Fedalovic Wars

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think one of their greatest best-of-three was their Miami final in 2011, when Novak prevailed in a third set tiebreak. It was also a key win for Djokovic, after having already beaten Rafa in the IW final a few weeks before — that, after (I think) having never triumphed over Nadal in a final. It set the tone for 2011, when Novak was all over everyone, including Nadal.

Overall, though, their absolute best was the Madrid 2009 SF, which held the record for the longest best-of-three for a few years (I believe the Federer-del Potro SF at the London Olympics beat that record).
Great post Tented.. remember the Madrid like yesterday..we have discussed this one plenty of times.. Rafa was damage pre RG and Soldering was able to out play him

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shame on Vulterer with all those ATP 250 Titles. :help:

x7ek7rgajoz61.jpg

He tried to add more tiny titles since his comeback but failed both times. Connors record is safe. :yesyes:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hate the "binary" POV of Rafa vis a vis Federer, so to me it wasn't that Rafa would be perpetually behind Federer but rather if Rafa's body would continue to allow him to play tennis at a very high level. 2015/16 was probably the darkest period for Rafa fans , with the “consensus” of pundits of his demise (along with.. cough, cough....a whole slew of arrogant and smug Fedfans..cough..cough..cough...) Once Rafa roared back in 2017 and won 2 more Majors, well, do the math, he is 5 years younger than Methuselah so if he remained healthy...

The funny thing is to me Rafa seems to enjoy the competition as much if not more than the other two. The issue with him has always been his body, can it sustain him. Rafa’s injuries gave him the perspective that you enjoy the moment because it is fleeting. It’s something unique to him, when he won the FO over Soderling in 2010 after the injury-ravaged 2009, the emotions and tears that poured out of him that day , that joy and appreciation of the fragility of the sporting moment, it so encapsulates the man.
Fair enough, to bolded above. I've gotten a lot of heat from Fed fans over the years for it, when they'd prefer Roger be taken on his own merits, and certainly not yoked to the H2H with Rafa. Personally, though, I think they will be forever tied at the hip. They're considered to be one of the great rivalries in all of sports, so it's not just me, but I get it.

I agree with you that I think Rafa enjoys the competition the most of the 3. He's acknowledged as a fierce competitor, and I think he just has a competitiveness gene. I also agree with you that what happened in 2009 (all of it: loss, injuries, disruption in his personal life,) gave him a different perspective. And made him a bit more vulnerable. Prior to that, he'd been the young player blithely going along smacking the ball, winning matches, feeling invincible, no real feeling for the future. Maybe 23 is a bit early to learn it, but it has served him, too. I remember he cried when he won MC earlier that same year. His first tournament win in about 11 months. That's what it meant to know he could come back.

Again, why is it on Rafa’s shoulders not to steal his thunder?

Rafa will retire when it’s best for Rafa and the timing of it shouldn’t be placed in the context of anyone else.
Also fair point. I'll stand down on drinking that kool-aid. :)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Shame on Vulterer with all those ATP 250 Titles. :help:

x7ek7rgajoz61.jpg

He tried to add more tiny titles since his comeback but failed both times. Connors record is safe. :yesyes:
No genius, he came back at lower tier events 'cos he wasn't ready for top level tennis and made this quite clear if you bothered to do some reading. Regarding 250 titles, how many has Nadal played and lost in? The fact that Federer won many doesn't make the stat worse, it simply means he won in 25 that he entered and Nadal won 9 of those he played. Embarrassing this needs to be explained.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think one of their greatest best-of-three was their Miami final in 2011, when Novak prevailed in a third set tiebreak. It was also a key win for Djokovic, after having already beaten Rafa in the IW final a few weeks before — that, after (I think) having never triumphed over Nadal in a final. It set the tone for 2011, when Novak was all over everyone, including Nadal.

Overall, though, their absolute best was the Madrid 2009 SF, which held the record for the longest best-of-three for a few years (I believe the Federer-del Potro SF at the London Olympics beat that record).
That one is well-remembered. (I'm pretty sure I've blocked it out of my mind.) I did want someone to come up with one that Novak won that was a classic. You're also right that it changed his fortunes, in a lot of ways. And Federer v. del Potro did finally pass it for longest 3-setter in the men's game. I'm inclined to the Madrid 2009 SF as their best 3-setter. Maybe I'd have to rewatch the Miami 2011 to decide, but that ain't gonna happen. :cool:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No genius, he came back at lower tier events 'cos he wasn't ready for top level tennis and made this quite clear if you bothered to do some reading. Regarding 250 titles, how many has Nadal played and lost in? The fact that Federer won many doesn't make the stat worse, it simply means he won in 25 that he entered and Nadal won 9 of those he played. Embarrassing this needs to be explained.
It also needs a deeper-dive into the 250s that he won. He's won Doha several times, which I think everyone would agree is a more prestigious event, and important, due to placement in the calendar and usual draw, than its 250 status implies, and the grass events that aren't Halle or Queens are 250s. You might find more in there, if you care to look, but I always ask you why you respond to flagrant troll posts.

