Fedalovic Wars

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fair enough, to bolded above. I've gotten a lot of heat from Fed fans over the years for it, when they'd prefer Roger be taken on his own merits, and certainly not yoked to the H2H with Rafa. Personally, though, I think they will be forever tied at the hip. They're considered to be one of the great rivalries in all of sports, so it's not just me, but I get it.

I agree with you that I think Rafa enjoys the competition the most of the 3. He's acknowledged as a fierce competitor, and I think he just has a competitiveness gene. I also agree with you that what happened in 2009 (all of it: loss, injuries, disruption in his personal life,) gave him a different perspective. And made him a bit more vulnerable. Prior to that, he'd been the young player blithely going along smacking the ball, winning matches, feeling invincible, no real feeling for the future. Maybe 23 is a bit early to learn it, but it has served him, too. I remember he cried when he won MC earlier that same year. His first tournament win in about 11 months. That's what it meant to know he could come back.

Also fair point. I'll stand down on drinking that kool-aid. :)
PREACH

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes I KNOW that's it's what you believe as a Fedtard. But soon, after he plays slams and other big tournaments and has many matches under his belt and then still CONTINUES entering dozens of ATP250 titles, you will THEN realize that you are WRONG and I am RIGHT and that his only goal ALL ALONG was to have a better shot to get to 109 with those easier ATP250 tournament entries.
Honestly, I can't remember a time that Front ever said that Nadal was overrated. (He's got other issues, but that's for another day.) And the complaints from the Fed fans that Rafa's resume is clay-centric have subsided since he's won so much there that it's rather ridiculous to mention. You can keep litigating old issues, or you can keep up with the conversation as it is now. You can also make little of Roger for playing a calendar that works for him, which is childish. But the most deluded thing of all would be if you honestly believe that all he does or has cared about, even now, is passing Connors. 250s are too beneath anyone? Let me remind you that Agassi played Challengers to get his ranking back up before winning 5 more Majors. Stop being such a snob.

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Honestly, I can't remember a time that Front ever said that Nadal was overrated. (He's got other issues, but that's for another day.) And the complaints from the Fed fans that Rafa's resume is clay-centric have subsided since he's won so much there that it's rather ridiculous to mention. You can keep litigating old issues, or you can keep up with the conversation as it is now. You can also make little of Roger for playing a calendar that works for him, which is childish. But the most deluded thing of all would be if you honestly believe that all he does or has cared about, even now, is passing Connors. 250s are too beneath anyone? Let me remind you that Agassi played Challengers to get his ranking back up before winning 5 more Majors. Stop being such a snob.

Like I said, time will tell about whether he is playing ATP 250s in order to pass Connors or not.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I said, time will tell about whether he is playing ATP 250s in order to pass Connors or not.
He certainly isn't now. That's obvious. Nor has he ever, which has been explained to you. You're making something out of nothing, just to be a hater. If he chooses to wind down his career touring the world playing 250s, doing a valedictory and chasing Connors, I, for one, won't give a rat's ass. You can try to make little of Roger Federer's career, but that only makes you a horse's ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic is playing his 2nd ATP 250 in Belgrade just weeks apart so I guess they're all at it. But yeah, let's just focus on slagging Federer.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I never once said Nadal is overrated. Please point me to that post as I'd love to see it. I'm gonna type this all in caps and bold so hopefully you might be able to comprehend it this time. HE HAS PLAYED JUST 3 MATCHES IN 16 MONTHS. PRIOR TO LOSING IN GENEVA, HE HAD PLAYED JUST 2 MATCHES SINCE THE AO 2020 AND HIS INTENTION WAS TO HOPEFULLY GET IN A GOOD FEW MATCHES BY ENTERING A LOWER TIER EVENT. IS THIS SO DAMN HARD TO U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D ?! IF HE HAD PLAYED MORE THAN 2 (!) MATCHES IN 16 MONTHS HE WOULD HAVE ENTERED THE BIGGER TOURNAMENTS.
Your patience is amazing. why do you answer such crap?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agassi wasn't 40 when he played those smaller tournaments to get back in the groove, and Djokovic is only playing Atp250s because they are in Serbia.

Look guys, Atp250s aside, if you think it's OK and are happy as Federer fans to watch him barely win matches and become the Venus of the WTA losing match after match after match after match, then good for you and I hope he plays until he's 60. But I have the right to find it sad to watch so I will just switch the channel and remember them differently. Sure they have the "right" to continue playing but IMO there's a point in time when a great champion should know when to retire and pass the torch, but let's see if Federer will realize that or if he will be content to continue losing match after match and be a shadow of his former self.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agassi wasn't 40 when he played those smaller tournaments to get back in the groove, and Djokovic is only playing Atp250s because they are in Serbia.

