Roland Garros - Day 7, Saturday May 30 - Order of Play

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Riotbeard said:
Looks like we will have the battle of the clay court 250 champions in the round of 16. Sock vs. Nadal.

Who would have thought it would happen this soon; besides me of course? A possibility of dropping out of the top 10 if he doesn't get past Nole next week; already #11 on live rankings! Wow; the only thing to make it better is a win by Djokovic next Sunday! :popcorn :angel: :dodgy: - If perchance Roger can get through and Nole's been knocked out, I wouldn't mind him taking one more major, but I doubt it'll happen! :rolleyes:

It would be a real shame if your hero gets outplayed in the quarters, wouldn't it? :plot

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just saw that Sock is the youngest American to reach Week 2 of the French Open since Sampras in '93.

Whoa. :eyepop

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Puppet Master said:
Fiero425 said:
Riotbeard said:
Looks like we will have the battle of the clay court 250 champions in the round of 16. Sock vs. Nadal.

Who would have thought it would happen this soon; besides me of course? A possibility of dropping out of the top 10 if he doesn't get past Nole next week; already #11 on live rankings! Wow; the only thing to make it better is a win by Djokovic next Sunday! :popcorn :angel: :dodgy: - If perchance Roger can get through and Nole's been knocked out, I wouldn't mind him taking one more major, but I doubt it'll happen! :rolleyes:

It would be a real shame if your hero gets outplayed in the quarters, wouldn't it? :plot

I don't have heroes! I do have faves and acknowledge who I believe to be the best at the time and "this is NOLE's TIME!" :popcorn :angel: :dodgy:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Bolelli won set 3 and is up 2 to sets to 1 against Ferret now.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
nehmeth said:
kskate2 said:
Denisovich said:
Will Christmas come early this year? I doubt it, but who knows we might get lucky.

All depends on your idea of Christmas doesn't it? I have my wishes of who I would like to win this tournament, but I'm positively sure it doesn't mesh w/ yours.

That's always been quite obvious. :snicker

Truth be told. I don't want to see any of big 4 win it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Ferrer has his hands full. Bolelli is whacking his return now.

Bolelli went up 2 sets to love against Djokovic here a couple of years ago. Ferrer has turned around the 4th, so we'll see if Bolelli can keep it up.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just came back to see Sock won in straights
:clap

I am rooting for him, ever since he won Wimbledon with Vasek.

I hope he knocks Rafa's socks off:snicker

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Postpre said:
Weather forecast in Paris favoring Nadal, especially if he can somehow get past Djokovic in the quarters:

Wed 6/3 (QF): 74 deg

What is essential, this does not favor Rafa!

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:

Be careful what you wish, it could go against you :nono

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Puppet Master said:
Fiero425 said:
Puppet Master said:

I don't have heroes! I do have faves and acknowledge who I believe to be the best at the time and "this is NOLE's TIME!" :popcorn :angel: :dodgy:

Oh yeah, this is understandable, but he has had plenty of time for himself. Time will tell who you will like next, eh? :D

Tennis isn't a team sport where I have to root for the home team; sorry! Fed's still the best even if I believe Nole's doing better at this time and rightfully so getting the accolades of being #1! What am I to do, stick with Sampras even though he's retired? I've never understood this blind allegiance we're supposed to have otherwise we don't know what we're talking about or are just plain traitors! I don't take tennis that seriously anymore; probably never did! :cover :puzzled :nono :dodgy:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
herios said:

:huh:

What are you trying to say, exactly? That herios' wishes have an actual effect on the outcome?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gasquet won the 3rd set with Anderson

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Carol35 said:
herios said:

What are you trying to say, exactly? That herios' wishes have an actual effect on the outcome?

I think she is saying that if Sock wins, it will have a backlash, because herios will be deprived of watching Novak beat Rafa at Roland Garros. :hug

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bolelli has decided to stop playing tennis. Lost the last 8 games in a row. Down 2 - 0 in the fifth.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Denisovich said:
Carol35 said:

I think she is saying that if Sock wins, it will have a backlash, because herios will be deprived of watching Novak beat Rafa at Roland Garros. :hug

Well, the earlier Nadal gets knocked out of the tournament, the better. He can lose to Ferrer for all I care.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Riotbeard said:
Denisovich said:

Well, the earlier Nadal gets knocked out of the tournament, the better. He can lose to Ferrer for all I care.

The only way that happens is if he makes the semi's, so let's hope not.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Carol35 said:
herios said:

Did I tell you something? why you always respond for the others?

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Denisovich said:
Riotbeard said:

The only way that happens is if he makes the semi's, so let's hope not.

I know, just saying I'll basically root for anyone playing Nadal.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Bollelli is getting harshly reminded of his status. Ferrer on a double bagel mission. Up 4-0 in 5th after bagelling in 4th.