Reactions: Front242

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see that Federer fans are very emotional and sensitive right now because I guess deep down they feel that the end is near... So I will leave you all alone and not make things more difficult for you. Although things look bad with a 1-2 match record so far, I do hope that Federer has one more great run in him before the end of his career and who knows maybe if the stars aligned he could even win another ATP 250 title. He deserves it. :good:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I see that Federer fans are very emotional and sensitive right now because I guess deep down they feel that the end is near... So I will leave you all alone and not make things more difficult for you. Although things look bad with a 1-2 match record so far, I do hope that Federer has one more great run in him before the end of his career and who knows maybe if the stars aligned he could even win another ATP 250 title. He deserves it. :good:
Wrong, it's down to the stupid nature of your posts as always. Luckily for Nadal fans, there are 3 clay masters 1000 events, hence how his masters titles are higher and there is no masters 1000 on grass and Halle was also upgraded from 250 to 500 in 2015. You're penalizing Federer for the fact that the ATP have no comparative balance between grass and clay events which is clueless. Really dunno why I'm even bothering.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wrong, it's down to the stupid nature of your posts as always. Luckily for Nadal fans, there are 3 clay masters 1000 events, hence how his masters titles are higher and there is no masters 1000 on grass and Halle was also upgraded from 250 to 500 in 2015. You're penalizing Federer for the fact that the ATP have no comparative balance between grass and clay events which is clueless. Really dunno why I'm even bothering.

Total slams if all surfaces were equal (1 hardcourt, 1 grass, 1 clay):

For the 1 hardcourt, you add AO + USO and then divide by 2 for the average.

Nadal: 2.5 hardcourt, 2 grass, 13 clay = 17.5
Federer: 5.5 hardcourt, 8 grass, 1 clay = 14.5
Djokovic: 6 hardcourt, 5 grass, 1 clay = 12

The only person who is disadvantaged in terms of surfaces is Nadal, if all surfaces were equal he would lead easily. :bye:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Total slams if all surfaces were equal (1 hardcourt, 1 grass, 1 clay):

For the 1 hardcourt, you add AO + USO and then divide by 2 for the average.

Nadal: 2.5 hardcourt, 2 grass, 13 clay = 17.5
Federer: 5.5 hardcourt, 8 grass, 1 clay = 14.5
Djokovic: 6 hardcourt, 5 grass, 1 clay = 12

The only person who is disadvantaged in terms of surfaces is Nadal, if all surfaces were equal he would lead easily. :bye:
You brought up the dumb crap about 250 events and no one mentioned slams till you just now above. I said there are 3 clay masters and zero grass masters and only 250s and 500s so hence Federer's 250 totals which you slagged stupidly. Total slams if all surfaces were equal? Wtf is that? If the queen had balls she'd be king. Wake up and join the really real world please.

• Haha
Reactions: napo

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You brought up the dumb crap about 250 events and no one mentioned slams till you just now above. I said there are 3 clay masters and zero grass masters and only 250s and 500s so hence Federer's 250 totals which you slagged stupidly. Total slams if all surfaces were equal? Wtf is that? If the queen had balls she'd be king. Wake up and join the really real world please.

I see, so I bring up 250 events and then YOU decide to bring up Masters out of nowhere . And now somehow I can't follow up by bringing up slams? Stop ridiculing yourself.

And btw I brought up slams after you said:

Luckily for Nadal fans, there are 3 clay masters 1000 events, hence how his masters titles are higher and there is no masters 1000 on grass

So by me bringing up slams it was to simply show you with a simple example that if slams were equal by surface then GOATdal would lead easily so there's no reason why he wouldn't also lead in Masters if they are also split equally between hardcourt/clay/grass. So your statement about GOATdal leading Masters because of clay and lack of grass doesn't stand.

Next time I can explain it to you by using sock puppets if it helps.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I see, so I bring up 250 events and then YOU decide to bring up Masters out of nowhere . And now somehow I can't follow up by bringing up slams? Stop ridiculing yourself.

