Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the most ignorant of posts, and it drives me nuts that guys actually use it.

Since what you're implying is very obvious let's call things for what they are:

Why do you think Nadal is a PED user, but not Federer? It's utterly hilarious to me this line of thinking that you and Front constantly push: "Oh yeah, everyone in tennis is on drugs, but the drug policy is a joke...except for Federer of course, he's clean. You know, the most successful player of all time who's still winning majors at 36 years of age... he's clean."

To be clear, I am NOT implying Federer is on something. But if you think Nadal or Djoker are, surely old man Fed moving like a cat and dominating people should raise eyebrows?

Name me a time Roger pulled out of a slam 3 weeks in advance because of a tummy ache. 2012-2013 happened we can just agree to see things differently. If they silently banned a middleweight like Cilic we know the big boys would never be exposed. Roger doesn't move like a cat anymore either.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Name me a time Roger pulled out of a slam 3 weeks in advance because of a tummy ache. 2012-2013 happened we can just agree to see things differently. If they silently banned a middleweight like Cilic we know the big boys would never be exposed. Roger doesn't move like a cat anymore either.
You constantly misrepresent what happened and now you even try to use it as evidence of something: Rafa was coming back from 7 months off, got flu and couldn't play the one tune-up he'd planned and decided he wasn't ready for AO. It's really not that surprising.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Tennis is the most corrupt sport in the world right now. The entire system is rigged for Nadull, he's probably taking PEDs too. Slowed down HCs specially USO because Americans like a beefy toad, anyone muscular and someone who appears hardworking they like. I was watching a live match in Cincy with Kyrgios and Ferrer and the crowd was rooting for Ferrer even though Kyrgios is the more entertaining player. This would've never happened in India because we appreciate entertainers and not pushers, atleast Ferrer doesn't cheat though.

Trust me in the USO even with the shotclock it won't be enforced and when it is dull would be serving at 5-1 40-0 and he'll get a measly warning for timewasting just for show.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions

Yea the injury cop out only to win 50 consecutive sets on his beloved clay just goes to show what a morally bankrupt player Nadal is. Only his blind cult can't see it.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Yea the injury cop out only to win 50 consecutive sets on his beloved clay just goes to show what a morally bankrupt player Nadal is. Only his blind cult can't see it.
I don't know why I'm not the ignoring you, but Nadal is not bankrupt, he's the most fairest and modest players on tour. Federer moving better than then he was younger is weird to be? Just saying

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I can’t believe the patethic and embarrassing comments by the federist with the fake accusations showing what bad losers are and all of that because Nadal has won his well deserved 8 Roma and also the #1
Great and brave Nadal, always fighting in all the surfaces :clap::yahoo::drums::dance2::pompoms:

Reactions: Andy22

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't know why I'm not the ignoring you, but Nadal is not bankrupt, he's the most fairest and modest players on tour. Federer moving better than then he was younger is weird to be? Just saying
I don’t know why you are responding to that negligible and pathetic loser either and I can’t understand why in this supposedly decent blog they allow him to post so much garbage.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
He's not moving better mate. He's attacking his backhand more which enables him to maintain more correct court positioning

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I read it. And it doesn't matter. I have watched Federer and Djokovic to name but two pull off stretches of 6 consecutive games against Rafa multiple times. Only a few of those have resulted in bagels but point is it's by no means as rare as you represent. And trying to make excuses for Rafa getting bageled by Federer amazes me

Even at RG, Fed fed him a breadstick once.

Reactions: Federberg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's not moving better mate. He's attacking his backhand more which enables him to maintain more correct court positioning
Neverminding Nadalgoat2, you're a reasonable enough poster to agree with Broken that it's ridiculous for Darth and others to keep making PED claims against Nadal and Djokovic, and insisting that the sport is completely dirty, while completely exempting Roger from any muck. The point is the double-standard.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
When we are talkin Rafa , how does the surface NOT matter? Do you believe he is equally good or bad on every surface???
Rafa is the best clay courter to have played this game and my argument is strictly about clay matches. I do not know how many clay sets Nadal played in his career but I am positive he has not been bagelled more than 5 times in all of them combined. Maybe some of the stat guys can do the breakdown but I am willing to bet that bagelling Nadal on clay is a less than 1% possibility. That IS rare, no?

