Roland Garros - Day 1, Sunday May 24 - Order of Play

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Mathieu put up a good fight and against a lesser player than Nishikori would've had a good shot at winning.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kyrgios says that his favorite player is Monfils who if plays well he can surprise with his good shots to anyone. Also he says that even he is from Boston his Basketball team is Cleveland and LeBron

Meanwhile Nadal says that he can't see and feel too much diference in the conditions of the court comparing last year

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very entertaining match between Garcia Lopez and Steve Johnson.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
Very entertaining match between Garcia Lopez and Steve Johnson.

McEnroe just mentioned how tough the draw is for ALL US men it seems; 1st round bloodbath a distinct possibility! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: - If Johnson allows GL to come back in 5, this could be a precursor to future results in the 1st rd! :cover :cry

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting what John McEnroe said about Rafa. First he said that he would have seeded Rafa number 2 at RG. He said that Rafa isn't using his lower core of his body which makes him think that maybe his knees are not 100 % and that's why Rafa is using so much of his arms with his strokes instead of his lower core.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
McEnroe's an imbecile. I liked him as a player but as a commentator he's beyond bad.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
McEnroe's an imbecile. I liked him as a player but as a commentator he's beyond bad.

He's been Rafa's biggest cheerleader for years; giving him major props! He all but dismisses Roger I guess because of the H2H! I can't give it to him due to his inability to defend "ANY" title off the clay surface and is missing a few Masters titles! Both Roger and Nole are more complete players and I'm hoping they wind up being the proverbial #1 & #2 "all time" after all is said and done! Rafa's hoarding of FO titles is impressive, but showed him to be more of a 1-trick pony with isolated success elsewhere! His summer and fall results are the worst of any #1 in memory! :cover :nono :angel:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Steve Johnson upsets Garcia-Lopez in 5 sets.
He won the first 2, then lost the next 2 and he had to comeback from a Break down in the 5th deciding set.
He had to work really hard for it.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Interesting what John McEnroe said about Rafa. First he said that he would have seeded Rafa number 2 at RG. He said that Rafa isn't using his lower core of his body which makes him think that maybe his knees are not 100 % and that's why Rafa is using so much of his arms with his strokes instead of his lower core.

He is slower that is what is wrong. What is so hard to comprehend?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:

He's been Rafa's biggest cheerleader for years; giving him major props! He all but dismisses Roger I guess because of the H2H! I can't give it to him due to his inability to defend "ANY" title off the clay surface and is missing a few Masters titles! Both Roger and Nole are more complete players and I'm hoping they wind up being the proverbial #1 & #2 "all time" after all is said and done! Rafa's hoarding of FO titles is impressive, but showed him to be more of a 1-trick pony with isolated success elsewhere! His summer and fall results are the worst of any #1 in memory! :cover :nono :angel:
The dude owns a career grand slam and you describe him as a one trick pony! :lolz:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:

McEnroe as any good tennis follower is surprised how long Rafa is taking to get his best level. I suppose that he (Rafa) doesn't have those strong legs like when he was 20 and less after he was so long time with his knee injury but right now he is healthy though his confidence has been lower than usually has been before
Anyway, if he would keep playing like a roller coaster in this RG and he wouldn't win his tenth title it wouldn't be the end of the world, he lost once before and I don't think any player will do such a superb record and of course he has still time to do better in grass and later in HC, he has not forgot to play so he has enough game to do that and much more

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:

It's too bad that NBC , ESPN and TC hasn't figure out why they have been paying him millions for his tennis commentaries when they have obviously over looked your talents and the without a second thought comments that we have been so blessed by here on this board.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

It's too bad that NBC , ESPN and TC hasn't figure out why they have been paying him millions for his tennis commentaries when they have obviously over looked your talents and the without a second thought comments that we have been so blessed by here on this board.

Is that "a read?" :lolz: :snicker :laydownlaughing :angel: :dodgy: :p :ras:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

One of the best comments I've read around here :clap :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:

McEnroe is just brutely honest and have no reason to be bias against Novak or any other player. We all have endured his brother Patrick's lips glued to Roger's backside for years.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

Think for one second how every match you hear McEnroe commentating he says said player has the best forehand of all time. If they all have the best forehand of all time then what sort of a compliment is that? As I said, he's an imbecile when it comes to commentating. As a player he was great to watch though.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:

McEnroe is just brutally honest and have no reason to be bias against Novak or any other player. We all have endured his brother Patrick's lips glued to Roger's backside for years.

But that makes sense! I spend a lot of time, going back to the 70's really, collecting and studying the record book as it just gets annihilated by Federer and his sustained excellence! Like Martina Navratilova for women, Roger will own most records having to deal with tourney wins, streaks in the majors, years at the top of the game, etc. after all is said and done! :angel: :dodgy:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mac is not a good commentator. Just because someone is getting paid to do something doesn't mean he's great at it.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I liked the time Agassi got in the booth in New York. I thought jimmy arias did okay, but the dynamic duo of the Robbie Koenig and "lovely variation" Jason Goodall get my vote as the best.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
shawnbm said:
I liked the time Agassi got in the booth in New York. I thought jimmy arias did okay, but the dynamic duo of the Robbie Koenig and "lovely variation" Jason Goodall get my vote as the best.

Robbie Keonig is awesome. Wish he did slams as well as masters.