Rogers Cup 2018, Toronto, Canada, ATP Masters

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
As usual, you only see extremes. Lindsay Davenport made the point earlier that it's a big thing in the men's game for young players to go, for the first times, into best of 5 matches. There have been teenagers that developed early and navigated it better, but it's rarer. As to Roger, you'll talk about him under-achieving all the time. You opinion is so biased as to be negated. I think Fiero has it more right to say that it took time for Roger's game to "gel." If he was slower to develop and get results, he surely made up for it.

What extreme did I use? Sascha has been awful at majors no? I never said he won't turn it around as I do think he has a good future and will win multiple majors. But I wouldn't exactly compare him to Roger in talent or potential.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What extreme did I use? Sascha has been awful at majors no? I never said he won't turn it around as I do think he has a good future and will win multiple majors. But I wouldn't exactly compare him to Roger in talent or potential.

That was the "extreme." That he's been "awful" at Majors. I'm sure neither of us is bored enough to compare how Roger did at Majors before 21, but I'm pretty sure that, except for beating Pete at W, (3rd round was it?) his results weren't that impressive, either. In any case, my point of comparing Sasha to Roger is not to say that he's going to be Roger, only to say that it's too early to say that he's slacking off. I think we've lost perspective, in this era, of what constitutes decent results for really young players. And what even constitutes "young." There is a huge difference in talent between Roger, Rafa and Novak, and basically everyone else active in the game now. That doesn't mean they're all terrible or lazy or can't man up to the competition, though I would say there is some of that in there. But the youngsters shouldn't get tarred with that brush. Not yet, at least.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh ya, cough drop has some chance too and finally the greek also has some chance. The SF is no brainer.
Where no brains are concerned, you're the king, so who ya got? ;-):

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sick slider pass from Rafa, and then he gets in on the error.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Cuntdal benefits from another rain delay. Nothing new here.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cuntdal benefits from another rain delay. Nothing new here.
Oh, please, with the childish "who benefits by a rain delay." And the women on this forum may have appreciated when you avoided the C-word. Now you're just mad and breaking it out. I'd appreciate if you'd cool it off with that, personally.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal rubbish of giving back the break. This has to stop.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's all falling in for Stan now. I think he's got this set.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Oh boy. Stan cannot give that much court away against Nads. back on serve

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Terrific game from Rafa to break back.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Time violation warning to Nadal. And I thought he'd speeded it up. TC says both players are taking the same amount of time, on average.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
As usual dull only gets TVs but no point penalties. Pathetic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As usual dull only gets TVs but no point penalties. Pathetic.
In the same way you don't understand the draw, you don't understand how the TVs work.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal benefits from another rain delay. Nothing new here.

Well you literally cannot make this up even if you tried. Which player in entire bloody ATP keeps getting repeatedly lucky like this? Do the random factors ever fall against dull, like ever?

What should've been a straight sets victory for Stan is the exact opposite because this moonballer has all the luck on his side. Fucking disgusting.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Excellent shot for the win.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
More glimpses of Stanimal in this match than all of his others combined this year. Didn't win this match, but nice to see him be competitive the whole match

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Disgusting result. Absolutely sickening.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well you literally cannot make this up even if you tried. Which player in entire bloody ATP keeps getting repeatedly lucky like this? Do the random factors ever fall against dull, like ever?

What should've been a straight sets victory for Stan is the exact opposite because this moonballer has all the luck on his side. Fucking disgusting.
#paralleluniverse