Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_2606.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm pretty sure there are rules. Alcaraz passed Novak 2 weeks ago. Just wait until the draw favors #2 and you rake all of this back. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
If my calculations are correct, if Medvedev wins Rome, he will go to the No 2 ranking

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
We can only hope Novak will remain the #2 seed! I promise you Med won't be able to hold his ranking on this surface w/ the added pressure! :thinking-face:
Who is we? You mean you can only hope? I can tell you that Djoke will not be seeded #1 for RG. He did not earn enough points from his 3 leadup tournaments this year (MC, Serbia, Madrid). And because he was the champion of Rome last year, his #2 seed at RG is in jeopardy if Meddy wins in Rome.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a pair of frosty matches today.

Rune vs Ruud , the Scandinavian warriors who have no love lost, as the Norweigan accuses the sweet innocent Danish Angel of fabricating stories after last year’s French Open

Medvedev vs Tsitsipas, they just dont like each other, LOL Poor Daniil now faces a Greek who legally can get coaching from the stands. Medvedev famously called Stefano a cheater after last year’s AO sf.

Let the fur fly and I predict no campside smores after each battle

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ruud was a better player this set and deserved it. 7 aces and 11 forehand winner.

His dropshot is weird, it's more like a short ball than the dropper close to the net, so Rune sometimes has to think what to do with that ball and at times he doesn't find a best solution and ends up losing the point.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the good news for the Dane is the ghost can't play any better. So he'll need to make some suttle adjustments here to level this match.

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A pure example why Ruud will never be an elite player, at a first sign of trouble he is not able to handle it.
Well Holger broke him again to take the 2nd set 6-4.

ETA: As kskate2 noted, Casper’s form couldnt sustain the crazy high level of the 1sr set (22 winners)

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi long time no see, well I will be cheering on Ruud to win his match against Rune, there is not much love between these 2 players for starters lol! I wonder if Mo will be the umpire on this SF Rune had a go at him during the match also Novak wasnt too pleased with him either in their QF match today

Holger to Lahyani
Youre an absolute joke, man, Rune said to Mo
Rune Its always the umpire who makes me look like the bad guy?
Even Patrick M told him to calm down lol!
Not so fast Holger has TRUE GRIT..this ain't OVER yet .

Reactions: Jelenafan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well Holger broke him again to take the 2nd set 6-4.
Only way for Rune to lose this now is if he beats himself. He is simply better and Ruud is limited.

Ruud allowed Rune in his head, complained about that MTO, so he took toilet break now. Rune doesn't give a shit, he is having a great time resting in his white hoodie :)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sis Moxie @Moxie Are you beginning to see some of the little things in Rune that we all saw over 20 years ago in Rafa?
I've never said I don't think he's a really talented and potentially great player. I wouldn't say he reminds me of Rafa, except that he's come up pretty young.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I've never said I don't think he's a really talented and potentially great player. I wouldn't say he reminds me of Rafa, except that he's come up pretty young.
I never said you Didn't say he Rune wasn't talented. I guess you don't see what I see maybe @tented Tented does!