Fedalovic Wars

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I didn't say anything about Novak's performance in 2016 or how it compares to Andy's. I was merely saying that 2016 was arguably the best single-Slam season in the Open Era. Is there a better one? I'll hang up and wait for your response to what I actually wrote.

Anyhow, bitch all you want, but Novak let the #1 slip from his grasp that year, fading in the second half. Andy deserves kudos for his amazing run to snatch the #1...he didn't "steal" it from Novak in the final, but won it fair and square. The points are what they are, and Andy earned the most.

Whatever! I can't argue w/ your kind of logic! As historians of the game, we can w/o a doubt come up w/ more stellar seasons of an also-ran like Murray! I must be missing something b/c this convo is off the charts insane to me! I haven't started drinking or doing a CBD gummy yet so I can't explain it! You got my head spinning though! THANKS! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Whatever! I can't argue w/ your kind of logic! As historians of the game, we can w/o a doubt come up w/ more stellar seasons of an also-ran like Murray! I must be missing something b/c this convo is off the charts insane to me! I haven't started drinking or doing a CBD gummy yet so I can't explain it! You got my head spinning though! THANKS! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I thought I was being pretty straightforward. The question, again:

"What is the best season involving a single Slam title?"

Andy's 2016 gets my vote. Do you have a better option? But instead, you took it as an opportunity to vituperate about Novak being robbed/underappreciated/etc. Your head isn't spinning, you are ;).

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought I was being pretty straightforward. The question, again:

"What is the best season involving a single Slam title?"

Andy's 2016 gets my vote. Do you have a better option? But instead, you took it as an opportunity to vituperate about Novak being robbed/underappreciated/etc. Your head isn't spinning, you are ;).
At the risk of joining this conversation, @Fiero425 has always had a bee in his bonnet about 2016. He blames Andy for pressing so hard that year that he endangered his career, which I think is hard to prove. Andy's hips were a continuous-use injury, IMO. But, as to that year, and to Andy's place on your list: Murray was the first new #1 in 12 years, was it? And I think your ranking system rates the rankings of players they beat, am I wrong?

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
At the risk of joining this conversation, @Fiero425 has always had a bee in his bonnet about 2016. He blames Andy for pressing so hard that year that he endangered his career, which I think is hard to prove. Andy's hips were a continuous-use injury, IMO. But, as to that year, and to Andy's place on your list: Murray was the first new #1 in 12 years, was it? And I think your ranking system rates the rankings of players they beat, am I wrong?
No, it just goes on results - W at 250s, F or better at 500s, SF or better at Masters, etc. I waste a lot of hours on tennis stats, but that's a level of complexity beyond even my own nerdery. Plus, current ranking is often enough indicative of how good a player actually is, so I'm not sure it would add anything.

But yeah, I know Fiero has a special place in his heart for 2016. In the end, though, it is Andy's crowning achievement - the one year in which he rose above the three best players in tennis history (we'll ignore the fact that Fedal sucked that year). I mean, no one else did what he did or reached #1 from 2004 to 2021 when Medvedev snuck in.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

What would y'all do w/o me being an irritant & keeping the action going around here? I'm flattered you recall my diatribes in such great detail! Forgive me if I have to admit, I don't even half-try to remember who said what unless it's insane Nadal fandom! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What would y'all do w/o me being an irritant & keeping the action going around here? I'm flattered you recall my diatribes in such great detail! Forgive me if I have to admit, I don't even half-try to remember who said what unless it's insane Nadal fandom! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
We love you, Fiero - and your diatribes are quite entertaining.

• Haha
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 1923