Rogers Cup 2018, Toronto, Canada, ATP Masters

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I've always said I like Roger well-enough. I've never called for him to hurt his knees, or called him countless horrible names, or said he was a blight on tennis for called his fan Fedtards...sure, I'm perfectly comfortable to say it. And my sentences also make sense.

I am not someone who wishes any injury to Ralph or for that matter any other player. I am not like "that" fan of Steffi. Actually, I also don't think any Feddie has ever wished Rafa injury.

Hoping Karen keeps Ralph on court for three hours so that he gets tired for the final is not the same as wishing injury.

Nice attempt by you to blur the issues, almost Trumpesque.

Reactions: Chris Koziarz

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I've always said I like Roger well-enough. I've never called for him to hurt his knees, or called him countless horrible names, or said he was a blight on tennis for called his fan Fedtards...sure, I'm perfectly comfortable to say it. And my sentences also make sense.

You and your fellow Nadal fans play the victim card all the time. Part of what I can't stand about your boy too and all his self-serving and whining BS.

And no matter what we say as to the reasons we might dislike Nadal you don't listen. If we say we find his game boring you take offense and say we are just bitter he has beaten Federer. If we say we find his personality and gamesmanship to be things we hate then it is because we are bitter he has beaten Federer. Just stop playing the victim if you are going to be like that.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Also having watched this match and much of the tournament...what the hell is the point in having the damn shot clock if you aren't going to give them a warning when it expires. Nadal was clearly over the limit multiple times and nothing. It's just pure stupidity. It's also stupid to wait 5-6 seconds to start the clock after the point ends. Players are well used to doing their routines while the chair ump calls out the score. The only special consideration given should be if the crowd is cheering for a long time between the points.

Reactions: Chris Koziarz

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Also having watched this match and much of the tournament...what the hell is the point in having the damn shot clock if you aren't going to give them a warning when it expires. Nadal was clearly over the limit multiple times and nothing. It's just pure stupidity. It's also stupid to wait 5-6 seconds to start the clock after the point ends. Players are well used to doing their routines while the chair ump calls out the score. The only special consideration given should be if the crowd is cheering for a long time between the points.

Exactly. I was about to post about the same point. In today's match alone on more than three occasions I noticed that Rafa makes contact with the ball after a clear 4 to 6 seconds. I am sure the actual number of such occurrences is much larger as I am only counting the occasions that I can be sure of (they don't always show the clock on TV before each serve). Now, this is ridiculous.

But, I am OK with the referee deciding when to start the clock using his discretion, to account for various unforeseen situations including the one you mentioned.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly. I was about to post about the same point. In today's match alone on more than three occasions I noticed that Rafa makes contact with the ball after a clear 4 to 6 seconds. I am sure the actual number of such occurrences is much larger as I am only counting the occasions that I can be sure of (they don't always show the clock on TV before each serve). Now, this is ridiculous.

But, I am OK with the referee deciding when to start the clock using his discretion, to account for various unforeseen situations including the one you mentioned.

Yes but it's every point that the shot clock starts after about 5 seconds. So in essence they have 30 seconds which I think is too long. And with the way they are calling it they have more than 30 seconds for the most part.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope they will be stricter at the US Open in enforcing the time limit.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa definitely won't play in Cincy

As far as I can remember, this is the first time Rafa has skipped a tournament due to "wise scheduling decision". He surely has skipped several tourneys before. But, in all those instances either he was already injured or the doctors felt that if he plays he will be aggravating some injury which has not healed up completely.

Rafa is clearly healthy as of today and there is no danger of he hurting himself if he plays in Cincy (as he is not coming back from any injury episode). I am not complaining here. I am actually amazed that Rafa has finally wised up.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
dull withdrew cause he knew he'll lose. Coward

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Yes but it's every point that the shot clock starts after about 5 seconds. So in essence they have 30 seconds which I think is too long. And with the way they are calling it they have more than 30 seconds for the most part.
It was pathetic to not call time violations against Nadal, even when there was no shot clock. Now, when there is a shot clock, the umpire who still does not call time violation, is IMO not fit do do his job and should be at least reprimanded by ATP if not simply fired and replaced by someone who does better job. This situation is now pathetically silly. What else can be done to have those stupid "at the umpire discretion" calls favouring Nadal eradicated? A siren, like in football match (where penalty is an automatic loss of down)? Well, this is not football and tennis players are intelligent & do not need to be "booed" by a siren. But I think in case of Nadal, only a siren can teach him to stick to the rule, because umpires are too afraid to call him (because of his status) so they have taught him the disregard to the rule.