And btw I brought up slams after you said:

So by me bringing up slams it was to simply show you with a simple example that if slams were equal by surface then GOATdal would lead easily so there's no reason why he wouldn't also lead in Masters if they are also split equally between hardcourt/clay/grass. So your statement about GOATdal leading Masters because of clay and lack of grass doesn't stand.

Next time I can explain it to you by using sock puppets if it helps.
You're too busy posting stupid Federer slagging comments to understand context. It was pretty clear for everyone who read my post (except you obviously) that I was countering your stupid slagging about Federer's 250 titles by showing you many were on grass as there's an obvious complete lack of major grass events except Wimbledon. Now please go away.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're too busy posting stupid Federer slagging comments to understand context. It was pretty clear for everyone who read my post (except you obviously) that I was countering your stupid slagging about Federer's 250 titles by showing you many were on grass as there's an obvious complete lack of major grass events except Wimbledon. Now please go away.

Yes that would explain why Federer is entering ATP 250 CLAY tournaments. Everyone and their mamma know that it's to vulture a few tiny titles in order to pass Connors but it's not working. He's been skipping the clay season for ages and now all of a sudden he cares enough about clay to enter ATP 250. What a coincidence. But it's too late he won't be winning 6-7 more titles to tie or pass Connors.

Anyways, hopefully he will not become the Venus of the WTA barely winning a match. Sure they both have the right to play as long as they want, but it's still sad to watch. At a certain point you have to be able to pass the torch. For Venus I can see why she might want to continue as she's a single person and she doesn't have kids. But for a family man like Federer what does he think, he will play until he's 60? It's simply to try to get a few attainable records as all his other records are falling apart. Or maybe it's because of his contracts and money. Anyways best of luck to him...

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes that would explain why Federer is entering ATP 250 CLAY tournaments. Everyone and their mamma know that it's to vulture a few tiny titles in order to pass Connors but it's not working. He's been skipping the clay season for ages and now all of a sudden he cares enough about clay to enter ATP 250. What a coincidence. But it's too late he won't be winning 6-7 more titles to tie or pass Connors.

Anyways, hopefully he will not become the Venus of the WTA barely winning a match. Sure they both have the right to play as long as they want, but it's still sad to watch. At a certain point you have to be able to pass the torch. For Venus I can see why she might want to continue as she's a single person and she doesn't have kids. But for a family man like Federer what does he think, he will play until he's 60? It's simply to try to get a few attainable records as all his other records are falling apart. Or maybe it's because of his contracts and money. Anyways best of luck to him...
No you clueless and classless Nadal tard, it's because he's out of practice and wasn't ready to jump into any of the clay masters and needs some practice before the French Open. It's really not difficult to understand. He didn't enter it thinking he could win it as he has realistic expectations and there was a strong field of decent clay courters. Now as I said, please go away and leave the forum in peace and not pieces.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No you clueless and classless Nadal tard, it's because he's out of practice and wasn't ready to jump into any of the clay masters and needs some practice before the French Open. It's really not difficult to understand. He didn't enter it thinking he could win it as he has realistic expectations and there was a strong field of decent clay courters. Now as I said, please go away and leave the forum in peace and not pieces.
So all of a sudden at 40 years old he's interested in clay when he skipped it for years. Sounds legit. NOT! He entered those two Atp 250 tournaments in order to add to his tally and reach Connors and he will continue doing it for a while even on hardcourt even if he reaches latter stages in slams. He will continue entering those Atp 250 titles for one purpose only: CONNORS 109. Stop being blind.

And Federer fans have made Nadal fans get banned over and over because they controlled forums and would treat Nadal fans as inferior crazy people as soon as one of us claimed that Nadal is as good as the Perfect Almighty Federer. Federer fans have been arrogant towards GOATdal fans for over 15+ years so I will not shy away and call out Federer for anything and I will not tip toe around Federer fans feelings now that he is getting passed by GOATdal.

You guys have been much meaner to GOATdal fans (even on this forum with the likes of your buddy Bonaca) and what I do is not even 1% as bad as how Federer fans have treated Nadal fans for years and years. Get over yourself, stop crying and take it like a man.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
So all of a sudden at 40 years old he's interested in clay when he skipped it for years. Sounds legit. NOT! He entered those two Atp 250 titles in order to add to his tally and reach Connors and he will continue doing it for a while even on hardcourt. Stop being blind.

And Federer fans have made me get banned over and over because they controlled forums and would treat Nadal fans as inferior crazy people as soon as one of us claim that Nadal is as good as the Almighty Federer. Federer fans have been arrogant towards Nadal fans for over 15+ years so I will not shy away and call out Federer for anything and I will not tip toe around Federer fans feelings now that he is getting passed by GOATdal.

