Internazionali BNL d'Italia Rome ATP Master

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
When Novak dismisses Murray like swatting a fly tomorrow, people will begin to appreciate the level of fight that folks like Thiem, Rafa and Kei have given to Novak this year.
Lol, I would say the level of GIFTS that Rafa, Kei and Muzz have given Novak this year :laydownlaughingq

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Sundaymorningguy said:
I fail to really see what Djokovic did in those highlights to earn ire. Even he seemed impressed by Kei and applauded one of his points. Me thinks, someone was just pissed he didn't go down after taking out a certain Spaniard.

Nole's re-writing the record-book and will overtake most if not all the meaningful entries if he keeps this up for another year or 3! His results against the top 10 is now the best IIRC and he's surpassed Borg! He has 3 or 4 times the number of matches since the elite seem to always make it to the semi's and finals so it's more impressive! He's already killing it on the Masters' tour and just needs to have a couple more "2 or 3 win major" seasons to overtake you know who! I'm very excited for him; not because he's a fave, but I've been nauseated by the Fedal love-fest for years now! What will the fans do when both start eating Djokovic's dust? :rolleyes: :clap :snicker :laydownlaughing

STOP..Djokovic is a great player but let's stop this foolishness about rewriting all the record books , he Aint . Federer rewrote the Grand Slams and Rafa rewrote the French and came close to catching Federer's title. He may catch both of them but he ain't there Yet, damn.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:
Sundaymorningguy said:
I fail to really see what Djokovic did in those highlights to earn ire. Even he seemed impressed by Kei and applauded one of his points. Me thinks, someone was just pissed he didn't go down after taking out a certain Spaniard.

Nole's re-writing the record-book and will overtake most if not all the meaningful entries if he keeps this up for another year or 3! His results against the top 10 is now the best IIRC and he's surpassed Borg! He has 3 or 4 times the number of matches since the elite seem to always make it to the semi's and finals so it's more impressive! He's already killing it on the Masters' tour and just needs to have a couple more "2 or 3 win major" seasons to overtake you know who! I'm very excited for him; not because he's a fave, but I've been nauseated by the Fedal love-fest for years now! What will the fans do when both start eating Djokovic's dust? :rolleyes: :clap :snicker :laydownlaughing

STOP..Djokovic is a great player but let's stop this foolishness about rewriting all the record books , he Aint . Federer rewrote the Grand Slams and Rafa rewrote the French and came close to catching Federer's title. He may catch both of them but he ain't there Yet, damn.

You're obviously not checking the record book because Nole's moving up fast if not surpassing Fedal; sorry if that bothers you! It's just the facts! :p :clap :angel:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
When Novak dismisses Murray like swatting a fly tomorrow, people will begin to appreciate the level of fight that folks like Thiem, Rafa and Kei have given to Novak this year.

We can only hope you're right! Murray just hasn't learned to be a little different and push himself to stay close to the baseline and cut off floaters at the net! It's so ridiculous for him to hang back hoping he'll win thru attrition! By the end of his matches of late against Nole, he's sucking wind and totally defeated! Hard to call him part of the elite when he still allows himself to be taken by old man Fed! :cover :nono :puzzled :rolleyes:

Old man Fed along has proven he can still beat Djokovic also. Seems you've forgotten :popcorn

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennisbase.com has a complex system for ranking players and they have Novak higher than Rafa. But their system doesn't weigh Slam titles as highly as most, so Lendl is ahead of both. Federer is third behind Laver and Rosewall. Here are the top rankings, so you get a sense of where they are points-wise:

1. Laver 2837
2. Rosewall 2608
3. Federer 2603
4. Tilden 2361
5. Lendl 2159
6. Djokovic 2078
7. Nadal 1987
8. Gonzales 1985
9. Connors 1850
10. Sampras 1807

Based on those numbers, Roger will pass Rosewall shortly but probably won't catch Laver. Novak will pass Lendl and probably Tilden and has a chance of making the "Big Three" a "Big Four."

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
Puppet Master said:
How can anyone have this man as his favourite player, is beyond me.
HOW? His shots are ugly most of the time, but it's not what provoked me this time.
He blatantly faked an injury in front of everyone, he was holding his lower back in pain during the first set and suddenly started playing his heart out and barely won the match. Kei even returned better than him in this match but it's all in the head. Oh how I would like to see Stan or Rafa make him cry in an RG final again, boy oh boy. You can fake an injury all day long, a superior player won't fall for it.

I know when you dislike someone, you will find a negative connotation to everything he does. Not difficult at all. ;)

Pretty much describes how Rafa is perceived from the nonNadal fans

Yep, but the huge difference is that Rafa has been truly injured

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Puppet Master said:
HOW? His shots are ugly most of the time, but it's not what provoked me this time.
He blatantly faked an injury in front of everyone, he was holding his lower back in pain during the first set and suddenly started playing his heart out and barely won the match. Kei even returned better than him in this match but it's all in the head. Oh how I would like to see Stan or Rafa make him cry in an RG final again, boy oh boy. You can fake an injury all day long, a superior player won't fall for it.

Wimbledon 2010 ring any bells? Matches against Haase and Petzschner when Nadal was losing he used dirty, scheming MTOs to break his opponents' rhythm in each match and, guess what, it worked. He went on to win the title. Horribly bad injury no doubt. Pretty hilarious reading a Nadal fan complain about players faking injuries lol. :cover

Hey, you who supposedly 'knows' everyone, when they are or not injured etc etc....can you tell me why your dearest Roger since his surgery is changing his mind so many times? 'I play now, I don't, now yes. now don't '. I've never seen something so absurd like that, he should pick up better his mind :rolleyes:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Puppet Master said:

Wimbledon 2010 ring any bells? Matches against Haase and Petzschner when Nadal was losing he used dirty, scheming MTOs to break his opponents' rhythm in each match and, guess what, it worked. He went on to win the title. Horribly bad injury no doubt. Pretty hilarious reading a Nadal fan complain about players faking injuries lol. :cover

What about this 'show' and two days later he was playing soccer like everything is ok? come on!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuBP2j55oHo[/video]

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Is this the new narrative? Novak loses first set, then comes back and wins.

Maybe he's tanking the first set just to make things interesting.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
will never warm up to Joko...something is off with this Russian.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy up a set and break. How will he manage to blow this one?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I find sportstream.tv to be OK. Here's a direct link to the match:

http://live.shwidget.com/static/freemovie/3771131271401430.html

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow, Andy is playing great. Strong second serve, holding himself together. This is the guy that, for a couple years there, was a legit member of the Big Four (2012-13), not just Best of the Rest.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray is up 5-3 with Nole to serve.

Murray one game away from the title.

It is raining lightly. Novak is vociferously complaining to the umpire to stop the match.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Murray is up 5-3 with Nole to serve.

Murray one game away from the title.

It is raining lightly. Novak is vociferously complaining to the umpire to stop the match.

Nole's missing by a mile! This has not been a good week for him! Just double faulted to give Murray MP! :cover :nono :cry

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
WOW! Incredible point from Andy to win it. Congrats to Andy, and his one or two fans.