It is not an excuse, just an observation that I remember Nadal being gassed by the end of the Hamburg tournament. You are more than welcome to disagree. Either way, I was as happy as a pig in shit when that happened. But I was not also delusional that it was a common thing . (And I was right since it has not happened again, on clay) . Roger bagelled Rafa on WTF as well. I was not surprised there one bit. But if you think bagelling Nadal on clay is not a rare event and one should not be surprised by it, I am not sure stats agree with you.

I agree that it is certainly not a common occurrence. But, the trouble is that most people automatically assume that when an uncommon thing happens it is because Rafa is off. That is not necessarily true and the problem with your logic. I believe Rafa came in to that match as a red hot favorite with about 80 consecutive clay matches won. Now, Moxie would write it off as accumulated fatigue. That is BS considering that streak was built over two years.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree that it is certainly not a common occurrence. But, the trouble is that most people automatically assume that when an uncommon thing happens it is because Rafa is off. That is not necessarily true and the problem with your logic. I believe Rafa came in to that match as a red hot favorite with about 80 consecutive clay matches won. Now, Moxie would write it off as accumulated fatigue. That is BS considering that streak was built over two years.
Read Broken's post above about fatigue. I said the streak was accumulated over a couple of years. I'm saying that streaks build pressure. Broken mentions the matches he'd played previously that season, and the day before. (He'd won MC, Barcelona and Rome and beat Hewitt 7-5 in the 3rd. And you know what playing Hewitt was like.)

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t know why you are responding to that negligible and pathetic loser either and I can’t understand why in this supposedly decent blog they allow him to post so much garbage.
I agree he should not even be on this forum, I will just Ignore him from now on, hes knows very little about tennis

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Neverminding Nadalgoat2, you're a reasonable enough poster to agree with Broken that it's ridiculous for Darth and others to keep making PED claims against Nadal and Djokovic, and insisting that the sport is completely dirty, while completely exempting Roger from any muck. The point is the double-standard.
I stay well out of PED discussions. I simply don't feel comfortable without facts. I do think that there's some dodgy stuff with respect to transparency when players are caught. That said I believe that Federer and Nadal are so good that there doesn't have to be any performance enhancements. Superficially it would seem that Rafa's athletic style opens him up to accusations about PEDs, whereas any reasonable observation about how Roger wins his matches makes it less likely. But I consider all of that irrelevant without facts. If I went down that road I could well loathe Rafa with the same passion DF does. It's not worth my emotional energy! :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Read Broken's post above about fatigue. I said the streak was accumulated over a couple of years. I'm saying that streaks build pressure. Broken mentions the matches he'd played previously that season, and the day before. (He'd won MC, Barcelona and Rome and beat Hewitt 7-5 in the 3rd. And you know what playing Hewitt was like.)
In that case it sounds like you're more on my page then. To attribute Rafa suffering a bagel on clay to physical fatigue is unnecessary. Mental fatigue and streak pressure would do the same

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Ok yea that might be the case, it just looks like that to me, but I think about hes backhand, how good it gotten, it makes me think that its just nadal not everyone.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
In that case it sounds like you're more on my page then. To attribute Rafa suffering a bagel on clay to physical fatigue is unnecessary. Mental fatigue and streak pressure would do the same

Anytime any player builds a streak of any kind, it puts a mental pressure (Even Donald Young was afraid he may win a match when he was building up a long streak of losses :lol6::lulz2:). But, that is a mental fatigue, if anything. To say he was gassed is talking about physical fatigue.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok yea that might be the case, it just looks like that to me, but I think about hes backhand, how good it gotten, it makes me think that its just nadal not everyone.
He's been using it against everyone. It's just more noticeable as it's the solution for beating Rafa

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I agree he should not even be on this forum, I will just Ignore him from now on, hes knows very little about tennis
I disagree with how he insults everyone who disagrees with him & judges everyone on 1 conversation as well as name-calls. I'm disgusted that he's calling Moxie who is always here to help everyone when she can be & is a highly intelligent person who speaks about many things not just tennis & is well-respected for her attitude towards others & the help she offers as well as what she says. I'm also disgusted he's calling both broken shoelace who write some very good pieces & are well-respected. I'll confess I don't know much about tennis because most of what I learnt I learnt from playing as I don't get a chance to watch much as we have 1 t.v. & Dad hogs the remote but I watched a lot during the '90' & I talk a lot about different things. I think he needs to learn netiquette which is net etiquette or manners on the net. Ignoring him is a good idea as I don't think you can reason with him.

Reactions: Moxie and Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
He's been using it against everyone. It's just more noticeable as it's the solution for beating Rafa
That would not work on clay but I can not prove it because federer never plays on clay these days.