Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
Rafa got a stomach virus but I'm not sure if he got it in Mexico (the Montezuma revenge against the Spaniards :-/) or he got it in IW. Last year I remember Roger withdrawn in the Miami Open two hours before his match because a stomach virus and Rafa had to retire playing the match because he had a sunstroke due to the heat and the humidity

Well I hope he doesn't have Montezuma revenge, I caught it my first trip to Can Cuan and it's was by far the worst experience I ever had.. hopefully he will be ok

Me too even that I had very careful not drinking the tap water but I had some ice in my "after dinner drink" and I paid for that very badly for 24 hours, ouch! :mad:. Anyway I've read Rafa did a very good practice and he is looking good and strong

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Agassi has given up predicting Federer's career and it's probably not a bad idea at this stage. He's proven so many people wrong.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Then the next question would be:
Is Roger at 35 as good as he was at 28?

he's older for sure...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
Rafa got a stomach virus but I'm not sure if he got it in Mexico (the Montezuma revenge against the Spaniards :-/) or he got it in IW. Last year I remember Roger withdrawn in the Miami Open two hours before his match because a stomach virus and Rafa had to retire playing the match because he had a sunstroke due to the heat and the humidity

Well I hope he doesn't have Montezuma revenge, I caught it my first trip to Can Cuan and it's was by far the worst experience I ever had.. hopefully he will be ok

Me too even that I had very careful not drinking the tap water but I had some ice in my "after dinner drink" and I paid for that very badly for 24 hours, ouch! :mad:. Anyway I've read Rafa did a very good practice and he is looking good and strong
Good to hear ..thanks Carol...I see the all the big guns are playing doubles today..I still don't understand Rafa with Fronty 's :heart: Tomic...Did you see that listless effort he put out yesterday :nono

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Good to hear ..thanks Carol...I see the all the big guns are playing doubles today..I still don't understand Rafa with Fronty 's :heart: Tomic...Did you see that listless effort he put out yesterday :nono

I don't understand either, maybe it will be the first time that we could see Rafa smashing the racket but on the Tomic head :cool:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm no fan of Tomic. Just saying that when he chooses to play he can hit winners at will like he did against Nadal at the AO with basically one leg. Total waste of talent like Monfils.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Hi masterclass

You have misread my thought, because when I said "Roger at 28" I was referring to 2010 and not 2009.
He was 28 when he won AO the last time and that was a similar premise to begin a calendar year like the current one, 7 years later.
I am sure he will not come anywhere close in 2017 to what he did in 209, despite having a better start.

Ha ha, you made things easier. It is not difficult for Roger to match his 2010 performance. He had W, QF, QF and SF at the four slams in 2010. With a W already, Roger's performance at the grand slams can only better than that of 2010.

Overall, his performance was 65-13 for a 83.33% win. With roger currently maintaining 82%, it may not be difficult to reach either, although little tougher compared to improving his performance at the slams. Anyway, given that he is only going to play 15 tourneys and he has already won one, he can lose a maximum of 15 times (as one can lose twice at WTF). So, it is just a question of making sure he has enough match wins.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
I'm no fan of Tomic. Just saying that when he chooses to play he can hit winners at will like he did against Nadal at the AO with basically one leg. Total waste of talent like Monfils.

Ah No No ..you expressed on more than one occasion you :heart: for Bernie..not really fair to compare him to Monfils..he is a career top ten or close player.,I don't recall if Bernie won anything but your admiration :basiate

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Ryan Harrison, who recently won his first ATP title, breaks four racquets in a span of 5 minutes over the last two games of his first round match, that he lost. :cover

He always has this problem. Once he portrayed a bad image of USA in Olympics (or is that DC).

You should see the clip on tennis.com. It is not allowing me to copy the clip.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Ryan Harrison, who recently won his first ATP title, breaks four racquets in a span of 5 minutes over the last two games of his first round match, that he lost. :cover

He always has this problem. Once he portrayed a bad image of USA in Olympics (or is that DC).

I saw the replay this morning! He had to be PO'd since "he blew it!" That missed high BH volley was so reminiscent of Roddick in his last Wimbledon loss to Roger in '09! The 1st racket went, then after dropping MP, he took care of the rest in his bag! I think he's going to another model! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :cover

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:

Well, every single player is getting very anxious to play good against Nadal even if they are lame or one-handed, trying to beat him is the best win they could have though later they can't do too much anymore because they finish wipe out :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I saw the replay this morning! He had to be PO'd since "he blew it!" That missed high BH volley was so reminiscent of Roddick in his last Wimbledon loss to Roger in '09! The 1st racket went, then after dropping MP, he took care of the rest in his bag! I think he's going to another model! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :cover

Hey fiero.. that wasn't impressive stuff by Harrison..I like to see him crack something like a baseball back over his knee or crack a bat over his back like Bo Jackson did..now that was impressive :clap

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

It's a lot of bad actors on the tour these days..a lot of moody little sissies ..Paire, Harrison are just a few of them..kinda make me miss someone like Sampras..

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Hey fiero.. that wasn't impressive stuff by Harrison..I like to see him crack something like a baseball back over his knee or crack a bat over his back like Bo Jackson did..now that was impressive :clap

He's only "eye-candy," just taking the place of my childhood crushes of Vincent Van Patton and later Jan Michael Gambill! His game won't take him any further! Like most "also-rans," Ryan doesn't have a real weapon! UFE's just makes him look even worse than an "also-ran;" more like a "never-was!" :angel: :p :rolleyes:

Jan-Michael-Gambill.jpg

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mixed bag by the American hopefulls, aka W Cards:
Fratangelo beat Tomic and Taylor Fritz disposed easily by the erratic Paire, however Tiafoe lost last night to Lajovic and Opelka to Gojowczyk.
The bummer is that they had easier opponents, qualifiers to deal with and they still lost.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
Fratangelo beat Tomic and Taylor Fritz disposed easily by the erratic Paire, however Tiafoe lost last night to Lajovic and Opelka to Gojowczyk.
The bummer is that they had easier opponents, qualifiers to deal with and they still lost.

Those matches were gifts in the 1st round; wasn't anything they did to win so you shouldn't be surprised when they go down in flames in the next round! :puzzled :nono :rolleyes: :cover

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
herios said:

Those matches were gifts in the 1st round; wasn't anything they did to win so you shouldn't be surprised when they go down in flames in the next round! :puzzled :nono :rolleyes: :cover

Talking about Fratangelo and Fritz?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
Fiero425 said:
herios said:

Yep; TOMIC just plain gutless! I can't imagine his being backed with his attitude on the court at times like "I don't give a %#@#!" :nono

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
herios said:
Fiero425 said:

Yep; TOMIC just plain gutless! I can't imagine his being backed with his attitude on the court at times like "I don't give a %#@#!" :nono
Truth to be told, they will have very tough competition next round: Fratangelo will play berdych and fritz will play Cilic. So normally they would lose those.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Fiero425 said:
herios said:

Truth to be told, they will have very tough competition next round: Fratangelo will play Berdych and fritz will play Cilic. So normally they would lose those.