Rogers Cup 2018, Toronto, Canada, ATP Masters

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not even that could upset Rafa. :banghead:
To be accurate, he's always said it's not a superstition, just a way of organizing his thoughts and dissipating the tension of a match. And it does seem to work for him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Easy match for the twat. Didn't really expect otherwise.

I think he has too much for Perseus right now on a surface like this. He can outlast him and grind out a win but he can also push Stefanos around.
I don't think it's a gimme. And I'd kinda like to root for Tsitsipas, , given that Rafa doesn't need it, and it's Stefanos' bday and all. And he could be one of my next favorites. Except that you and a few others have been such assholes all week (season?) that I want Rafa to win just to piss you off. :devilfinger:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think it's a gimme. And I'd kinda like to root for Tsitsipas, , given that Rafa doesn't need it, and it's Stefanos' bday and all. And he could be one of my next favorites. Except that you and a few others have been such assholes all week (season?) that I want Rafa to win just to piss you off. :devilfinger:

Nothing is a gimme with the young Greek hero. The forehand and serve are already pretty big weapons and he is clutch and focused beyond his years. That will help him today but I think Rafa will have plenty of success with his normal pattern. And Perseus has to be pretty exhausted by now. So Medusa will win this in straights.

I think he is your next new favorite, not just one of your next favorites. We will be on the same team soon enough, once this prison sentence of having to watch Nads comes to a much needed end. Imagine us on the same team :yahoo:

Reactions: herios

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nothing is a gimme with the young Greek hero. The forehand and serve are already pretty big weapons and he is clutch and focused beyond his years. That will help him today but I think Rafa will have plenty of success with his normal pattern. And Perseus has to be pretty exhausted by now. So Medusa will win this in straights.

I think he is your next new favorite, not just one of your next favorites. We will be on the same team soon enough, once this prison sentence of having to watch Nads comes to a much needed end. Imagine us on the same team :yahoo:

I'd sooner chew glass, atm, you potty-mouthed Greek. Why don't you just enjoy your Roger while you've still got him and leave my Rafa to me? :approved

Reactions: DarthFed

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I can’t watch this match. How is it looking? Nads pounding T’s backhand?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Just like Karen last night, the young Adonis has already given up his serve.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is so disgusting seriously. Sheesh. Here's a young talent who has a great chance to make it big and he has to face this rotten moonballing that shouldn't even be allowed in tennis in the first place. Makes my stomach churn.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the second match that I have seen Tsitsipas play. He is a decent player who does the basics well. It seems like he is being frustrated by Rafa's ability to keep the ball on court. He has to work hard for every point. That leaves wondering how he beat Djokovic, who is also a good retriever.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is the second match that I have seen Tsitsipas play. He is a decent player who does the basics well. It seems like he is being frustrated by Rafa's ability to keep the ball on court. He has to work hard for every point. That leaves wondering how he beat Djokovic, who is also a good retriever.
It's more than the fact that Nadal is a good retriever. He's using that lefty spin to the nth degree today. He looks a bit more aggressive this match than the others and the young Greek has to be on fumes by now, so he's as slow as a turtle to me.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's more than the fact that Nadal is a good retriever. He's using that lefty spin to nth degree today. He's looks a bit more aggressive this match than the others and the young Greek has to be on fumes by now, so he looks as slow as turtle to me.
I noticed that the Greek is missing some of the backhands, but I would have expected him to do better with the Rafa's spin, given his height. However, I also think that he is trying to shorten the points and over-hitting as a result.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's more than the fact that Nadal is a good retriever. He's using that lefty spin to the nth degree today. He looks a bit more aggressive this match than the others and the young Greek has to be on fumes by now, so he's as slow as a turtle to me.
Also, this is the best Nadal has served all week, by far. It's really not about "retrieving" at all. The aggression and great play is basically all from Nadal. The kid does look tired, but he's being far out-played.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I agree with that Mox. I haven't seen all his matches this week, but the ones I did see he wasn't serving this well