Internazionali BNL d'Italia Rome ATP Master

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats ANdy on his birthday winning Rome by breaking Novak in the last game.

In the last point, Andy hit a winner from way outside the court.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
thank goodness Andy took out the trash...yay

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
thank goodness Andy took out the trash...yay

Go back and troll the women's forum. :snicker

Congrats to Andy. Novak can put this week behind him and relax before the big push.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
yes russian cousin...his people were kicked out of russia because they were mixed with roma..but they are from russia.:popcorn..serbians are cousins with russians.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yes Andy, well played! you are my hero after Nadal!:clap

BIG3

Futures Player
Reactions
Congratulation to Murray and his fans. What a terrific match. Nole was completed outplayed. Andy
is much bigger and stronger Kei. Nole won semi by mere ONE point. Andy kept intensity very well the whole match and Nole didn't lift his gear from prior matches. Not surprised with the lopsided score.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Yes Andy, well played! you are my hero after Nadal!:clap
me too..he doesnt mince his words and very very direct..dopers are not safe with Andy..:nono:snicker

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
what a good day in tennisland today!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Playing tough matches against both Rafa and Kei, seem to have softened up Novak for Murray to conquer.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Nole did not break Andy for the whole match and Andy did three times. :puzzled.

I only watched the last three games. So, don't know what the heck was going on.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Bryan Brother righted the ship and won a tourney after what seems like 100 years.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Nole did not break Andy for the whole match and Andy did three times. :puzzled.

I only watched the last three games. So, don't know what the heck was going on.

It seems like no one cares; we're talking to ourselves about this tourney! It's a Masters and ... :nono :cover :cry

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Andy Murray for winning his 12th Masters 1000 title and 2nd title on Clay! Who would've thought he would have two Masters 1000 title on Clay a few years ago? Also, he won this tournament without losing a single set. Pretty remarkable feat from him.

Now, it just comes down to on where Nadal will land on the draw.

If Murray has birthday wish right now, he would wish Nadal will be on Djokovic's draw so he could possibly reach his 1st French Open final.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
was just tired of Joko s ass winning everything..

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
tossip said:

Blame the other players on the tour! I don't think Nole's played particularly well; just eeeking out a lot of matches! Kei had him yesterday and took it to a TB in the 3rd! He like others have had all kinds of chances, but they've choked again and again! Personally, I don't think Nole's played lights out since he destroyed Rafa in Qatar months ago! He's just hung in there and barely survived; losing sets to "nobodies" and actually lost to Vesely, though many thought he didn't really try wanting the rest after start of MC! :p

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
tossip said:

Blame the other players on the tour! I don't think Nole's played particularly well; just eeeking out a lot of matches! Kei had him yesterday and took it to a TB in the 3rd! He like others have had all kinds of chances, but they've choked again and again! Personally, I don't think Nole's played lights out since he destroyed Rafa in Qatar months ago! He's just hung in there and barely survived; losing sets to "nobodies" and actually lost to Vesely, though many thought he didn't really try wanting the rest after start of MC! :p

For the FIRST time I agree with your comment. Novak is not playing particularly great and that bothers me even more looking how the others are losing stupidly against him starting with Nadal. Murray is playing very good but far to be the "greatest" on clay and Rafa also has lost to him, come on! hope I big change soon! :speechless:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Today's loss by Novak has at least three asterisks.

* Nole was softened by Rafa and Kei with two tough back to back matches.

** Nole injured his ankle yesterday trying to get dirt off of it.

*** It was raining and so Novak did not give his all to make sure that he does not get injured trying to win this Rome trophy. After all RG is more important.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
murray hammered the whining and out of focus and tired Djokovic easily. nice.

Backhand_DTL

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I think Novak didn't have much left today after basically having only rather tough matches since the semi finals in Madrid and especially playing 3 hours yesterday evening. Additionally his game seemed slightly off and his mood not particularly good all week, so he probably needed to invest a lot of energy to win his matches against Nadal and Nishikori which might have made it tough for him to reach the intensity he showed especially in the quarter finals and make today's match competitive.

But if Murray can keep up the level of serving he showed in Madrid and Rome he is definitely a contender for the French Open and Wimbledon. With only Djokovic, Murray and Nadal looking like possible winners for RG and only Nishikori and maybe Wawrinka if he gets far enough seeming capable of an upset, the draw will be very important and might end up quite lopsided again if Nadal and Nishikori land in the same half.