Erste Bank Open, Vienna - ATP 500

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic said that clinching the year end No1 did affect his performance today.
"I've done what I needed to do and why I came here.I move on completely fine with today's result and looking to the next chapter."
I agree with the comment "what do you expect him to say?" but it's not unreasonable that he had a bit of a letdown by clinching YE#1, if that's what he did. I'm hoping to catch the replay, as I only saw bits of the 2nd set. Pretty shocking scoreline, though. And Sonego was a LL, after all. He must have played the match of his life.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree with the comment "what do you expect him to say?" but it's not unreasonable that he had a bit of a letdown by clinching YE#1, if that's what he did. I'm hoping to catch the replay, as I only saw bits of the 2nd set. Pretty shocking scoreline, though. And Sonego was a LL, after all. He must have played the match of his life.
A lot of people said Novak tanked the match? well the ATP have not made any attempt to investigate the match.
Sonego did play great tennis and deserved his win,he was aggressive from the start of the match to the end.I was waiting for Novak to show up he did not,simple as that.
Stats W 26 UFE 12
Novak. W 7 UFE 25.......

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

So Theim I take it has developed foot blisters.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
A lot of people said Novak tanked the match? well the ATP have not made any attempt to investigate the match.
Sonego did play great tennis and deserved his win,he was aggressive from the start of the match to the end.I was waiting for Novak to show up he did not,simple as that.
Stats W 26 UFE 12
Novak. W 7 UFE 25.......

Well it's not one of those "gambling tanks!" Let's make that clear anyway! He did what he had to do and that was to at least make the QF of Vienna to put the YE #1 ranking out of reach! Unofficially Rafa could try and kill himself by winning Paris and taking a WC in Sofia to keep it close, but again, he'd have to go on and win the YEC which he's never come close to winning! I'd welcome him to try! I think it would wind up being a repeat of '09 where he lost all 3 of his RR matches in embarrassing fashion! IDK why he even showed up aside from avoiding a fine! :angry-face:

Reactions: Bonaca

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stats W 26 UFE 12
Novak. W 7 UFE 25.......
I don't think he tanked. He just didn't play well, at all. I'll be holding onto that into the next year.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

So Theim I take it has developed foot blisters.
Weird that they've only played half a calendar and still some are limping into Bercy.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think he tanked. He just didn't play well, at all. I'll be holding onto that into the next year.
Also to the point of if he'd tanked: He didn't know that Dan Evans would have been his next opponent. There was a chance it would have been Dimitrov. Why "tank" against a LL, when you could lose more credibly to Dimitrov? He didn't tank, he just played poorly, and without enthusiasm.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You cannot recognise the easiest things honey.
He reached his only goal he came for to Vienna already in the second round.
Nothing left for him.
Bercy skipping and at the Finals collecting more points to reach the amazing goal of most weeks at no 1 as soon as possible.

We are witnessing only that even more bullshit is coming out of you bobotard2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You genius have to decide, either being destroyed or tanking.
High amount of stupidity like always from the biggest Bobotard out there.

Compared to you I am definitely a genius. I said that he was destroyed but if he wants to claim that he tanked then it makes him even more pathetic than being destroyed.

But anyone who has watched the match (which you couldn’t have possibly done because of your many tears covering your eyes :cry:) would have seen Djokovic try very very very hard to win but that Sonego was just too strong and overpowered him from everywhere.

Good night, sweet dreams! :bye:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy22

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it's not one of those "gambling tanks!" Let's make that clear anyway! He did what he had to do and that was to at least make the QF of Vienna to put the YE #1 ranking out of reach! Unofficially Rafa could try and kill himself by winning Paris and taking a WC in Sofia to keep it close, but again, he'd have to go on and win the YEC which he's never come close to winning! I'd welcome him to try! I think it would wind up being a repeat of '09 where he lost all 3 of his RR matches in embarrassing fashion! IDK why he even showed up aside from avoiding a fine! :angry-face:
Well I was watching Rafa and Wawrinka at practice at Paris earlier so Rafa has not taken a WC into Sofia!
As I said before Novak and his team made a smart decision by taking a WC into Vienna,skipping Paris,where he could not add points,he will be fresh and rested for the ATP finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonaca and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Re: Astana: Big win for Tiafoe today!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just watched the replay of the first set. Djokovic didn't tank that...he got out-played.
2nd set, though...no chattering at the box, no anger...all resignation. He had no interest in fighting for it. He was out of there.

Reactions: Bonaca

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Compared to you I am definitely a genius. I said that he was destroyed but if he wants to claim that he tanked then it makes him even more pathetic than being destroyed.

But anyone who has watched the match (which you couldn’t have possibly done because of your many tears covering your eyes :cry:) would have seen Djokovic try very very very hard to win but that Sonego was just too strong and overpowered him from everywhere.

Good night, sweet dreams! :bye:

If one is playing as his life depends on it and the other is letting time go by, that is destroying to you? Jesus it’s an 500 event and Novak reached his goal already.
Sonego played good enough to make Novak letting it happen.
You are just a genius in bullshiting and one of the biggest Bobotards out there, you really fit to that freak.
Compared to you even the other Nadal fans are genius.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Just watched the replay of the first set. Djokovic didn't tank that...he got out-played.

Now it’s clear, if you say so, it must be truth, holy Marija.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If one is playing as his life depends on it and the other is letting time go by, that is destroying to you? Jesus it’s an 500 event and Novak reached his goal already.
Sonego played good enough to make Novak letting it happen.
You are just a genius in bullshiting and one of the biggest Bobotards out there, you really fit to that freak.
Compared to you even the other Nadal fans are genius.

Djokovic was destroyed recently by both Nadal and future ATG Sonego. :bye:

In addition at RG he also lost a set to PCB and went 5 sets against Tsitsipas. :laugh:

In Vienna he luckily survived sets to the likes of Coric and Krajinovic despite "trying so hard". :lol6:

Stop pretending that he is so great, things have changed and he is very beatable. His level isn't that high and it will only get worse next year. :yesyes:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now it’s clear, if you say so, it must be truth, holy Marija.

Just my opinion. But he's had motivation issues before, too, so maybe it wasn't just after he lost the first.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Just my opinion. But he's had motivation issues before, too, so maybe it wasn't just after he lost the first.

I think he came into this tournament only to reach the great record of 6. YEno1 title. More than Fed and Nadal.
He played subpar also in first two matches, but knowing Job isn’t done yet.
Against Sonego different story, the Italian played too good for a 50% Novak and he wasn’t interested in more. He was honest and admitted it.
To analyse this as a destruction of Novak is nonsense and can only come from nadaltards and retard trolls.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Englishman has to fight, Novak don’t.
C player has to give everything even in Mickey Mouse tournaments like this in great Germany.
Like giraffe did last two weeks, haha.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk