Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a feeling the "big guys" know more about his current conditioning than the general public
I don’t even know what that means, brother. Who are these “big guys?” Bookies? Rafa hasn’t played a match where he was fit in over 12 months. He’s played 13 matches since he’s withdrew from Wimbledon last year, and lost 8 of them, all against players we’d usually describe as a six inch putt.

Even the matches he won, he struggled.

And yet they’re giving odds the same as last year when he’d won Australia and played on clay?

And was ‘only’ 36, compared to 38 next year? I mean, bookies want to entice people to bet, but for any of us making predictions we need some proper indicators to go by..

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t even know what that means, brother. Who are these “big guys?” Bookies? Rafa hasn’t played a match where he was fit in over 12 months. He’s played 13 matches since he’s withdrew from Wimbledon last year, and lost 8 of them, all against players we’d usually describe as a six inch putt.

And yet they’re giving odds the same as last year when he’d won Australia and played on clay?

And was ‘only’ 36, compared to 38 next year? I mean, bookies want to entice people to bet, but for any of us making predictions we need some proper indicators to go by..
I never mind an opportunity to say that odds makers don't seem to know anything about tennis. However, more than a few commentators had said that Rafa will be the favorite to win RG even AFTER he retires. :)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I never mind an opportunity to say that odds makers don't seem to know anything about tennis. However, more than a few commentators had said that Rafa will be the favorite to win RG even AFTER he retires. :)
Why stop there? I'd say that if they play the FO within 24 minutes of him dying, while his 95 year old corpse is still lukewarm, nobody would take a set off him... :popcorn

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

For goodness sake, Kieran, do we have to bitchslap you?

For all we know Rafa is already racing around the court like the wind at 6 AM refusing to concede a point to his practice partners, he’s pronouncing to his team & insiders his body feels like he’s 28 or 30 again!

Telling the missus:
” nooo more ninos until i snag trophies # 23,24 & 25”.

Maybe some are privvy to all this juicy insider scoop stuff.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For goodness sake, Kieran, do we have to bitchslap you?

For all we know Rafa is already racing around the court like the wind at 6 AM refusing to concede a point to his practice partners, he’s pronouncing to his team & insiders his body feels like he’s 28 or 30 again!

Telling the missus:
” nooo more ninos until i snag trophies # 23,24 & 25”.

Maybe some are privvy to all this juicy insider scoop stuff.
Exactly! Kieran is trying to be practical and sanguine, while the rest of us are trying to hold out hope. Exhibit A: 2020 RG. Played in autumn, rainy and cool; heavier balls introduced; Novak in the final and the roof closed. 6-0, 6-2, 7-5. Exhibit B: 2022 AO. Medvedev up two sets to love. (And you know the rest of that story.) Exhibit C: RAFA!!

Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let me guess: McEnroe? He’s never one to shy away from exaggerating.
I think it was Paul Annacone, who has reason to respect Rafa, and does have a pain tattoo based on coaching against him. But he's not the only person who's said some version of it. I don't think AP will believe this, but I think Courier said it, too.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is in Greece presently on holiday on his boat, Roger and his family have arrived in Mallorca for a week's holiday, people on social media are asking will Rafa rush back to Mallorca to meet up with Roger and his family :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Guess who has arrived at Rafa's academy in Spain.
Lleyton Hewitt's son , Cruz Hewitt!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I posted before it looks like Rafa will miss Federer and his family in Mallorca as Rafa was seen still in Greece the other day,, hopefully he is staying away from the bush fires that have been out of control, er Rhodes.in Greece.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
  • Haha
Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I so agree, where is his Oscar?? At least a SAG award or a Golden Globe…. ; )
We all know what a great actor Rafa is...who can forget that Shakira video? I think the chainlink fence had more range. :lulz1:

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions