Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh this time Rafa is going to be coming out firing.. this is best of 3 not 5. This match depends on how Rafa serves! If he can keep the mad Russian deep in the backcourt and in uncomfortable position, Nadal will prevail. If not, this will be a battle.
I hope so,he cannot afford not to,hopefully Rafa's 1st serve is firing in the match,not like the 2nd set against Tommy Paul.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is really funny how Ben Stiller who is super fan of Nadal remember years ego that night when Rafa asked him to play doubles with him and Delpo playing with the 8 years old girl :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Ben Stiller was on Twitter just recently when Rafa was playing the final at the AO...yes he is a Big fan of Rafa...he was over the moon when Rafa won the final and his 21st GS title.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ben Stiller was on Twitter just recently when Rafa was playing the final at the AO...yes he is a Big fan of Rafa...he was over the moon when Rafa won the final and his 21st GS title.
Yep and he mentions it in the Tonight Show what Rafa did in the AO was unbelievable with that incredible come back

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep and he mentions it in the Tonight Show what Rafa did in the AO was unbelievable with that incredible come back
Ben Stiller is such a good character actor. His late father Jerry Stiller was my all-time favorite on Seinfeld and the King of Queen. His mom was a good actress comedian too.

Reactions: Moxie and Carol

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is really funny how Ben Stiller who is super fan of Nadal remember years ego that night when Rafa asked him to play doubles with him and Delpo playing with the 8 years old girl :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Bragging rights...I was at that exhibition! I was sitting at the servers end, and I got to see that thing that everyone tells you you have to see live, which is Nadal's ball looking like it's going wide, for all the world, and then, at the last second, it turns 45 degrees and drops in. It is the strangest, most physics-defying thing I've ever seen.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Final.....Saturday 26th February,2022.....Not before 9pm local time in Mexico.

Rafa continues his best start to the season defeating Medvedev in the s/final 63 63....Rafa is now 14-0

Rafa Nadal vs Cam Norrie H2H Rafa leads 3-0

Reactions: Carol

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A win tomorrow for Nadal will have him ranked #4 in the world this Monday. And if Zverev is suspended for his actions, then Nadal will be the number 2 seed for Indian Wells. Not too shabby for the 35.5 year old legend…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Final.....Saturday 26th February,2022.....Not before 9pm local time in Mexico.

Rafa continues his best start to the season defeating Medvedev in the s/final 63 63....Rafa is now 14-0

Rafa Nadal vs Cam Norrie H2H Rafa leads 3-0
I'm curious, why is the final on Saturday instead of Sunday

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

At 10:50 he's asked about his foot, The gist of it is per my rough translation is that Rafa states that while the foot situation is not going away , as there is no cure, and that he will have good days and bad, "en lo que cabe" (relatively speaking) puede "jugar sin limitaciones" he can play freely, no restrictions. The foot has not been an issue. Whereas for a year and a half the foot pain did not let him play as he wanted. So while he realizes it can change at any time, he's enjoying being able to play his tennis with this freedom.

Vamos Rafa!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa in his press press conference after he defeated Medvedev 63 63

" I have a problem which dosen't have many solutions,I have better and worse days.But I am playing freely and without limitations which is something I could not do in the last year and a half".

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw a list yesterday before the match of win streaks in men's tennis to start the year. Novak has a couple of outrageous ones, and then a retired player, like Connors, then I think I saw Roger at #4, with 17-0 in 2018. Rafa now sits at 14-0 on the year. While I wasn't going to mind so much how he did in Acapulco, obviously the win over Med was huge, and since he's in the final, we all want him to win it. That would put him at 15-0 on the year. So I THINK that, if he wins 3 rounds at IW, he passes Roger and becomes #4 on that list. Anyway, he'd pass Roger. If anyone can find that stat, I'd be grateful. One match at a time, so ¡Vamos, Rafa! a por el título en Acapulco.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Petchy says Rafa hasn't lost to a lefty since Shapo in Aug. 2017, which would have been in Canada, I think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa's handsome uncle Miguel Angel is in the house.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First set to Rafa, 6-4. If Rafa wins this tournament, it looks, on the live rankings, like he jumps over Tsitsipas into the #4 slot.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer