Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last time he was in Rotterdam was 2009, after winning Oz, and against all of our council, he went to Holland and screwed up his knees. I hope it's not a poor choice again, this time.
If Rafa wins the ATP Cup,AO and makes the final at Rotterdam,he'll take the No1 from Novak on March 8,also prevent Novak from breaking Roger's 310 week record...........of course it is a big task I know.

Reactions: Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Haha, then he breaks another of Roger's records so either scenario sucks for Federer fans or non Djokovic and Nadal fans :D

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If Rafa wins the ATP Cup,AO and makes the final at Rotterdam,he'll take the No1 from Novak on March 8,also prevent Novak from breaking Roger's 310 week record...........of course it is a big task I know.
Just read that Rafa is looking forward to Rotterdam because it fits in with his schedule this year.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
D3BAE7A9-165F-49F7-8D63-39265751AE55.jpeg

Reactions: Moxie and Horsa

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner was grateful to Rafa and his team for having me practice with them in Adelaide.Amazing to spend time learning from one of the greats.Learnt some cheeky football skills too!.....thanks Team Rafa!

Reactions: Moxie and Carol

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa in his interview for Europsport was asked about the speed of the courts?

"It's the fastest AO I've ever played in my career.No doubt about it.I'd never played AO in such fast conditions.But,will,I personally dont't dislike it,tough I need to be ok.If I'm able to serve well,which is a weapon that I think I've improved in the last few years and play aggressive,those are conditions that I don't dislike at all".

Reactions: tented and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa in his interview for Europsport was asked about the speed of the courts?

"It's the fastest AO I've ever played in my career.No doubt about it.I'd never played AO in such fast conditions.But,will,I personally dont't dislike it,tough I need to be ok.If I'm able to serve well,which is a weapon that I think I've improved in the last few years and play aggressive,those are conditions that I don't dislike at all".
If they're playing faster..I'm hoping he feels as comfortable as he does at the courts at Flushing Meadows

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If they're playing faster..I'm hoping he feels as comfortable as he does at the courts at Flushing Meadows
Some commentators like Annacone have argued that he plays well on fast outdoor courts. That they force him to be more aggressive. I'm going with that. Plus I agree with @MargaretMcAleer that whatever tightness he's feeling in the back, he has time to work out.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some commentators like Annacone have argued that he plays well on fast outdoor courts. That they force him to be more aggressive. I'm going with that. Plus I agree with @MargaretMcAleer that whatever tightness he's feeling in the back, he has time to work out.
His favorite surface now is the fast and high bounce court. That’s why when it is sunny in Paris it is almost impossible to beat him there. His ball is so lively when the conditions are fast and high bounce

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It looks like he is ready to go for the fortnight, Vamos!

In addition, it looks like the court is playing very fast so that might be GREAT news for Nadal as he will be forced to play aggressive, quick tennis play!

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

imjimmy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Looks like Nadal's serve is hampered because of his back. He's has had really bad luck at the AO. One win - 5 finals. At least 4 tournaments messed up because of injury:

Back injury also in 2014 Final vs Wawrinka - a title he would have almost certainly won.
Back injury in 2021
Knee injury and withdrawal in 2010 AO QF vs Murray
Losing two finals after being up a break in the the 5th set vs Djokovic and vs Federer
A couple of other AOs when he has been clearly not 100%

With 5 finals - he should have won more here. It seems like an uphill battle against the top players. I don't think he would get past Stefanos/Medvedev while surviving slower than average.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
2CBC953A-68AB-4197-A962-B54A20134434.png

Is someone becoming nervous?

How would uncle Pony describe the performance of Nadal in the F 2019, what was Nadal lacking on that day? he looks unbeatable until the final, like Daniil had this year.
To criticise Daniil is kind of naughty, when his nephew wasn't even able to break Novak.

My advise just shut up and take care of your own business , give your robot quickly a software update, nice fruity juice and fill him up with fresh fuel!

Last edited:
Reactions: atttomole

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has been nominate for Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year 2021.
Is it rude if I say no surprise that Novak wasn't? (Sorry.) With 13th win at RG, which is a record that reaches beyond tennis, he has a good shot.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it rude if I say no surprise that Novak wasn't? (Sorry.) With 13th win at RG, which is a record that reaches beyond tennis, he has a good shot.
Hopefully,though Rafa is up against some very good quality sportsmen for the award.