Qatar Exxon Mobil Open 2019 - Doha - ATP 250

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
out-Djokovicing

:) I like it.
It will sound like hyperbole, but I saw the highlights of Stan v. RBA, and he was being very Djokovic-like...taking the ball early, hitting the lines, burying the opponent. I'm interested to see the highlights of him v. the big man, but if he kept doing that, he out-Djokovic-d him. How else did he beat him? Remember that Novak gained his 2.0 by out Nadal-ing Nadal.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I hope Nole irons out what was not working this week. At least he has 2 more days to rest or prepare for the AO.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Nole irons out what was not working this week. At least he has 2 more days to rest or prepare for the AO.
Many have said that players got the bead on Rafa. Maybe they have it on Djokovic. We'll see.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Nole actually picked up 90 points! I think that's what will occur until Wimbledon! He has few points to defend early on so he will expand his lead for the time being! The real defense of points doesn't start until QUEENS! :whistle: :yesyes: :p :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just watched the highlights of Novak v. RBA. I don't know if this is good news or bad news for Djokovic fans, but I don't think Nole did anything wrong in that match. RBA was just better.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole actually picked up 90 points! I think that's what will occur until Wimbledon! He has few points to defend early on so he will expand his lead for the time being! The real defense of points doesn't start until QUEENS!
He can hose up a lot of points in the front part of this year because of how much he sucked this time last year. Put up all the emoticons you want and blow your horn, but he was pathetic this time last year #freepoints

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He can hose up a lot of points in the front part of this year because of how much he sucked this time last year. Put up all the emoticons you want and blow your horn, but he was pathetic this time last year #freepoints

...and your point is? How does it influence much of anything at this time? I guess it would be equivalent to how Nadal sucked in '15! :rolleyes:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
...and your point is? How does it influence much of anything at this time? I guess it would be equivalent to how Nadal sucked in '15! :rolleyes:
My point is that he will be in a position to hoover up points until he's really defending something. Nice place to be. The equivalent with Nadal, if you like is not '15, but '13, when he was defending almost nothing and winning everything. I guess we'll see if Djoker starts winning everything, this year.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations Agut for taking out Djokovic. :clap:

It’s going to be a great year for Spaniards! Vamos! :good:

Reactions: Moxie and herios

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations Agut for taking out Djokovic. :clap:

It’s going to be a great year for Spaniards! Vamos! :good:
Back to the topic at hand, indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if RBA hefts the trophy. He's very much on song, and Berdy isn't trending.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I just watched the highlights of Novak v. RBA. I don't know if this is good news or bad news for Djokovic fans, but I don't think Nole did anything wrong in that match. RBA was just better.

I saw long high lights from all Djokovic matches. IMO he is playing exactly as he played in the second half of 2018: extremely solid, very effective on serve, occasional very good aggression on the forehand. Although this is an extremely efficient approach, at least to my eyes is not that spectacular version of Djokovic we had a few years ago. Nowadays, a good player having the day of his life has a good shot at him. Fucsovic had glimpses of dominance, Basilashivili could have got him with just a little more belief, and RBA finally got him, even if one could say that Djokovic let the match slip from his fingers.

My point is, a few years ago a good player's playing his best match of the year was not enough to stop Djokovic -- he had just another gear and could add brilliance to his solid play at will. Now this has some kind of a ceiling and he does not have all matches in his racquet. Still the favorite coming in to most matches, but not unbeatable.

So, yes, I agree that Djokovic did nothing wrong in the match, apart from maybe one point here and there in the second set, but that's tennis.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
congrats to RBA, he was really good, Nole must work hard before AO, he needs some practice sessions

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
congrats to RBA, he was really good, Nole must work hard before AO, he needs some practice sessions

At least RBA completed "the deal" after upsetting the #1 seed! So often a player goes out in the next round after such a huge win even though it's just a glorified exhibition! Trying not to sweat this loss by Djokovic! He dropped Queens with a MP in the final against Cilic, but still took Wimbledon with Rafa in the SF his only real obstacle! :whistle::p :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Bautista Agut. His 9th title.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At least RBA completed "the deal" after upsetting the #1 seed! So often a player goes out in the next round after such a huge win even though it's just a glorified exhibition! Trying not to sweat this loss by Djokovic! He dropped Queens with a MP in the final against Cilic, but still took Wimbledon with Rafa in the SF his only real obstacle!
It's a proper tournament. Seems sour grapes to say that, just because your guy lost.