Roland Garros - Day 7, Saturday May 30 - Order of Play

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Bollelli is getting harshly reminded of his status. Ferrer on a double bagel mission. Up 4-0 in 5th after bagelling in 4th.

David probably thinks the bagels served to him from Nole are transferable! :p :angel: :dodgy:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:
Ferrer has his hands full. Bolelli is whacking his return now.

Bolelli went up 2 sets to love against Djokovic here a couple of years ago. Ferrer has turned around the 4th, so we'll see if Bolelli can keep it up.

No he did not. Novak has not even lost a single set against Bolelli, and they never played at the French.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Now, the French Open Officials have a serious scheduling problem for Monday. Rafa, Novak and
Andy have already played one match on Suzanne. Yet one of them needs to be relegated to Suzanne again. Who should that be? That is going to be a tough decision.

Adding to the complication is the fact that both Novak and Andy are playing French Players,
Gasquet and Chardy respectively. Will they be willing to throw Rafa on to Suzanne again.

Argument in favor of getting the centre court.

1. Novak: He is #1, a favorite and is playing a French Player.
2. Rafa: 9 RG titles, playing a clay court title winner.
3. Andy: Unbeaten in this clay season, playing Chardy who has not got a sniff of centre court yet.

It would be interesting to see what they decide to do.

Alternatively, they could place all three and Serena on Philippe to avoid any controversy.
But, then they would get flak if the matches go on for long time and they cannot finish it before sunset.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Now, the French Open Officials have a serious scheduling problem for Monday. Rafa, Novak and
Andy have already played one match on Suzanne. Yet one of them needs to be relegated to Suzanne again. Who should that be? That is going to be a tough decision.

Adding to the complication is the fact that both Novak and Andy are playing French Players,
Gasquet and Chardy respectively. Will they be willing to throw Rafa on to Suzanne again.

3. Andy: Unbeaten in this clay season, playing Chardy who has not got a sniff of centre court yet.

Alternatively, they could place all three and Serena on Philippe to avoid any controversy.
But, then they would get flak if the matches go on for long time and they cannot finish it before sunset.

That really should not be a consideration.

They will put the Frenchies on centre court. Nadal gets relegated to Langlen, although it is the most interesting match of the three.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Denisovich said:
GameSetAndMath said:

That really should not be a consideration.

They will put the Frenchies on centre court. Nadal gets relegated to Langlen, although it is the most interesting match of the three.

ITA, but if SOCK actually finds something in him to extend Nadal to 5 or actually beat him, all kinds of regrets will be expressed! This has always been "the men's" tourney; send Serena outside! :p :angel: :dodgy: - The draw couldn't be much better; got the French contingent, the top seeds, and a sprinkling of past major winners! It's almost picturesque!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:
Ferrer has his hands full. Bolelli is whacking his return now.

Bolelli went up 2 sets to love against Djokovic here a couple of years ago. Ferrer has turned around the 4th, so we'll see if Bolelli can keep it up.

No he did not. Novak has not even lost a single set against Bolelli, and they never played at the French.

Methinks she got mixed up with Seppi! He's the guy who was up 2 sets to zip against Novak.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Went out to get a haircut and I just checked the score. Pretty dismal result for Bolelli winning just one more game after winning 2 sets?!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Seems someone deleted 5 of my posts since I was out too.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My goodness, this thread day by day seems to be " the Novak fan club" more and more it sounds already like a LOL :snicker :popcorn :cover :p

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
My goodness, this thread day by day seems to be " the Novak fan club" more and more it sounds already like a LOL :snicker :popcorn :cover :p

Thank goodness we have you here to keep things balanced, neutral and informed.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Murray will be on Lenglen.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
tented said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Murray will be on Lenglen.

IIRC, that's how Chardy made a name for himself; took Murray out of a Masters a couple years ago one fall! Other than that he's been anonymous; has all the shots, but something's wrong btwn the ears! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Carol35 said:

Thank goodness we have you here to keep things balanced, neutral and informed.

Yeah, so balanced, neutral an informed like you? look who is talking :lolz: :laydownlaughing
Every day I read something funny.....lol

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lots of straight set wins for the top guys today. Looks like everyone is getting into top gear for the second week. This is gonna be good. Ferrer danced with danger but made it through. Really want to see all eight top seeds get to the quarters. When's the last time that happened? El Dude? Tented?

R3
N Djokovic (SRB) (1) bt T Kokkinakis (AUS) 6-4, 6-4, 6-4
A Murray (GBR) (3) bt N Kyrgios (AUS) (29) 6-4, 6-2, 6-3
R Nadal (ESP) (6) bt A Kuznetsov (RUS) 6-1, 6-3, 6-2
D Ferrer (ESP) (7) bt S Bolelli (ITA) 6-3, 1-6, 5-7, 6-0, 6-1
M Cilic (CRO) (9) bt L Mayer (ARG) (23) 6-3, 6-2, 6-4
R Gasquet (FRA) (20) bt K Anderson (RSA) (15) 4-6, 7-64, 7-5, 6-4
J Chardy (FRA) bt D Goffin (BEL) (17) 6-3, 6-4, 6-2
J Sock (USA) bt B Coric (CRO) 6-2, 6-1, 6-4

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Carol35 said:

He did play today, he is on a great winning streak and besides it was incorrectly stated that Bolelli was leading 2:0 in a previous FO encounter with Nole, they were just providing correct information, nothing more than that.;)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Billie said:
Carol35 said:

He did play today, he is on a great winning streak and besides it was incorrectly stated that Bolelli was leading 2:0 in a previous FO encounter with Nole, they were just providing correct information, nothing more than that.;)

It's an exaggeration here, but on my own personal blog, it has slowly turned into a homage to Nole's greatness! Like you said, he's just getting his due because he's having such a great run and any comments on it seems to be overdone! The thing is fans of Roger and Rafa have been doing it for years! They were "tennis gods," above the rest of the tour, and even the so called experts were seduced and made to go overboard in praise of their record and rivalry! :clap :angel: :dodgy: :popcorn

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
He did not play well today, but I came across this article about Coric for anybody who is interested in it

http://sport360.com/article/international/37365/teenager-borna-coric-wants-follow-footsteps-novak-djokovic

Coric was also romantically involved with Donna Vekic, the same one that is allegedly romantically linked to Stan the man now. I know you'll like this important piece of information.:snicker

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:

And for years before, when you were not yet a member, we got infected by nadalitis, as whenever I opened a page on this forum, it was Ralphie who fans were talking about everywhere.
:dodgy:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Billie said:
Carol35 said:

It's an exaggeration here, but on my own personal blog, it has slowly turned into a homage to Nole's greatness! Like you said, he's just getting his due because he's having such a great run and any comments on it seems to be overdone! The thing is fans of Roger and Rafa have been doing it for years! They were "tennis gods," above the rest of the tour, and even the so called experts were seduced and made to go overboard in praise of their record and rivalry! :clap :angel: :dodgy: :popcorn

Wonderfully said Fiero. Even now when he is clearly above the rest, he doesn't get respect from some here but it is fine, I am satisfied with overall recognition. I am always happy when I read 1 of your posts about Nole, or any other fan of his, and those are the ones that really matter to me, along with other, even headed posts.:heart: