Fedalovic Wars

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A smart man (woman) cannot invoke the opinion of that charlatan, in my opinion, except in a strictly negative context. Also, he should not uncontrollably write nonsense.
So I guess you have no interest in my response to his quote. I still am not clear as to why you call him a "charlatan."

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone who doesn't fellate the Serbian wet nurse is a charlatan according to this cult. This fringe should've never got a pedestal to voice their deplorable opinion. What an abominable bunch.

GOATDAL

Reactions
Anyone who doesn't fellate the Serbian wet nurse is a charlatan according to this cult. This fringe should've never got a pedestal to voice their deplorable opinion. What an abominable bunch.
Djokovic threw his GOAT chances away in Tokyo and then New York. Nadal has the Golden Career Slam.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Djokovic threw his GOAT chances away in Tokyo and then New York. Nadal has the Golden Career Slam.

All 3 of the "Big 3" have something the others don't have! Do you really want to "go there?" Nole has his Nole-Slam, a Double Golden Masters, & 5 YEC's! Fedal only has the YEC's while Rafa's still trying after all these years! Djokovic caught up to Fedal in just 10 years winning his majors in bunches! I can list Nole's superior record all day long! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :sick::face-with-tears-of-joy::yawningface::facepalm:

Reactions: Numbers

GOATDAL

Reactions
All 3 of the "Big 3" have something the others don't have! Do you really want to "go there?" Nole has his Nole-Slam, a Double Golden Masters, & 5 YEC's! Fedal only has the YEC's while Rafa's still trying after all these years! Djokovic caught up to Fedal in just 10 years winning his majors in bunches! I can list Nole's superior record all day long! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :sick::face-with-tears-of-joy::yawningface::facepalm:
But the wider sporting fraternity would see Nadal's resume as better. The Olympics is a huge deal. Even the Djokovic camp are saying Australia was trying to sop him BECOMING the greatest. I think Djokovic and Federer and Sampras are better players than Nadal, but Nadal for me is GOAT as his career is the most illustrious.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
But the wider sporting fraternity would see Nadal's resume as better. The Olympics is a huge deal. Even the Djokovic camp are saying Australia was trying to sop him BECOMING the greatest. I think Djokovic and Federer and Sampras are better players than Nadal, but Nadal for me is GOAT as his career is the most illustrious.

I guess you did want to go there! "Illustrious?" IMO Rafa's lucky to be within a step of the pedestal of the true ATG's! Outside of his "hogging" the FO for well over a decade, his limitations are more noteworthy! Starting from the top OTTH:

- wks as #1 (way back of Fedovic)
- outside of clay, he's almost never defended a title
- no YEC's (a couple embarrassing finals and actually lost all 3 RR matches in '09)
- no Golden Masters (Novak's done it twice)
- never won 4 majors in a row (Fedovic have won 3 majors in a season 3 times)
- oft injured (& breaking down)
- H2H he's behind Novak (w/ 2 winning streaks of 7, 2 victories in Paris)

These are just a few of the items that Rafa's trailing both Fedovic! If Nadal had been more of a full time player, he probably would/should have more titles; esp. a few more majors! His game is exhausting to watch! I can imagine trying to get out of bed the next day after working so hard to defeat some nobody that isn't ranked in the top 50! Nadal has his notoriety, but compared to Lendl, Sampras, Borg, Federer, & Djokovic were/are more versatile, consistent, & changed the sport in their own way! :pleading-face: :sick: :yawningface::facepalm:

GOATDAL

Reactions
I guess you did want to go there! "Illustrious?" IMO Rafa's lucky to be within a step of the pedestal of the true ATG's! Outside of his "hogging" the FO for well over a decade, his limitations are more noteworthy! Starting from the top OTTH:

- wks as #1 (way back of Fedovic)
- outside of clay, he's almost never defended a title
- no YEC's (a couple embarrassing finals and actually lost all 3 RR matches in '09)
- no Golden Masters (Novak's done it twice)
- never won 4 majors in a row (Fedovic have won 3 majors in a season 3 times)
- oft injured (& breaking down)
- H2H he's behind Novak (w/ 2 winning streaks of 7, 2 victories in Paris)

These are just a few of the items that Rafa's trailing both Fedovic! If Nadal had been more of a full time player, he probably would/should have more titles; esp. a few more majors! His game is exhausting to watch! I can imagine trying to get out of bed the next day after working so hard to defeat some nobody that isn't ranked in the top 50! Nadal has his notoriety, but compared to Lendl, Sampras, Borg, Federer, & Djokovic were/are more versatile, consistent, & changed the sport in their own way! :pleading-face: :sick: :yawningface::facepalm:
5 marquee events..the 4 Majors (although the AO may not have that status much longer) and the olympics.
Nadal is GOAT for now and i am afraid if Ben Rothenbergg latest tweet is true, probably forever.

Numbers

Club Member
Reactions
What you mean by illustrious? The fact he won 99,999999% of his slam titles on 1 surface?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
So that’s why he never won the USO!

Borg's best chances had him w/ a shoulder injury in '77! He WD midmatch against Stockton! The '78 Final vs Connors w/ the thumb issue already discussed! In '76, he had a good chance, but he wasn't ready mentally even though they played on clay in the final! Connors won that 1 last match in '78 before Borg closed down the rivalry, owning Jimmy for the rest of his time on the tour! Even on grass, Connors just couldn't defeat Bjorn, then along came McEnroe! Most top players have an event that's their bugaboo! For Lendl & Rosewall it was Wimbledon, a bunch had problem winning on clay at the FO, & the USO was just jinxed for Borg who played enough to fail on grass, clay, & HC! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :pleading-face::anxious-face-with-sweat:

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I was 13 when Connors won everything except the French Open, which he was banned from playing for being a professional (with the WTT). I was playing competitively in Middle States and was a big fan. Borg came along and I didn’t know what to make of him - no outward emotion whatsoever. In those days I liked Vilas and the bagel twins: Harold Solomon and Eddie Dibbs.

That said, I’m looking forward to watching an All American quarterfinal later. Not sure who will win, but I do know there will be a US citizen in the semis. :lol6:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
With 11 career titles and a rankings high of 8, “The Poo” seemed to be more interested in partying and womanizing. than he was in tennis. I guess that he was a family friend helped. It was a choice that (imo), never seemed to fit with what Tsitsipas needs.
"Partying and womanizing" is that a bad thing or just a personal choice?

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Borg had a thumb injury in '78 & his racket flew a few times after a serve in USO! As the return went whizzing by, there was nothing he could do! ;)
STOP making excuses for Borg. That Swedish loser never won a Major on hardcourts, nor did he win a Major on the abomination that was American green/gray "clay". ; )

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
STOP making excuses for Borg. That Swedish loser never won a Major on hardcourts, nor did he win a Major on the abomination that was American green/gray "clay". ; )

You must not be old enough to make such a statement! Borg was the last person to use injury as an excuse, but when hurt, it's obvious! :fearful-face: :astonished-face:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
… and fast cars. Where would Nadal be if he made that decision? Certainly it is a choice. It also a bad thing if you want a successful tennis career.
Just ask Nalbandian, too, and Safin. Speaking of Safin and Philipoussis, does anyone remember when they played each other at Wimbledon, and they were hitting the ball so hard the net finally gave up and fell down? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 1923