Reactions: DarthFed

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
As far as I can remember, this is the first time Rafa has skipped a tournament due to "wise scheduling decision". He surely has skipped several tourneys before. But, in all those instances either he was already injured or the doctors felt that if he plays he will be aggravating some injury which has not healed up completely.

Rafa is clearly healthy as of today and there is no danger of he hurting himself if he plays in Cincy (as he is not coming back from any injury episode). I am not complaining here. I am actually amazed that Rafa has finally wised up.
Yep, It’s a wise decision

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You and your fellow Nadal fans play the victim card all the time. Part of what I can't stand about your boy too and all his self-serving and whining BS.

And no matter what we say as to the reasons we might dislike Nadal you don't listen. If we say we find his game boring you take offense and say we are just bitter he has beaten Federer. If we say we find his personality and gamesmanship to be things we hate then it is because we are bitter he has beaten Federer. Just stop playing the victim if you are going to be like that.
This is not a victim card. I just think you're being assholes. This is beyond anything like amusing banter. But I'm not a victim, because I choose to stay and fight with you guys. I can easily absent myself and avoid it all.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This is not a victim card. I just think you're being assholes. This is beyond anything like amusing banter. But I'm not a victim, because I choose to stay and fight with you guys. I can easily absent myself and avoid it all.

If I hate the dude I hate the dude, I don't need to sugarcoat things. Nothing personal, he's just for some people boring to watch and not trustworthy in any way and add that to his fake personality.

And you act like there aren't awful Nadal fans (without naming names).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It was pathetic to not call time violations against Nadal, even when there was no shot clock. Now, when there is a shot clock, the umpire who still does not call time violation, is IMO not fit do do his job and should be at least reprimanded by ATP if not simply fired and replaced by someone who does better job. This situation is now pathetically silly. What else can be done to have those stupid "at the umpire discretion" calls favouring Nadal eradicated? A siren, like in football match (where penalty is an automatic loss of down)? Well, this is not football and tennis players are intelligent & do not need to be "booed" by a siren. But I think in case of Nadal, only a siren can teach him to stick to the rule, because umpires are too afraid to call him (because of his status) so they have taught him the disregard to the rule.

To be fair, the umpires might be genuinely in fear of being banned by the establishment at the request of Ralph, if they do give him a time violation.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
To be fair, the umpires might be genuinely in fear of being banned by the establishment at the request of Ralph, if they do give him a time violation.

I can't picture Nadal being petty enough to insist on having a chair ump banned from his matches :D

Reactions: 10isfan

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'd take some advice that Broken Shoelace gave everyone ages ago if Monfed is annoying you & put him on ignore. It's bliss. You don't have to see what Monfed has to say. (Talking about Broken Shoelace, he hasn't been on for a while. I hope he's o.k.)
Thanks, very wise suggestion by BSL & the decision. I also follow it.
On this occasion, I just wanted to test the narcissist's readiness to self-reflect (and got negative reaction), because psychologists have proven that narcissism (even on the very high end of spectrum) does not kill the ability of self-reflection.
At the same time, I wanted to show how to talk honestly to a narcisist, if anyone chooses to. There is no point arguing his opinion and his bad manners because it will only backfire. The only way is to, in the authoritative way, turn his attention to other people's emotions.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If I hate the dude I hate the dude, I don't need to sugarcoat things. Nothing personal, he's just for some people boring to watch and not trustworthy in any way and add that to his fake personality.

Maybe you think that you are a “good” Federer fan? you are a bad loser and as awful as that clown of monfed. So if you don’t like to read something bad about your idol then try don’t talk so much garbage about the other player,. I see this is getting worse than ever, you don’t talk about tennis, you only know to insult to one of the greatest player of the tennis history who deserves all the respect. So again, if you like respect for your idol then try to respect others, otherwise wait for the responds that you are not going to like because I will have to go to your low level
And when you talk about fake personality try to think to your dear Federer, he is the winner!

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions

Sorry Darth if it's a repeat for you because I had missed the discussions on the topics I emphasised. Can you explain what you mean by Nadal being "not trustworthy" & having "fake personality"?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

My point whizzed past you by a mile, clearly.