Look guys, Atp250s aside, if you think it's OK and are happy as Federer fans to watch him barely win matches and become the Venus of the WTA losing match after match after match after match, then good for you and I hope he plays until he's 60. But I have the right to find it sad to watch so I will just switch the channel and remember them differently. Sure they have the "right" to continue playing but IMO there's a point in time when a great champion should know when to retire and pass the torch, but let's see if Federer will realize that or if he will be content to continue losing match after match and be a shadow of his former self.
Yeah, and Djokovic couldn't even win the one from a couple of weeks back. Maybe he should retire, since he's just starting to embarrass himself, eh? SMH.

Stop acting like that was your original point. You started all this because you wanted to post that graphic about Roger winning 25x250s, (which he obviously didn't just do in the past couple of years.) Then it was some business about winning pct. at the Slams, and now it's that Roger is over the hill and should retire. You really just enjoy slagging Federer and are slipping and sliding around looking for your angle. You're entitled to your opinion about Fed's form, but I think most of us are going to wait to see more than 3 or 4 matches in the past 15 months before passing judgement as to where is form will land.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, and Djokovic couldn't even win the one from a couple of weeks back. Maybe he should retire, since he's just starting to embarrass himself, eh? SMH.

Stop acting like that was your original point. You started all this because you wanted to post that graphic about Roger winning 25x250s, (which he obviously didn't just do in the past couple of years.) Then it was some business about winning pct. at the Slams, and now it's that Roger is over the hill and should retire. You really just enjoy slagging Federer and are slipping and sliding around looking for your angle. You're entitled to your opinion about Fed's form, but I think most of us are going to wait to see more than 3 or 4 matches in the past 15 months before passing judgement as to where is form will land.

Like I said, Federer fans have done 10000000 times worse to Nadal and his fans on a daily bases for nearly 2 decades so stop crying about my small “angled” criticism of Federer. Get over it. :yawningface:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Barely winning matches? Well so far he's played only 3 matches in 16 months and even though he only won 1 of them, he had match point in the first one he lost and was leading 4-2 in the deciding set yesterday. It's clear that ANY player who had only played 3 matches in 16 months would be rustier than a 200 year old nail but I see cutting people slack isn't your forté. The last slam he played he made the SF at the age of 39..

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyways soon there will be no more “Fedalovic Wars” as it will be clear that Nadal is GOATdal. :good::clap:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyways soon there will be no more “Fedalovic Wars” as it will be clear that Nadal is GOATdal. :good::clap:
Not sure about that. After winning another of your favourite 250s today, Djokovic is getting closer to Connors' record.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure about that. After winning another of your favourite 250s today, Djokovic is getting closer to Connors' record.

250s? Connors? :lol6: The slam race will end up around 24 GOATdal, 20 Federer, 19 Djokovic. Enjoy the ride! :ambulance: :locomotive::yesyes:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
And that simple approach has given him a golden opportunity to actually get the Slam record next month, who would have thunk it, Moxie? :)

I actually agree with @MargaretMcAleer that Nadal, when all said done, will probably "retire" first out of the Big Three once he knows he has "accomplish" everything he has on his career with it his absolute very best whatever that is for him. While he is still enjoying playing tennis at a high level, at the back of his head, he wants to have children with his wife, Maria, and just goes boating at the island of Mallorca. Either way, if he ever does accomplish the Slam record next month, then I will enjoy every moment of his career right after he accomplishes it, of course.

I actually hope he does not think about a certain number of slam if he achieves the slam record next month because that might actually be detrimental for him in a way...
Apparently Rafa and I thoughts are aligned with #25

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
You can scroll through the entire thread and I didn't slag Nadal even once and even complimented many of his great points but let me say this: nothing is sure in sport and that's why I stopped betting. I didn't think for one second that Djokovic would win today but there you go. We could end up with all 3 on 20 after Wimbledon but we'll see how the final goes first. And then there's the USO...

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Look up the words humble and respect in the dictionary.
You will learn something valuable for life.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I'm still very happy with the Rome victory. :clap:

If Djokovic had won he would have lead 37-35 in M1000 titles and 30-27 in h2h. It would have gotten that much harder for GOATdal to win those stats. :negative:

But with GOATdal's win he is now tied 36-36 in M1000 titles and only 28-29 in h2h. He is making a big move on both. :yesyes:

Of course the slam race is by far the biggest thing but those extra stats would be a good added bonus. :clap:

I also have a good feeling about Wimbledon, he did very well in the last 2 years that he played and he definitely has a shot. :good:
So not very much left from your wishes.
Still confident for Wimbledon?

Reactions: atttomole

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I was wondering how positive and confident Novak sounded after the Rome F loss.
Now I think he just figured things out and worked on details to to do what he did last night.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Paul Annacone‘s assessment of Novak vs. Fedal. Harsh!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 1923