Court Philippe CHATRIER -Start 14h00
Sloane STEPHENS (USA)[10]
- Daria KASATKINA (RUS) [14] 63 61

Court Suzanne LENGLEN - Start 14h00
Yulia PUTINTSEVA (KAZ) - Madison KEYS (USA)[13] 67 46

Court 1 - Start 11h00
Barbora KREJCIKOVA (CZE) / Katerina SINIAKOVA (CZE) [6]
- Andreja KLEPAC (SLO) / María José MARTINEZ SANCHEZ (ESP) [3] 63 63
Irina BARA (ROU) & Mihaela BUZARNESCU (ROU)vs Hao-Ching CHAN (TPE) & Zhaoxuan YANG (CHN) [8] 36 61 46

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think anybody would begrudge Halep snagging a title here but I just don't see it happening. Even with Serena's withdrawal, there are plenty of big match sharks left.

With Cibby and Woz out of commission, I'm rooting for my third amigo - Garbiñe.

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Nobody from bottom half will win the title.

The title will go to Halep/Kerbie/Garbage/Meldopova only.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Daria's serves are so weak (only about 76 mph and that is first serve). As long as Sloane returns well and does not even let the rally start, Sloane has excellent chances of winning quickly. Woz did such a terrible job at returning that Daria even served her first ace in WTA against Woz (ok, don't take literally, but Daria did have an ace from 75 mph serve in that match).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nobody from bottom half will win the title.

The title will go to Halep/Kerbie/Garbage/Meldopova only.
Why always with "Garbage?" You dislike her game? You hope she loses to Maria?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think anybody would begrudge Halep snagging a title here but I just don't see it happening. Even with Serena's withdrawal, there are plenty of big match sharks left.

With Cibby and Woz out of commission, I'm rooting for my third amigo - Garbiñe.
I always like Muguruza. I want seriously for her to take out Sharapova. I'd love to see her win the title. But I'd also like to see Halep get the monkey off her back.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I always like Muguruza. I want seriously for her to take out Sharapova. I'd love to see her win the title. But I'd also like to see Halep get the monkey off her back.

I am definitely rooting for Garbage to win against Meldopova, but not so much for the title though.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am definitely rooting for Garbage to win against Meldopova, but not so much for the title though.
Why do you call her Garbage? She's an aggressive player. I know you to be dismissive of defensive ones, but she really isn't.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Why do you call her Garbage? She's an aggressive player. I know you to be dismissive of defensive ones, but she really isn't.

I already explained sometime ago. It is just a nickname; does not mean I think her game is garbage.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I already explained sometime ago. It is just a nickname; does not mean I think her game is garbage.
But you think that's cool? It's really insulting, as a nickname. It implies junk-ball and I don't think she plays that way. We've asked other people to stop using nicknames that offend, and they've managed it.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
But you think that's cool? It's really insulting, as a nickname. It implies junk-ball and I don't think she plays that way. We've asked other people to stop using nicknames that offend, and they've managed it.

I have told you explicitly that I don't think her game is garbage. But, it is kind of nick name that got stuck with her. I can stop commenting about her, perhaps.

Isabelle calls Roger as "Olderer" and Monfed calls Rafa as "Nadull" and those nicknames are actually created intentionally. I did not even coin the term "Garbage". Somebody did it and many repeated it and it got stuck. That's it. No offense.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I called her Garbage a lot because of how hot and cold her game runs because for someone who has won slams she shouldn’t be this reliably inconsistent.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Opening TB to Keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
KS, Ebony Smooth is looking pretty fierce, she appears to be able to make it to late the 2nd week. I can imagine Keys wants another opportunity to play her
You're right. ES is a threat to win this title. The oracle was wrong. This hardly ever happens. Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

Reactions: the AntiPusher

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
SS has everything to win multiple majors, especially on clay, except desire. I don’t know if that’s something that can be developed or instilled. I pick her over Keys.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sloane has beaten Muguruza already and moves well on clay..she can only lose to Halep otherwise she can beat everyone on the other side of her draw,I wont be surprised to see Scone lifting the trophy..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sloane has beaten Muguruza already and moves well on clay..she can only lose to Halep otherwise she can beat everyone on the other side of her draw,I wont be surprised to see Scone lifting the trophy..
All Madison has in her favor is big serve and Revenge..if she tries to knock Sloane off the court..she will probably loose. Its time for Davenport to earn her title as coach by keeping Madison focused and staying in the moment. (Madison game is so closely modeled like Sharapova which peovides a huge advantage for Sloane). Keys best hope is that Sloane has a bad day at the office. Madison should focus on Sloane Stephens backhand .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
All Madison has in her favor is big serve and Revenge..if she tries to knock Sloane off the court..she will probably loose. Its time for Davenport to earn her title as coach by keeping Madison focused and staying in the moment. (Madison game is so closely modeled like Sharapova which peovides a huge advantage for Sloane). Keys best hope is that Sloane has a bad day at the office. Madison should focus on Sloane Stephens backhand .
Didn't you hear? Davenport is dumping Keys after RG. Says she needs a full-time coach who can be there w/ her. Translation = I'm tired of this choker who doesn't listen to anything I tell her to do.