Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Why rush to California, Tequila is a lot cheaper in Mexico
Well seeing all the 'men' uncles etc were watching him in Mexico and Rafa loves the tournament and the people etc I am guessing they will all stay in Acapulco for a 'mens weekend' before going to Larry's place to prepare for IW.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He loves the beach, fishing AND turtles! However, he hates dogs for some reason!
I've been in that sea, just south of Acapulco, and there are amazing turtles. Don't bring up the dog thing, as @britbox is always after that one. Hey, maybe he got bit by a dog. He doesn't say he doesn't like them, he says he doesn't trust them. What's weird to me is how much it comes up. If he said he didn't like cats, half of the straight men on the board, at least, would be totally cool with that. :lulz1:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well seeing all the 'men' uncles etc were watching him in Mexico and Rafa loves the tournament and the people etc I am guessing they will all stay in Acapulco for a 'mens weekend' before going to Larry's place to prepare for IW.
Rafa said something in his speech, in Spanish, about his team being there, and a certain serendipity of who ended up being there, so I wonder if Uncle Miguel Angel, for example, just coincided. So, yeah, maybe they'll hang out there for a few days.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa said something in his speech, in Spanish, about his team being there, and a certain serendipity of who ended up being there, so I wonder if Uncle Miguel Angel, for example, just coincided. So, yeah, maybe they'll hang out there for a few days.
Just no alcohol for Rafa. He said he has not sip an alcohol for years now...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rafa is also scared of the dark,he keeps a light on,in his room,bedside table,though seeing he is married that may have changed:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
To be fair, it has been almost 2.5 years since his wedding so he might be technically correct ;)
Sorry I still dont believe him...telling porky pies....I bet after the AO which he won he had a few,he deserved it btw.,as Rafa fans we also deserved to drink after that match lol!

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry I still dont believe him...telling porky pies....I bet after the AO which he won he had a few,he deserved it btw.,as Rafa fans we also deserved to drink after that match lol!
I actually do not drink alcohol that much, Margaret (I am being serious). However, if someone invites me for a couple of bottles of red wine, I am totally down!

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually do not drink alcohol that much, Margaret (I am being serious). However, if someone invites me for a couple of bottles of red wine, I am totally down!
I dont mind some white wine if I go out for dinner,I dont mind a gin and tonic in hot weather,I usually stick to water,boring I know

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Superstition fans!

I love the all black kit he used in the warm-up tournament before AO. Also, the kits he will use in IW, Clay season and RG are not good in my eyes to say the least
I liked it when he wore all black at night in the USO..his kits for the clay season are very pale in comparison to his AO kit.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope this doesn’t sound bad, but I will say I’m enjoying this rare respite where Rafa isn’t automatically sharing news with the others of the big 3. We got about another 4 to 6 weeks of Rafa playing without the ying yang of his esteemed rivals. Rafa is on a roll, and win or lose, it’s just nice as a fan it’s about him and he can enjoy being on top of the Slam mountain.

For so long Rafa and Federer seemed attached at the hip with all the talk of their vaunted rivalry since Rafa burst on the scene and figuratively chasing the Slam count and of course it’s been a battle with Novak the last 10 years. Rafa’s whole career is sandwiched between his two fellow ATG’s.

Because of Rafa’s injuries, he’s the one whose lost larger chunks of playing time and missed Majors. Every time he’s comeback they are always *there*, a credit to their health & longevity. This year’s AO was the very first Major for Rafa where one of the other 2 weren’t around in what, 18 years?

Competition of course is good, and yes, I know that Federer is attempting one last hurrah , and Novak should possibly be ready to go for the latter half of the clay season (My spec is he will get in at the FO) and Wimbledon. IMO Novak will ultimately retire last and that’s OK. But for now, I’m good with Rafa having this brief lone spotlight.

Reactions: tented and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hope this doesn’t sound bad, but I will say I’m enjoying this rare respite where Rafa isn’t automatically sharing news with the others of the big 3. We got about another 4 to 6 weeks of Rafa playing without the ying yang of his esteemed rivals. Rafa is on a roll, and win or lose, it’s just nice as a fan it’s about him and he can enjoy being on top of the Slam mountain.

For so long Rafa and Federer seemed attached at the hip with all the talk of their vaunted rivalry since Rafa burst on the scene and figuratively chasing the Slam count and of course it’s been a battle with Novak the last 10 years. Rafa’s whole career is sandwiched between his two fellow ATG’s.

Because of Rafa’s injuries, he’s the one whose lost larger chunks of playing time and missed Majors. Every time he’s comeback they are always *there*, a credit to their health & longevity. This year’s AO was the very first Major for Rafa where one of the other 2 weren’t around in what, 18 years?

Competition of course is good, and yes, I know that Federer is attempting one last hurrah , and Novak should possibly be ready to go for the latter half of the clay season (My spec is he will get in at the FO) and Wimbledon. IMO Novak will ultimately retire last and that’s OK. But for now, I’m good with Rafa having this brief lone spotlight.
Don't be so quick to write off Rafa playing more than a few more years. Paul Annacone mentioned that Rafa has been sort of reborn and his confidence will keep him competitive vs the entire ATP.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa:
" I'm enjoying at max each opportunity I have to compete.Don't know what will happen this year.Coming from incredible start of season allows me to take right decisions to plan schedule so that my body's ready when I need it.I'll play Indian Wells and then we''ll see".

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I said before, I am will not be stressed or worried about Rafael until Roland Garros. That's the only title I "want" him to win for the rest of the year. Now, of course, it will be nice if he can somehow win either Wimbledon or US Open PLUS RG, but just winning Roland Garros is the ultimate icing of the cake at least this year.

I gotta admit, this is the first time in a while that he truly enjoys playing out there. I think breaking the AO 'curse' and winning the title will give him the confidence he needs to win A LOT of titles throughout the 2022 season.