Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nadal is 11-7 in slams vs Pushovic and 10-4 in slams vs Frauderer. :good:

That's 21-11 total. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Unbilibable, no? :clap:

OMG, the desperation! I thought m/b I had gone back to the 1st page of the Thread it's such an antiquated take on what history will be looking at in the future! Was Djokovic "pushing" the ball against Alcaraz in the Olympic final! I saw Carlos stretching for balls totally unreachable! Is that your idea of pushing the ball? Novak has a losing record vs Roddick and Vesley! SO? What else ya got? After snatching OG, I'd think the Rafa-fans would pull back on "puffing out" their collective chests trying to find "something" to compare & celebrate! It's getting embarrassing DON'TCHA THINK? Djokovic has all the records owned w/ #'s unsurpassable! The 8 YE #1's alone immortalizes him, but add on the 7 YEC's, 24 Majors, a double Golden Master, a Nole-Slam, capped w/ an OGM, the debate is squashed, buried, & eviscerated! :yawningface::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa is one of the greatest to ever play, as are Nole and Roger. I am just happy I was there to watch, just like I was when it was Connors-Borg and McEnroe (maybe Ivan the Terrible too).

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is one of the greatest to ever play, as are Nole and Roger. I am just happy I was there to watch, just like I was when it was Connors-Borg and McEnroe (maybe Ivan the Terrible too).
Hi Shawnbm

I second your post, I have been lucky to see Rafa play many times live at RG, when he won his first GS at RG I knew this was just the beginning, he is the Greatest Clay Courter, also watched him many times at my home tournament in Roma and a great 'competitor'
Since moving to Australia, I was live when he won his first AO title in 2009, the first Spanish man to win there, of course he went onto win the AO title after that:) . Rafa joins Federer and Novak in that 'greatest every to play the game of tennis' I have also been lucky to watch Federer and Novak live! we as tennis fans have been soo lucky to witness the 3 of them play over the years ,

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Why's it American players can only make a short run t/b noticed, then can't win the simplest of matches against a WC? Big fail on Taylor Fritz! :fearful-face:

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Why's it American players can only make a short run t/b noticed, then can't win the simplest of matches against a WC? Big fail on Taylor Fritz! :fearful-face:
Too many players in today's generation (outside of Sinner and Alcaraz) aren't built mentally tough, and are just unable to sustain great play for an extended period of time.

Reactions: Fiero425

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He clearly is the most accomplished when you look at things statistically and longevity wise. He has broken almost all the records of significance and he did battling these two during most of their primes.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ Hard to say. 2023 when he went to all four majors and won three? Ditto for 2015--won three in 2011 and then there was the calendar year slam potential in 2021??? when he lost to Medvedev in New York City at the very end?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is on the wrong post it should have been on the ATP News Post this is the Fedalovic Post?

Last edited:

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
^ Hard to say. 2023 when he went to all four majors and won three? Ditto for 2015--won three in 2011 and then there was the calendar year slam potential in 2021??? when he lost to Medvedev in New York City at the very end?

31-29.

It's not significant at all.

Hehe.

24-22 and 31-29.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
24-22 over Roger and 31-29 over Rafa?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
It is sort of like a triathalon: each of the three has their own "event" (time/context/surface) where they stand above everyone else--including the other two--but overall, Novak wins the race.

It isn't only surface, but we can sort of simplify it this way:

Clay: Rafa, Novak, Roger
Grass: Roger, Novak, Rafa
Hards: Novak, Roger, Rafa

Now while Rafa is third in two of the surfaces, he makes up for it by being much further ahead in clay than the other two are on Grass and Hards (and really, Roger and Novak are very close on each).

Novak "wins the race" because he's 1 or 2 on all three.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It is sort of like a triathalon: each of the three has their own "event" (time/context/surface) where they stand above everyone else--including the other two--but overall, Novak wins the race.

Now while Rafa is third in two of the surfaces, he makes up for it by being much further ahead in clay than the other two are on Grass and Hards (and really, Roger and Novak are very close on each).

Roger fast hards. Novak slow/medium. Fixed that there for you. :good:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shawnbm and El Dude

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Roger fast hards. Novak slow/medium. Fixed that there for you. :good:

Weak; very weak! Roger had an advantage early on fast HC! Later; esp. in 2018 when Nole annihilated Roger in the Cincy final completing his 1st Golden Masters! Djokovic also has multiple wins in Shanghai & Paris where the courts are lightning fast! The BIG 3 fans have got to give it up to Djokovic no matter the lame examples displayed trying to equate them! He won the war of attrition; doing it systematically & balanced! He won 12 majors early & 12 majors late! He took 3 of 4 of them twice early & late in his career! He amazed me by taking 2 more YEC's, an 8th YE #1, then finally an OGM closing in on 40 years old! Roger was the KING of 250's in comparison! Novak won BIG events to lead the way while Nadal's only close due to his prowess on clay! :yawningface::astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-vomiting:

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions

Tbh grass belongs to Novak imho.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 1923