Qatar Exxon Mobil Open 2019 - Doha - ATP 250

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It's a proper tournament. Seems sour grapes to say that, just because your guy lost.

Oh please; stop projecting! I've been saying that about this tourney for as long as I can remember! Few actually even attend with appearance money in the offing! What do you call something like this with only 6 or 8 players invited; an ATP top flight event? I think not; get over yourself! Winning this does little to nothing when it comes to preparing for a legit ATP tourney! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :sick:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh please; stop projecting! I've been saying that about this tourney for as long as I can remember! Few actually even attend with appearance money in the offing! What do you call something like this with only 6 or 8 players invited; a ATP top flight event? I think not; get over yourself! Winning this does little to nothing when it comes to preparing for a legit ATP tourney!
It's a 250, I didn't say it was more. But it has some pretty flashy past winners, including Federer (3x), Djokovic, Nadal, Murray. I wonder what other 250 all of the big 4 have even played. However, I would agree that it's no predictor of the AO, but it's a legit ATP tourney. Arguably the most prestigious 250 on the ATP calendar.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I wouldn't get too excited over a loss by Djokovic here. It's silly to expect Djokovic to win everything in sight. The last major was won in extremely easy fashion and that's probably what should be more relevant. At this point he is going to try to peak for majors just like the other top guys. Still the clear favorite at AO but it's fairly open. This isn't 2015.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I wouldn't get too excited over a loss by Djokovic here. It's silly to expect Djokovic to win everything in sight. The last major was won in extremely easy fashion and that's probably what should be more relevant. At this point he is going to try to peak for majors just like the other top guys. Still the clear favorite at AO but it's fairly open. This isn't 2015.

It was amazing how Nole was made the favorite last summer though outside the top 10 until the USO! After Wimbledon, it was meteoric like no other era I can think of! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The trophy is good. It's reminiscent of that horrible Madrid toilet brush, but without the disconcerting spikes, and with the benefit of an elegant raptor on top.