You guys have been much meaner to Nadal fans (even on this forum with the likes of your buddy Bonaca) and what I do is not even 1% as bad as what Federer fans have treated Nadal fans for years and years. Get over yourself, stop crying and take it like a man.
He played the French Open in 2019. What's your point and problem ? He probably would have played it last year but was out after knee surgery for all of 2020 following the AO. You DESERVE to be banned for the shit you post! No one is blind here except you. He said the season starts for him for the grass events but he's playing the French open 'cos he has no other other means of getting any match play before then. He hadn't played a single match on clay since RG 2019 and you think he's ready to play masters events? He unlike you knows what he's doing and wisely chose a lower tier event to ease himself back in and the reasoning was to hopefully get in a good few matches before RG rather than lose early at one of the clay masters. Unluckily for him, he lost in his first match and he'll now have no more match play before RG.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He played the French Open in 2019. What's your point and problem ? He probably would have played it last year but was out after knee surgery for all of 2020 following the AO. You DESERVE to be banned for the shit you post! No one is blind here except you. He said the season starts for him for the grass events but he's playing the French open 'cos he has no other other means of getting any match play before then. He hadn't played a single match on clay since RG 2019 and you think he's ready to play masters events? He unlike you knows what he's doing and wisely chose a lower tier event to ease himself back in and the reasoning was to hopefully get in a good few matches before RG rather than lose early at one of the clay masters. Unluckily for him, he lost in his first match and he'll now have no more match play before RG.

After years of you saying that Nadal is overrated because he won too many SLAMS on clay, now you are defending Federer for entering tiny ATP 250 tournaments on clay and losing in the first match. Stop embarrassing Federer fans, please.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing how Federer will continue with his journey. And let's see after he plays RG and Wimbledon if he will continue entering those ATP 250 tournaments even on hardcourt, or maybe until even next year. I guess after he enters ATP 250 tournaments on a weekly bases for 2 years you will still find another excuse and still not admit that his only motive is to vulture easy titles and get to 109. :facepalm:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
After years of you saying that Nadal is overrated because he won too many SLAMS on clay, now you are defending Federer for entering tiny ATP 250 tournaments on clay and losing in the first match. Stop embarrassing Federer fans, please.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing how Federer will continue with his journey. And let's see after he plays RG and Wimbledon if he will continue entering those ATP 250 tournaments even on hardcourt, or maybe until even next year. I guess after he enters ATP 250 tournaments on a weekly bases for 2 years you will still find another excuse and still not admit that his only reason is to vulture easy titles and get to 109. :facepalm:
I never once said Nadal is overrated. Please point me to that post as I'd love to see it. I'm gonna type this all in caps and bold so hopefully you might be able to comprehend it this time. HE HAS PLAYED JUST 3 MATCHES IN 16 MONTHS. PRIOR TO LOSING IN GENEVA, HE HAD PLAYED JUST 2 MATCHES SINCE THE AO 2020 AND HIS INTENTION WAS TO HOPEFULLY GET IN A GOOD FEW MATCHES BY ENTERING A LOWER TIER EVENT. IS THIS SO DAMN HARD TO U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D ?! IF HE HAD PLAYED MORE THAN 2 (!) MATCHES IN 16 MONTHS HE WOULD HAVE ENTERED THE BIGGER TOURNAMENTS.

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is completely reasonable that Roger chose to play Geneva, and that he chose to play the clay season this year.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I never once said Nadal is overrated. Please point me to that post as I'd love to see it. I'm gonna type this all in caps and bold so hopefully you might be able to comprehend it this time. HE HAS PLAYED JUST 3 MATCHES IN 16 MONTHS. PRIOR TO LOSING IN GENEVA, HE HAD PLAYED JUST 2 MATCHES SINCE THE AO 2020 AND HIS INTENTION WAS TO HOPEFULLY GET IN A GOOD FEW MATCHES BY ENTERING A LOWER TIER EVENT. IS THIS SO DAMN HARD TO U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D ?! IF HE HAD PLAYED MORE THAN 2 (!) MATCHES IN 16 MONTHS HE WOULD HAVE ENTERED THE BIGGER TOURNAMENTS.

Yes I KNOW that's it's what you believe as a Fedtard. But soon, after he plays slams and other big tournaments and has many matches under his belt and then still CONTINUES entering dozens of ATP250 titles, you will THEN realize that you are WRONG and I am RIGHT and that his only goal ALL ALONG was to have a better shot to get to 109 with those easier ATP250 tournament entries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 1923