Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think he compalined about the mto. He complained that Rune was being coached during the time of the mto but Ruud wasn't allowed coaching at the break after the 2nd set. So he went to the bathroom...
Jim Courier said he was complaining about both, at the same time, at the end of that set.

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not so fast Holger has TRUE GRIT..this ain't OVER yet .
Yes he is talented, though I am not a fan of the way he carries on okay, I am entittled to my opinion like you are. When he grows up in certain area's I might take notice of him more, I am more a fan of Alcaraz, he is True Grit overall in my opinion. One of the main reasons I didnt watch his match live against Ruud, I am over the way he carries on in matches, though I am now watching highlights, taking another MTO? gee how unusual? he is a little Fox, pity you cannot see that, or you turn a blind eye, I do not..
BTW this was his first win against Casper in 5 attempts.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apart from the weather which we cant control, the scheduling of this tournament has left a lot to be desired, players had to wait 3 days to play their SF Madness. I am not a fan of these longer ATP/WTA1000 tournaments at all.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yap, I edit my post, just as I was typing they showed rain again and Layani came to the greek with the news. This is just awful. I feel sorry for the crowd too who payed the tickets.
I just saw that Don, this is a Nightmare, for all concerned.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Covers on the court again!
The womens final would have been started if the weather held up lol!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching highlights of Ruud v Rune, this was Rune's 1st win over Ruud in 5 attempts
I have to query in matches of late Rune takes a MTO? this was his response to the media why he takes MTO
"I ask for a MTO when I'm in pain. Thats all. I think it is allowed. if you feel pain why not?. There are times in matches, when you shouldnt take MTO. I take it when its early in the set, when I have a problem".

All I can say to that is, he is having a habit of taking MTO in matches, maybe he needs to hire a different fitness trainer? or have a different fitness and strength program in the gym. He sure feels pain a lot in matches.

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Just watching highlights of Ruud v Rune, this was Rune's 1st win over Ruud in 5 attempts
I have to query in matches of late Rune takes a MTO? this was his response to the media why he takes MTO
"I ask for a MTO when I'm in pain. Thats all. I think it is allowed. if you feel pain why not?. There are times in matches, when you shouldnt take MTO. I take it when its early in the set, when I have a problem".

All I can say to that is, he is having a habit of taking MTO in matches, maybe he needs to hire a different fitness trainer? or have a different fitness and strength program in the gym. He sure feels pain a lot in matches.
He has played a lot of matches the last month. If I was him I would be sore all ower the place...

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He has played a lot of matches the last month. If I was him I would be sore all ower the place...
Well so have a lot of other players on the tour and they dont seem to take as many MTO as Rune does? as I said in my post maybe he needs to hire another trainer or getting another fitness and strength program

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It all seems strategic to me. "I take it when it's early in the set." So that's when he feels the pain and later not? C'mon. He takes it when he is losing, that's how I see it. Did similar thing against Novak in QF and we will see more of it.

He is a fantastic player already no doubt and how he plays it's exciting to watch him, but he is also still a little prick. I feel like punching him in the face, he gives me that sort of a vibe. :D