Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nishioka one of the luckiest losers of all time, beat Berdych. I guess he'll be sailing up the rankings. I like his game. Berdych is likely on the decline from "sturdy and reliable." He's having a hard time coming back from his appendicitis lay-off.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nishi "2" has beaten Berdych.....this guy goes from bad to worse :(

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Nishi "2" has beaten Berdych.....this guy goes from bad to worse :(

I like that nishi2 name..it suits him perfectly..the 1st set that guy could barely win a game..that lucky loser took it to Berdy and as usual, TB folded

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Stan wins the battle of the 1-handers v. Kholy.

Reactions: shawnbm

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lol, I missed this part, Rafa throwing the racket to the crowd (instead to Tomic head :deadhorse)

http://clips.tennistv.com/g/v/CQCcA4Fm4oC

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pospisil.......another one that has paid badly to have beaten one of the top four :cover

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How does David Goffen do it, asks ted Robinson? He's the reincarnation of davydenko--and that makes you a top player in the world capable of beating the very best now and then.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I missed this part, Rafa throwing the racket to the crowd (instead to Tomic's head :spank2:)

http://clips.tennistv.com/g/v/CQCcA4Fm4oC
The only time you'll ever see Rafa throw a racquet...which he threw at the ball, not in anger. Look, Tomic does essentially nothing at the net, but Rafa had his share of shots hit straight into the net. They had fun. I'm personally happy that Rafa lost. Enough with the doubles hit-around. Djokovic seems to be happy that he and Troicki won, on the other hand, also in the super-TB. Serbia beat France, and I'm hoping it doesn't inspire Djokovic in a Davis Cup kinda way.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How does David Goffen do it, asks ted Robinson? He's the reincarnation of davydenko--and that makes you a top player in the world capable of beating the very best now and then.
Davydenko is a very good comparison.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Pospisil.......another one that has paid badly to have beaten one of the top four :cover

He paid the price for adopting the wrong strategy.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really loved watching the little Russian that could--he gave hope to shorter guys like me

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really loved watching the little Russian that could--he gave hope to shorter guys like me
You should be liking Nishioka right now. I think Berdych had 10" on him. :)

Reactions: shawnbm

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Carol35 said:

Yeah, but why they always adopt the wrong strategy in the next match? :huh:

Haelfix

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I thought Rafa looked great. The court conditions seem to favor him, as the ball is bouncing pretty high and there is a heaviness that favors his brand of tennis. I suspect he will be the one to come out of his quarters.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The only time you'll ever see Rafa throw a racquet...which he threw at the ball, not in anger. Look, Tomic does essentially nothing at the net, but Rafa had his share of shots hit straight into the net. They had fun. I'm personally happy that Rafa lost. Enough with the doubles hit-around. Djokovic seems to be happy that he and Troicki won, on the other hand, also in the super-TB. Serbia beat France, and I'm hoping it doesn't inspire Djokovic in a Davis Cup kinda way.

I know it wasn't not in anger, I was jocking. I'm glad he lost the doubles too, I rather that he focus just to the singles because he has a tough road to go. The three matches he has played (two doubles and one single) has been when the heat is more strong, hope his next match would be in the evening

Reactions: Mary

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Carol35 said:

I didn't watch the match..what was his strategy may I ask