nadal". I guess, or hope, that my posts in fact imply otherwise.

I'm sure your point is more nuanced. But the bottom line is the same as it is with Djokovic: easier to identify the problem than effectively combat it.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Kirijax said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Kirijax said:
Said nothing about Nadal in my quote and yet you turned into a Nadal thing. Well done! I am losing confidence by the tournament in Murray ever returning to 2012-13 level. He is my favorite of the big four so it would be great to see him return but if he flops in Queens and Wimby he's probably done.

"The Big Four is a thing of the past and scares no one. It's the Big One and a Half now."

You said that the big four scare no one now. And you said big one and a half (I'm assuming Nadal is the half). And how did I turn it into a Nadal thing when I talked about Nadal, Murray AND Federer? You mentioned the big four. Of course I'll be talking about players within the big four.

You talk about the big four, of which Nadal is a part, then you claim you said nothing about him. Well done indeed.

It was a post about Murray and being included in the former Big Four. And you wrongly assumed the Big One did not mean Nadal. Like I said, well done in trying to defend your favorite boy as if someone had slammed him when all you did was completely assume wrong. You make your fellow Nadalists proud. Well done indeed indeed. :clap

It wasn't just a post about Murray since you said "it's now the big one and a half." I'm not math expert, but this means that 3 members of the big 4 are no longer that "big." Two are gone completely and one of them is reduced to being a "half."

So no, it wasn't just about Murray. Please, stop trying to backpedal when what you wrote is write there for all of us to see.

And you can please stop trying to act like you understood what was being said. You completely missed it. But good job in bringing it around to Nadal no matter what. Impressive. And it was about Murray. I simply stated how he is no longer part of the Big Four which means there is no Big Four so I simply said what I think is the Big Whatever right now. But you immediately took offense to it meaning your dear sweet Nadal is no longer The Big One.

Wow.. I took offense? By disagreeing?

I think you miss the point of a messageboard.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
I think it's safe to assume that The Big Four is a thing of the past and scares no one. It's the Big One and a Half now.

It's the Big One and a Half now.

It's my turn .. Riddle me this, "Batman". Who is the big One and the half.. My last count of the past 4 grand slams.. Two titles by Rafa (RG, USO) plus an jaded AO finals appearance, Murray won Wimby.. I have always been taught by the tennis historians that the game is measured by GS titles.. Thus, this begs the :huh: Who is the two you are mentioning in your post.