Roland Garros - Day 1, Sunday May 24 - Order of Play

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Morning, fellow Frontierers. Just woke up and held my breath as I checked the scores. No upsets today except Johnson My Johnson winning one for the United States of Obama. The biggest news was Federer's tribute to My Little Pony outfit. Nice to see Wawrinka looking good. Both he and Nishikori already advance further than they did last year. This is going to be such a fun tournament.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I probably won't get to see another match till Saturday :/

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhUj0Tem5dU[/video]

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Morning, fellow Frontierers. Just woke up and held my breath as I checked the scores. No upsets today except Johnson My Johnson winning one for the United States of Obama. The biggest news was Federer's tribute to My Little Pony outfit. Nice to see Wawrinka looking good. Both he and Nishikori already advance further than they did last year. This is going to be such a fun tournament.

united states of obama lmaooo :laydownlaughing

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
McEnroe's an imbecile. I liked him as a player but as a commentator he's beyond bad.

It's too bad that NBC , ESPN and TC hasn't figure out why they have been paying him millions for his tennis commentaries when they have obviously over looked your talents and the without a second thought comments that we have been so blessed by here on this board.

John McEnroe is an appalling commentator. Probably the worst in the business.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
britbox said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
McEnroe's an imbecile. I liked him as a player but as a commentator he's beyond bad.

It's too bad that NBC , ESPN and TC hasn't figure out why they have been paying him millions for his tennis commentaries when they have obviously over looked your talents and the without a second thought comments that we have been so blessed by here on this board.

Not the worst Baron. Not by a longshot. :nono

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The bigest problem of MacEnroe as commentator is he likes to talk too much and most of the times about himself but his brother is not too much better :nono

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Did you all see that dude wanting a selfie with Fed?:nono

Ever since Monica's incident these kinds of things freak me out. They should really step up their security in Paris. This is not the first time somebody got on court here.:puzzled

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Front242 said:
I probably won't get to see another match till Saturday :/

Stop whinging and settle for replays like others.;):wave

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Maybe your distain for him is high but apparently he is the number on tennis analyst for a reason.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:

I liked this board better when we didn't have to suffer thru these asinine political views of some of these posters.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kirijax said:

I liked this board better when we didn't have to suffer thru these asinine political views of some of these posters.

Yikes! Just an early morning off-the-cuff joke that was not intended to have such a deep political meaning.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
kskate2 said:
britbox said:
the AntiPusher said:

Yeah, that title belongs to Carillo.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
But they are really close, Murat.;)

To all: I just read this, isn't it cool?

68d9b72a983a696d284f253a0ee454a0.jpg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Mac is not a good commentator. Just because someone is getting to do something doesn't mean he's great at it.
I knew this was coming , anti Mac ..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
kskate2 said:
britbox said:

Yeah, that title belongs to Carillo.
Carillo is the worst, Mac problem is he isn't liked as a person. If it was Edberg saying what Mac says no one would say a damn thing. I like Robbie and Jason. They don't compare or say things like "Rafa is has great hands at the net which he does but because he isn't at the net 30,% of the time , Mac gets ridiculed for stating what he sees.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kirijax said:

Yikes! Just an early morning off-the-cuff joke that was not intended to have such a deep political meaning.

Nah, it's more than that. I am a little bit to sharp to see through bs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
The bigest problem of MacEnroe as commentator is he likes to talk too much and most of the times about himself but his brother is not too much better :nono

Carol, mostly all the top sports analyst talk too much, John Madden did in American football, Tim McCarver does in baseball, Jeff Van Gundy does in basketball and Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo does in golf. What all these guys have in common is that they are brutally honest. Mac has angered the Fed fans because he says, although Roger has the grand slam titles lead he isn't so sure he is the greatest ever because he has been dominated while he was in his prime by one guy, Rafa. Why isn't Rafa the greatest if he has almost as many grand slams titles .

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kirijax said:
the AntiPusher said:

No. It wasn't. But you're free to get as unruffled all you like.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kirijax said:

No. It wasn't. But you're free to get as unruffled all you like.
that's right redirect it make it look like its an AP issue