Internazionali BNL d'Italia Rome ATP Master

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
How can anyone have this man as his favourite player, is beyond me.
HOW? His shots are ugly most of the time, but it's not what provoked me this time.
He blatantly faked an injury in front of everyone, he was holding his lower back in pain during the first set and suddenly started playing his heart out and barely won the match. Kei even returned better than him in this match but it's all in the head. Oh how I would like to see Stan or Rafa make him cry in an RG final again, boy oh boy. You can fake an injury all day long, a superior player won't fall for it.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
His shots are ugly? Really, I find him to be one of the cleaner ball strikers. Now whatever the issue was with injury or no whatever, Kei is at a level where he should be able to close out Djokovic. He had the opportunities.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
HOW? His shots are ugly most of the time, but it's not what provoked me this time.
He blatantly faked an injury in front of everyone, he was holding his lower back in pain during the first set and suddenly started playing his heart out and barely won the match. Kei even returned better than him in this match but it's all in the head. Oh how I would like to see Stan or Rafa make him cry in an RG final again, boy oh boy. You can fake an injury all day long, a superior player won't fall for it.

:laydownlaughing and this from a Rafa fan. Have you seen that man's game?

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
His shots are ugly? Really, I find him to be one of the cleaner ball strikers. Now whatever the issue was with injury or no whatever, Kei is at a level where he should be able to close out Djokovic. He had the opportunities.

Imho, he doesn't possess the fluidity, dare I say talent, that the real clean ball strikers possess. It's there to see. But he is such a bad person, and how could Kei close him out when he played better today than against Rafa. This implies that he is basically playing his absolute best tennis right now. While Kei is a very gifted player, he can't box with someone like Novak for too long. If you want to look at it that way, there is a reason why Kei is 6 and not number 1, and it's surprising that he even got that close.

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
So, "boring GOAT" played 3 consecutive "interesting" matches ;) tomorrow will be different!? :)

@edit

Pavlik my man where are you??? I didn't watch the game, f**king working Saturday ;(

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Puppet Master said:

:laydownlaughing and this from a Rafa fan. Have you seen that man's game?

Nadal's technique is everything but ugly. Its uniqueness makes the shot even more watchable. But this is not the subject right now.
Yeah, back on track, King Andy Bendoverray is waiting in the final tomorrow. Fu£k this sport, honestly. Fiero, let's go cry together.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Puppet Master said:

I know when you dislike someone, you will find a negative connotation to everything he does. Not difficult at all. ;)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Puppet Master said:

I know when you dislike someone, you will find a negative connotation to everything he does. Not difficult at all. ;)

Pretty much describes how Rafa is perceived from the nonNadal fans

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD1wtSyhlpM[/video]

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Amazed it came down to just 2 points in the 3rd set TB in the end. Kei must be kicking himself. Was subjected to watching Eurovision 2016. Winning song was a pile of crap :gross:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Puppet Master said:

Wimbledon 2010 ring any bells? Matches against Haase and Petzschner when Nadal was losing he used dirty, scheming MTOs to break his opponents' rhythm in each match and, guess what, it worked. He went on to win the title. Horribly bad injury no doubt. Pretty hilarious reading a Nadal fan complain about players faking injuries lol. :cover

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I fail to really see what Djokovic did in those highlights to earn ire. Even he seemed impressed by Kei and applauded one of his points. Me thinks, someone was just pissed he didn't go down after taking out a certain Spaniard.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I fail to really see what Djokovic did in those highlights to earn ire. Even he seemed impressed by Kei and applauded one of his points. Me thinks, someone was just pissed he didn't go down after taking out a certain Spaniard.

Both Djokovic and Nishikori are sporting that way and applaud their opponents' shots. Nice to see. Murray just tells everyone in his camp and on tv to go f**k themselves :lolz:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Amazed it came down to just 2 points in the 3rd set TB in the end. Kei must be kicking himself. Was

It was only one point. Kei DF at 3-3 in the TB. Then Nole served it out at 6-5.
Could have not been tighter.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Front242 said:
Amazed it came down to just 2 points in the 3rd set TB in the end. Kei must be kicking himself. Was

It was only one point. Kei DF at 3-3 in the TB. Then Nole served it out at 6-5.
Could have not been tighter.

Well I meant 2 points 'cos when it gets to 5-5 the winner has to win by 2 points ;) Close match though alright.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sundaymorningguy said:

Nole's re-writing the record-book and will overtake most if not all the meaningful entries if he keeps this up for another year or 3! His results against the top 10 is now the best IIRC and he's surpassed Borg! He has 3 or 4 times the number of matches since the elite seem to always make it to the semi's and finals so it's more impressive! He's already killing it on the Masters' tour and just needs to have a couple more "2 or 3 win major" seasons to overtake you know who! I'm very excited for him; not because he's a fave, but I've been nauseated by the Fedal love-fest for years now! What will the fans do when both start eating Djokovic's dust? :rolleyes: :clap :snicker :laydownlaughing

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gooooooo Muzz, make my day, just be focus and confidence, that's all !!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
When Novak dismisses Murray like swatting a fly tomorrow, people will begin to appreciate the level of fight that folks like Thiem, Rafa and Kei have given to Novak this year.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
When Novak dismisses Murray like swatting a fly tomorrow, people will begin to appreciate the level of fight that folks like Thiem, Rafa and Kei have given to Novak this year.

We can only hope you're right! Murray just hasn't learned to be a little different and push himself to stay close to the baseline and cut off floaters at the net! It's so ridiculous for him to hang back hoping he'll win thru attrition! By the end of his matches of late against Nole, he's sucking wind and totally defeated! Hard to call him part of the elite when he still allows himself to be taken by old man Fed! :cover :nono :puzzled :rolleyes: