Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I was surprised to learn Fritz at 19 years of age already has a son. He is the best American player. Let's hope he does not get distracted by being married with a kid at so young an age.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
mrzz said:
shivashish said:
By the way, Roger looked cracking today. That's what the highlights reel says.

I watched the entire match, I am sure that the highlights make it look better. He took it as a training session from point 1, so a lot of UFE´s (stats show you that), and that strange uninterested feel to the whole match. Robert had some occasional very good shots, but too many DF´s gifted some breaks, and he was simply not used to a higher level. Everytime Federer stepped on the gas a bit he couldn´t cope with it. Honestly I can not read zilch from this match.

Looking the result it seems that his opponent was the one to have been a little bit uninterested, isn't? :huh:

Nadal lost a set 6-1 to Federer in the 2017 AO final. Was he disinterested too?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
10isfan said:
I was surprised to learn Fritz at 19 years of age already has a son. He is the best American player. Let's hope he does not get distracted by being married with a kid at so young an age.

I think Sock/Isner is the best American player

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Edmund is doing a nice job of hanging in there against Djokovic, and he's up a break in the 2nd. Djokovic still seems to get wrong-footed more than usual.

Edmund impressed me at the start of the second set, he really played well. If he can stay injury free for a few months I can see him as top 15 at least but he has had a lot of tough luck with injuries in the last 18 months. I liked the way Novak came back in the set, some of his old tenacity showing there but he's not back to best form yet.

Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
mrzz said:
I watched the entire match, I am sure that the highlights make it look better. He took it as a training session from point 1, so a lot of UFE´s (stats show you that), and that strange uninterested feel to the whole match. Robert had some occasional very good shots, but too many DF´s gifted some breaks, and he was simply not used to a higher level. Everytime Federer stepped on the gas a bit he couldn´t cope with it. Honestly I can not read zilch from this match.

Looking the result it seems that his opponent was the one to have been a little bit uninterested, isn't? :huh:

Nope but Roger probably was...:laydownlaughing

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agut with a abdominal injury has withdrawn, Carreño an easy pass to the next round

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Agut with a abdominal injury has withdrawn, Carreño an easy pass to the next round

What did you think about Rafa's play yesterday..I didn't get an opportunity to watch his match yesterday. I heard he was pretty sharp.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

What did you think about Rafa's play yesterday. I didn't get an opportunity to watch his match yesterday. I heard he was pretty sharp.

Which means nothing since his opponent is "nobody!" :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

What did you think about Rafa's play yesterday..I didn't get an opportunity to watch his match yesterday. I heard he was pretty sharp.

He was ok, nothing extraordinary and not too much effort, he did some good volleys but his opponent run like a greyhound reaching a couple of them.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

He was ok, nothing extraordinary and not too much effort, he did some good volleys but his opponent run like a greyhound reaching a couple of them.

Thanks.,darn it TC just switched from the Nadal /Tomic match to Zverev vs. Thiem...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
shivashish said:
oh. Disinterested? I am not sure about that. He did win points on return right. And, I could see some cracking shots in the highlights, he is thrashing the ball with purpose. Only his movement towards the deuce court looked sloppy. Thanks, anyway!

But that´s the problem with the highlights... the selection gives you a biased impression.

Carol35 said:

Looking at the result, yes. But, as I said, I looked at the match. Anyway it is not a big deal...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

Indeed.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DRpGPPM8P8[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAIoAjiDVf0[/video]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thiem is just wiping out M. Zverev...Still can't believe Murray lost to him at AO

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Thiem is just wiping out M. Zverev...Still can't believe Murray lost to him at AO

It's lonely at the top; everyone's after you! The pressure had to catch up with Murray! Those are 2 horrible losses at the start of his tenure and it can't be overlooked; will get only worse if you ask me! He's a pretender and hopefully he'll drop so a more legitimate #1 will represent the sport! :rolleyes: :nono :angel: :dodgy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tomic isn't worth a damn ..how he missed that forehand for match point..It's like carrying a grown azz child for Rafa :nono

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:

Different match up so it's impossible to compare. Thiem is about 100 times more aggressive than Murray who is a counterpunching pusher who occasionally hits aggressive shots. Very occasionally.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
First time I am glad to see Rafa loose..that was a mercy killing..I doubt Rafa will ever play with that clown again...Good grief ..next time asked, just say No Rafa.. I don't mean a Rafa No.:laydownlaughing

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:

Indeed.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DRpGPPM8P8[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAIoAjiDVf0[/video]

I don't get it...:huh: