Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
shivashish said:
By the way, Roger looked cracking today. That's what the highlights reel says.

I watched the entire match, I am sure that the highlights make it look better. He took it as a training session from point 1, so a lot of UFE´s (stats show you that), and that strange uninterested feel to the whole match. Robert had some occasional very good shots, but too many DF´s gifted some breaks, and he was simply not used to a higher level. Everytime Federer stepped on the gas a bit he couldn´t cope with it. Honestly I can not read zilch from this match.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay..whereas Kieran..this isn't a slam where he typically takes his sabbaticals

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
Front242 said:
You're all making out like Tsonga is a great player. He's not. Fognini is no slouch so it's not any major surprise he lost to him. Tsonga has no plan b. If he isn't serving well, his whole game sucks.

I think so too.

Wait just a second ..JowillieTs has been a perennial top ten player for more than 10 years..he is just as good as Berdych, Ferrer, and the other career lower top ten of his generation..

Not more than 10 years by the way, technically for 9 and 4 months, he broke into the top 10 in late 2008.
Then he was in and out of the top 10 almost each year, bouncing back and forth with the exception of the 2012-2013, that period of time he was in the top 10 without interruption.
But some of these drops were due to his injuries, I will never dispute that.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
shivashish said:
This lad Fritz is from California. Let's see how far his vibes take him.

Fritz will need to spend some time working on his off court skills, mainly the speed. His lateral movement is a liability.
I have not seen the match, but checked the result and he did a good job b digging in when he needed to. So, his resilience was what helped him get through this one.
For example, he started badly, being broken twice back to back, going down in a hurry in set number 1.
In the last set he led with a break up until he served for the match and he got broken. The again , he broke back right away and that is how he won it.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Among the remaining 32 players, 5 Americans, which does not happen often these days:
Sock, Isner, Johnson, Young and Fritz.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
mrzz said:
shivashish said:

I watched the entire match, I am sure that the highlights make it look better. He took it as a training session from point 1, so a lot of UFE´s (stats show you that), and that strange uninterested feel to the whole match. Robert had some occasional very good shots, but too many DF´s gifted some breaks, and he was simply not used to a higher level. Everytime Federer stepped on the gas a bit he couldn´t cope with it. Honestly I can not read zilch from this match.

oh. Disinterested? I am not sure about that. He did win points on return right. And, I could see some cracking shots in the highlights, he is thrashing the ball with purpose. Only his movement towards the deuce court looked sloppy. Thanks, anyway!

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hopefully the players can play alternatively day and night because according what I've read the heat is pretty bad during the day which makes the ball to bounce and fly too high besides it's not the best way to play in those conditions

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
mrzz said:
shivashish said:

Looking the result it seems that his opponent was the one to have been a little bit uninterested, isn't? :huh:

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Among the remaining 32 players, 5 Americans, which does not happen often these days:

Here's a little challenge. Do you think anyone will fall in the next round? If yes, who.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
sid said:
Murray still playing tennis & i'm sure he will add more titles,maybe we can compare when you think of this.

ps with Murray Nole/Roger & Nadal

Connors & McEnroe were past there best & maybe Cash.

Federer and Nadal are well past it too in case you hadn't noticed. No one cares about number of titles when tons are mickey mouse ones. If Murray wins 3 slams in one year and 4 more in total I'll be frankly amazed and would bet millions that it won't happen. Also, no one really cares about Olympic tennis except you. Only best of 5 in the final so it's nothing to get excited about.

Another rubbish post from you Front & I would not expect anything different,your a sad man.:ras:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
shivashish said:
herios said:

Here's a little challenge. Do you think anyone will fall in the next round? If yes, who.

Some of them have tough matches.
Johnson plays Roger next, Young plays Pouille and Sock plays Grigor. So 3 of them are going to most likely lose.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
shivashish said:
herios said:

Johnson plays Roger next, Young plays Pouille and Sock plays Grigor. So 3 of them are going to most likely lose.

DyJr will take out Pouille..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Nick Kyrgios vs Alexander Zverev tomorrow. Should be a cool match?

Speaking of Cool ..isn't about time for crazy Nicky to return..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
shivashish said:
herios said:

Sock is the type of player that gives a Grigor trouble

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
shivashish said:

Sock is the type of player that gives a Grigor trouble

For what is worth, sock leads the H2H 2-1.
Both Grigor's losses came in 2015, when he started to drop.
But Grigor looks different now, he has to show he is over his hump.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
shivashish said:

And you know what I will do if he does not.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:

And you know what I will do if he does not.
Well..let's put this way..if DYJr wins..you ain't gonna give me kudos for my prediction

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
shivashish said:
herios said:

You are picking the favorites..the old herios would have picked the opposite with the exception of Young..