Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Basically he’s victim shaming Rafa, which is nonsense because Rafa’s a 22 time slam champ who was top 2 of 3 for literally decades. He’s got the longest competitive span of the Big 3, in terms of significant achievement.

Novak isn’t like that, he says. This is the guy who played Novak in the Australian open final and didn’t figure out that even a bendy-stretchy figure like Novak can’t play with a hamstring injury. We all know the injury was another dishonest moment, but does Tsitsipas ever think of his own inadequacies when it comes to facing the Big 3?

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just listening to Feli Lopez who is in commentary on the Ruud match, a very close friend of Rafa, he was asked when does he think Rafa will play next?
Feli said he thinks Roland Garros next and the Olympics are being played at Roland Garros next year as well, though he said knowing Rafa he could play more tournaments, he also said Rafa will play next year, dont count him out, he has come back,from many injuries through his career.

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
At a minimum, barring further injury, I think Rafa will play the Australian Open, the clay season (Barcelona, Madrid, Rome), the French Open, and the Olympics in 2024. I can also see Rafa playing either Mexico or IW in between the AO and Barcelona.

• Wow
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At a minimum, barring further injury, I think Rafa will play the Australian Open, the clay season (Barcelona, Madrid, Rome), the French Open, and the Olympics in 2024. I can also see Rafa playing either Mexico or IW in between the AO and Barcelona.
Lets wait and see okay, I dont think Rafa will play a full schedule next year, Feli said he is going well at present, he didnt indicate he would play a full schedule, Feli and Rafa are very close, Feli was one of the few players Rafa invited to his wedding

Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Lets wait and see okay, I dont think Rafa will play a full schedule next year, Feli said he is going well at present, he didnt indicate he would play a full schedule, Feli and Rafa are very close, Feli was one of the few players Rafa invited to his wedding
I never said he'd play a full schedule. I think Steffi's final season in 1999 is a good template, but instead of playing Wimbledon, Rafa will instead play the Olympics as his final event.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I never said he'd play a full schedule. I think Steffi's final season in 1999 is a good template, but instead of playing Wimbledon, Rafa will instead play the Olympics as his final event.
I said I dont think he will play a full schedule okay

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I think, if possible, he’ll play IW (he loves it there, and has won it several times), definitely Barcelona (the stadium is named after him!), RG and the Olympics. Maybe MC, which is also an important tournament to him. Not sure about the AO. Maybe.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wouldn’t rule Wimbledon out , Rafa loves the place & having to withdraw from the SF’s last year was bittersweet.

Suspect he wants to play at least one last Centre Court match and go out on his own terms.

• Haha
Reactions: tented and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At present this is highly hypothetical, where and when Rafa will play in 2024.I have not even seen Rafa practicing yet, the only picture of Rafa I have seen presently he was in attendance at the Le Mans race.Out of all the Grand Slams, I would think ,Rafa will play Roland Garros next year his backyard, and of course the Olympics which are held at Roland Garros next year as well, Rafa has always loved playing for his country. ( which Feli said in his conversation to Andrew Castle, when he was in commentary, when he was asked which tournaments Rafa would likely play in 2024)

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Wouldn’t rule Wimbledon out , Rafa loves the place & having to withdraw from the SF’s last year was bittersweet.

Suspect he wants to play at least one last Centre Court match and go out on his own terms.
Yes, that’s true. I bet you’re right.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
The problem with Wimbledon is that it is in between the French Open and the Olympics. Maybe a 33 or 34-year-old Nadal could go from clay to grass then back to clay in a matter of weeks, but I can't see him pulling that at 38. That's just asking for an injury, which would end his career. I think he'll play Hamburg, instead of Wimbledon, as a tune-up for the Olympics.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting take on Rafa’s “tics”:

Refreshingly, the writer, a long time Federer fan concludes it’s irrelevant the “why” of it, the speculation if its OCD, etc :
…Nadal has taught me to embrace these elements of my mind, and to not let them affect what I can control: my effort, my focus. There’s plenty of cause for self-loathing on the tennis court already; my rules, however logical or illogical, don’t have to add another reason..

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Of course it’s all hypothetical. That’s the very nature of the entire discussion, but it’s fun for fans to discuss the hypotheticals.
I dont deal in hypothetical's, I will prefer to wait till I hear confirmation from Rafa/ or his team, or if I see a practice video, then I will post information, that is my opinion.I only posted the conversation here, after I heard what Feli was saying about Rafa to Andrew Castle, when he was on a game at Wimbledon,again that was only Feli's thoughts.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The problem with Wimbledon is that it is in between the French Open and the Olympics. Maybe a 33 or 34-year-old Nadal could go from clay to grass then back to clay in a matter of weeks, but I can't see him pulling that at 38. That's just asking for an injury, which would end his career. I think he'll play Hamburg, instead of Wimbledon, as a tune-up for the Olympics.
Exactly, that was my main concern,with Wimbledon next year and RG and the Olympics,, age is a prime factor, also asking for a injury which he cannot afford.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think, if possible, he’ll play IW (he loves it there, and has won it several times), definitely Barcelona (the stadium is named after him!), RG and the Olympics. Maybe MC, which is also an important tournament to him. Not sure about the AO. Maybe.
He got to play MC

Reactions: tented