Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Nadal reaches the QF or SF, then it should be a good tournament for him. Obviously, I would rather have him play well (and possibly win the whole thing) at IW than in Acapulco.

Just please stay healthy, though!

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

For a 500 tournament, that is “tricky” draw. Like I said, just win one or two matches, then fly to IW to play golf.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And there are no byes in this tournament so if he plays a long physical match, oh boy! Also, it’s humid in Acapulco so…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You guys making me laugh...the draw is on paper only regardless lets see what happens in Mexico...
It is one of Rafa's favorite tournaments and he would not be playing in Mexico if he didnt feel up to it.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You guys making me laugh...the draw is on paper only regardless lets see what happens in Mexico...
It is one of Rafa's favorite tournaments and he would not be playing in Mexico if he didnt feel up to it.
In all seriousness, I don’t really mind him playing Acapulco. The only thing is that he really does have nothing to gain from this tournament. He is defending 500 points from 2020 and most of the players in the draw, he has beaten in bigger matches within the past year

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree. Look at the draw: Medvedev plays Benoit Paire first round, which has the potential to be the grumpiest match of the year...so far, and that's saying a lot after the later rounds of the AO. And tricky for Daniil, if Good Paire shows up. For Rafa, Opelka is an unfortunate place to start...big serve, no rhythm for Rafa, but it's going to make him be on his toes on his serve, and his ROS, so...OK. Dimitrov or Cressy next? Dimitrov has never done well against Rafa. And while I'm trying to get behind Cressy, he is far from there yet. Berretini? Did you see him lose to Alcaraz today? I hope Rafa has some fun, and gets in some good tennis. Maybe winning the big pear and wearing the sombrero at the end, but I'm OK if he doesn't.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Matteo has just got beat by Alcarez okay it is on clay still?
The Young Greek to me has over played and got defeated by a qualifer?
Sasha also got defeated in his last final that was a 3 set match?
Let's see how Mexico pans out

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well Matteo has just got beat by Alcarez okay it is on clay still?
The Young Greek to me has over played and got defeated by a qualifer?
Sasha also got defeated in his last final that was a 3 set match?
Let's see how Mexico pans out
I didn't even get into the bottom half of the draw, figuring it was too early. But it's not without land mines. Alcaraz is in there, and PCB. And it's not like Zed or Tsitsipas have lit up the world lately.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't even get into the bottom half of the draw, figuring it was too early. But it's not without land mines. Alcaraz is in there, and PCB. And it's not like Zed or Tsitsipas have lit up the world lately.
Alcaraz has to play The Fog in the s/finals...in a tournament that has been plagued by rain interruptions,so we will see how he goes.
Mexico tournament is full of Top players compared to the Dubai tournament which I am looking at the draw now

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz has to play The Fog in the s/finals...in a tournament that has been plagued by rain interruptions,so we will see how he goes.
Mexico tournament is full of Top players compared to the Dubai tournament which I am looking at the draw now
Rio is way backed up. The Fog hasn't been much of late. I'm betting on Carlos. Interesting match-up, though, potentially.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In his pre-tournament PC, Rafa starts talking about what he's done since he won the AO.He said that after a few days resting,he went on court and felt well.That's why they decided to go to Acapulco.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Reilly Opelka has withdrawn citing fatique
Rafa Nadal's RD 1 opponent will be LL Denis Kudla

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal 1RD match against Denis Kudla is second match up on Estadio court.
Matches start at 6pm local time on Tuesday 22nd February.
Rafa's match is not before 8pm local time

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal 1RD match against Denis Kudla is second match up on Estadio court.
Matches start at 6pm local time on Tuesday 22nd February.
Rafa's match is not before 8pm local time
Rafa's hands are at the level of the greatest of the tennis legends such as McEnroe and Federer.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal 2nd RD match against Sefan Kozlov on Wednesday 23rd February not before 8pm local time