Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At times they go to an exchange and it gets exciting until someone errors again. It's a pity they can't sustain that level for some period of the match. Maybe in the 3rd set.

Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev and FAA having a DF contest, Zverev with 10, FAA with 11. Zverev was up a break in the 3rd, now serving to stay in the match. Usual.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
LOL, Zverev just came within a foot or so of hitting the baseline on his second serve. It will be added to one of those YouTube compilations of terrible serves.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
LOL, Zverev just came within a foot or so of hitting the baseline on his second serve. It will be added to one of those YouTube compilations of terrible serves.

Hahah, his DF count rose quickly to 14 when I tuned in and FAA kept it at 12 at the end. Ridiculous.

Zverev match was just about who will donate less and this match not much different either. I don't know what's up with these guys. Looking forward to Thiem-Medvedev tomorrow. Can't watch the rest today, time zone difference.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And I forgot to post how Coric reacts when he sees mighty Mannarino in the draw (h2h 0:4)

e0a9a3d82274827346dad8eea5339e6517244be9b44299fd6a5d5da2372e2a96.jpg

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So sad for FAA, he's a talented kid and his time will come... but I'm sure FAA will find solace in the fact that Nadal is still in the tournament and I'm sure he's rooting for him just like the rest of the world...

Reactions: tossip and DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
So sad for FAA, he's a talented kid and his time will come... but I'm sure FAA will find solace in the fact that Nadal is still in the tournament and I'm sure he's rooting for him just like the rest of the world...

You are relentless I have to give you credit :)

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Apparently it's very windy in Montreal right now. Bad news for Pella, who is down the early break.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Apparently it's very windy in Montreal right now. Bad news for Pella, who is down the early break.

If only we could watch it on Tennis Channel. At this point, I'm not going to pay for Tennis Channel Plus because of how annoying they've been, pushing marque matches onto it in a desperate attempt to get people to pay more. No thanks! :nono:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If only we could watch it on Tennis Channel. At this point, I'm not going to pay for Tennis Channel Plus because of how annoying they've been, pushing marque matches onto it in a desperate attempt to get people to pay more. No thanks! :nono:
My same complaint exactly! They show the least interesting matches, or American players...like Serena now, trying to get us to subscribe to their channel. They showed Rafa's match for about 5 games, and that's the last I've seen of it. SO pissed off.

Reactions: tented

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I saw enough to see it was a waste of time watching! People appreciate being able to see Serena I'm sure; not me, but some! :whistle: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
FAA looked exhausted plus the humidity in Montreal midday is a killer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
FAA looked exhausted plus the humidity in Montreal midday is a killer
He's a kid, and Khachanov is no schlub. Maybe local pressure, but he's coming along nicely.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
He's a kid, and Khachanov is no schlub. Maybe local pressure, but he's coming along nicely.

Not sure if it is only local pressure. If you think of it, it seems that absolutely everyone are completely sure that he is a future #1 (including myself). I mean, can you remember one poster who does not think he'll get there? (but I admit I have not seen that much of him so I am bandwaggoning a bit. And I am still sure he is only 12 years old).

Anyway that sort of thing can surely get to him somehow.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure if it is only local pressure. If you think of it, it seems that absolutely everyone are completely sure that he is a future #1 (including myself). I mean, can you remember one poster who does not think he'll get there? (but I admit I have not seen that much of him so I am bandwaggoning a bit. And I am still sure he is only 12 years old).

Anyway that sort of thing can surely get to him somehow.
Oh, I agree that even beyond local pressure, he's got to be feeling it. He wants it, too. He's got stuff to work on, like that 2nd serve, but the DFs also had to do a lot with pressure. Plus, give KK his due...he's also and up-and-comer.

Reactions: rafanoy1992

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA losing to silent K is not a bad loss.. Silent KK is a grown ass Man who can hit through everybody but Roger and Novak.( I know Rafa has defeated him a few times but it's has been a loss because he is pretty beaten up afterwards). FAA is still growing into his body and he will learn how to play of a player the caliber.of Silent KK. .Bravo FAA and Silent KK

Last edited: