Erste Bank Open, Vienna - ATP 500

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What are the odds Sonego was going to get to this final? Someone out there is going to be rich if they placed this bet.
I wonder if there has ever been a LL that has won a ATP 500? maybe Sonego could take that honor tomorrow,though I think Rublev who is having a great year,may have something to say about that:)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I wonder if there has ever been a LL that has won a ATP 500? maybe Sonego could take that honor tomorrow,though I think Rublev who is having a great year,may have something to say about that:)
When was the last time a lucky loser even made it to the final of a 500?

But sure, Rublev is going to win this.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Google is my friend

Andrey Rublrv was a LL in 2017 at the Umag Open defeating the defending champion Fabio Fognini in the q/finals.In the final he defeated Paolo Lorenzi in straight sets to win his first ATP title.( It was the seventh time a LL would win a tournament,last tennis player doing so was Rajeev Ram in 2009 at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic was destroyed recently by both Nadal and future ATG Sonego. :bye:

In addition at RG he also lost a set to PCB and went 5 sets against Tsitsipas. :laugh:

In Vienna he luckily survived sets to the likes of Coric and Krajinovic despite "trying so hard". :lol6:

Stop pretending that he is so great, things have changed and he is very beatable. His level isn't that high and it will only get worse next year. :yesyes:
Interesting..you bring up some valid points

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic was destroyed recently by both Nadal and future ATG Sonego. :bye:

In addition at RG he also lost a set to PCB and went 5 sets against Tsitsipas. :laugh:

In Vienna he luckily survived sets to the likes of Coric and Krajinovic despite "trying so hard". :lol6:

Stop pretending that he is so great, things have changed and he is very beatable. His level isn't that high and it will only get worse next year. :yesyes:

Haha, next ATG , that’s the best shit from you.

Yes he lost these sets in RG, that’s what we talk about, he played subpar, also Vienna, and despite almost won everything this year.
And you Bobotards behave like Bobo beated peak Novak which is impossible.
And still everyone knows he would have won US Open if not eliminated by the fucking officials.

All of the Big 3 are post prime, yes, mostly Roger of course

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stop trying to jinx my Rublev !! :astonished-face: :astonished-face:
Interesting final. It's not like Rublev has never been favored to win a final, I don't think, but it might be a bit new to be this much of a favorite. Sonego is in a position, as with his Djokovic match, to just swing freely. I still pick Rublev, because he does have a good head, (and a good head of hair!) but I'll give Sonego a set to Rublev's nerves.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Stop trying to jinx my Rublev !! :astonished-face: :astonished-face:
Rublev is a tenacious lad, I like that attitude a lot, and I’m glad to see him progressing at a not to fast pace. It’ll be an interesting final but I expect Rublev to take it in straights, but...the other bloke is having a very interesting run... :D

Reactions: tented and Moxie

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
mr LL is in the final then..checked his wikipage, djoko victory is his first top10 win.

Reactions: Kieran

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
the hardest 500 event in history Djokovic says turned out to be true as Thiem djokovic, tsitsipas Medvedev All can tell you its hope for a good final.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev 500 series goat? but really I think his great season 4th best on tour behind Djokovic Nadal, Thiem who knows maybe Rublev can win ATP finals.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev wins and they just said he didn't drop his serve the whole tournament. 5th title in a shortened year!
Andrey is the one player who started the year well and after the shutdown restart has continued to progress. My concern for Rublev is how much he has in the tank with Paris this week and then London.

But what the hey, he’s young and he is on a roll. Enjoy it Andrey !

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Andrey is the one player who started the year well and after the shutdown restart has continued to progress. My concern for Rublev is how much he has in the tank with Paris this week and then London.

But what the hey, he’s young and he is on a roll. Enjoy it Andrey !
I was looking at the Paris draw that @tented kindly posted and I wondered if Rublev might withdraw? But, as you say, he's young and why not?

Reactions: tented

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Andrej.
Well deserved and hopefully enough energy left in the tank to play good masters tournament.
It’s time for a real title that counts.

так держать мальчик

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some wonderful stats for Andrey Rublev so far in 2020,

5 titles,
15 consecutive ATP 500 wins
39-7 overall, 19 wins in last 20
Top 10 debut
Qualified for first Nitto ATP Finals.