Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
After his win today against Richard Gasquet Rafa ties ( with Novak Djokovic) 18 -0 for the best unbeaten tour level head to head record for a man in the Open Era.
18-0 that is a pretty good record against an opponent. I bet ya Richard when he sees that he is playing Rafa in the draw he says, "OH NO, NOT AGAIN!!!"

tented

Administrator
Reactions
18-0 that is a pretty good record against an opponent. I bet ya Richard when he sees that he is playing Rafa in the draw he says, "OH NO, NOT AGAIN!!!"
It’s definitely more than a pretty good record: it’s tied with Djokovic/Monfils at 18-0 as the most total wins/zero loses between two players.

Reactions: Hailz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has a day match on Ashe Stadium on Monday in his 4th round match against Tiafoe, it will be the 2nd day match

Last edited:

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Rafa has a day match on Ashe Stadium on Monday in his 4th round match against Tiafoe.
I am really shocked about that. Not only that it is a Rafa match, but also Foe is the only remaining American male player left in the draw. I thought for sure that match would have been the last match of the day.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am really shocked about that. Not only that it is a Rafa match, but also Foe is the only remaining American male player left in the draw. I thought for sure that match would have been the last match of the day.
Rafa usually gets a day match, so I am not shocked it happened, usually the top seeds in a GS have day matches

Last edited:

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Rafa usually gets a day match, so I am not shocked it happened, usually the top seeds in a GS have day matches
I think I am more surprised because Foe is the last American Male left in the draw. Carlitos deserves a night match though.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Alcaraz gets the night match also Collins v Saba
I probably won't be able to see the whole Carlitos match with school starting the next day. I am hoping that the Collins & Saba match starts on time and I can see all of that one.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I probably won't be able to see the whole Carlitos match with school starting the next day. I am hoping that the Collins & Saba match starts on time and I can see all of that one.
Oh I forgot you are going back to school, Collins v Saba match will be an interesting one for sure lol!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
OK, Rafa fans @rafanoy1992 @Moxie @the AntiPusher @MargaretMcAleer @Kieran @Jelenafan and everyone else who’s interested:

How do you think Rafa will do against Tiafoe? Is he a danger?

Then, looming on the horizon, is Alcaraz. Can Rafa beat him?

Medvedev is out, but a hyped up Nick is still around. We know he loves the big stage and playing the spoiler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
OK, Rafa fans @rafanoy1992 @Moxie @the AntiPusher @MargaretMcAleer @Kieran @Jelenafan and everyone else who’s interested:
How do you think Rafa will do against Tiafoe? Is he a danger?

Then, looming on the horizon, is Alcaraz. Can Rafa beat him?

Medvedev is out, but a hyped up Nick is still around. We know he loves the big stage and playing the spoiler.
I know you didn't ask me and I wish this match would have been the night match for Tiafoe's sake. I still think we are in for an upset tomorrow and Foe is going to rise to the occasion and the fans are really going to be pulling for him and he is going to get it done in 5 sets.

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I know you didn't ask me and I wish this match would have been the night match for Tiafoe's sake. I still think we are in for an upset tomorrow and Foe is going to rise to the occasion and the fans are really going to be pulling for him and he is going to get it done in 5 sets.
I did add “and everyone else who’s interested”, so I’m glad you are. :)

Bold prediction! Of course, we never know with Rafa, either, particularly because of his age/body. If he’s healthy, he’ll beat Tiafoe in 3 or 4 sets.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I did add “and everyone else who’s interested”, so I’m glad you are. :)

Bold prediction! Of course, we never know with Rafa, either, particularly because of his age/body. If he’s healthy, he’ll beat Tiafoe in 3 or 4 sets.
But I still don't think he is completely healthy although he doesn't show it very much.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
But I still don't think he is completely healthy although he doesn't show it very much.
Yeah, the main concern is his abs, and whether or not the tear is still an issue. If it is, Rafa‘s days could be numbered. If it’s not, he’ll get through.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Yeah, the main concern is his abs, and whether or not the tear is still an issue. If it is, Rafa‘s days could be numbered. If it’s not, he’ll get through.
I really like Rafa and I think he is the ultimate competitor and champion. I also really like Foe and he is from the same State I live in. He is also the last remaining American Male left in the draw. I got to cheer for the upset.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really like Rafa and I think he is the ultimate competitor and champion. I also really like Foe and he is from the same State I live in. He is also the last remaining American Male left in the draw. I got to cheer for the upset.
Being also a Marylander, originally, I have been cheerleading for Frances since he was a teenager. I think he has made some strides of late, in terms of belief, confidence and court IQ, but I honestly don't see him beating Rafa. Frances has hit his high-water mark in this tournament.

I do think Alcaraz is still a danger, to @tented's question. He's playing very well. TBH, he's my biggest concern left in the draw for Rafa. And yes Kyrgios looks dangerous, because he says he'd win and quit. That's as "nothing to lose" as anything I've ever heard.