Erste Bank Open, Vienna - ATP 500

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We have witnessed today the end of Noletardism.:yes: The way he was trashed by Rafa and now Sonego shows how he is completely over. :yes: His age is starting to show. It was a good run and we can finally now witness Nadal make history. :good: I predict the final tally will be Nadal 23- Federer 20- Djokovic 17.:good:

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425 and Andy22

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic said that clinching the year end No1 did affect his performance today.
"I've done what I needed to do and why I came here.I move on completely fine with today's result and looking to the next chapter."

Reactions: Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic said that clinching the year end No1 did affect his performance today.
"I've done what I needed to do and why I came here.I move on completely fine with today's result and looking to the next chapter."

What do you expect him to say? He found an excuse but I watched the match and he was completely destroyed. :lol6: Also the fact that he said that is very disrespectful and he should be fined for supposedly tanking.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
What do you expect him to say? He found an excuse but I watched the match and he was completely destroyed. :lol6: Also the fact that he said that is very disrespectful and he should be fined for supposedly tanking.
of course a wise man like you talks some sense, Djokovic was completely owned by a challenger clay court player winning only 3 games:rip:. Sonego was playing god mode tennis and Djokovic knowing he stood No chance even with his best tennis give up like a little boy Sadly. :yesyes:

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't understand what Djoke was doing at this tournament. Couldn't he have secured the #1 at Bercy or the ATP finals? Why not just wait and play there?
Novak won Paris last year so he could not pick up any more points playing this year,he can pick up points at the ATP finals,he decided to take a WC in Vienna after the RG final where he could secure the No 1 ranking winning a q/final.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

You genius have to decide, either being destroyed or tanking.
High amount of stupidity like always from the biggest Bobotard out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
We have witnessed today the end of Noletardism.:yes: The way he was trashed by Rafa and now Sonego shows how he is completely over. :yes: His age is starting to show. It was a good run and we can finally now witness Nadal make history. :good: I predict the final tally will be Nadal 23- Federer 20- Djokovic 17.:good:

You cannot recognise the easiest things honey.
He reached his only goal he came for to Vienna already in the second round.
Nothing left for him.
Bercy skipping and at the Finals collecting more points to reach the amazing goal of most weeks at no 1 as soon as possible.

We are witnessing only that even more bullshit is coming out of you bobotard2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't understand what Djoke was doing at this tournament. Couldn't he have secured the #1 at Bercy or the ATP finals? Why not just wait and play there?

Easier opponents. On paper at least.

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Novak won Paris last year so he could not pick up any more points playing this year. He can pick up points at the ATP Finals. He decided to take a WC in Vienna after the RG Final where he could secure the No 1 ranking winning a q/final.

Nole accomplished what he wanted! Back in the day, by the time players got to Paris, they were on their last legs physically and emotionally! Upsets like this occurred; esp. if the player didn't want to be there! I've seen it happen dozens of times; right here in Chicago Lendl dropped his 1st round match! He allowed them to use his name and celebrity, flew in for a few pictures, hit a couple balls with some clown he didn't know and was on a plane back to Conn. the same day! It was the middle of winter here in Chgo! If he's going to be freezing, it might as well be back at home! I didn't blame him, but it happens! Nole probably couldn't GAF about the embarrassment of dropping this match to some nobody; he's spent emotionally for sure! It's worse when losses happen for real like Sampras going out in the 2nd round of Wimbledon back in '02 to Bastl! :astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nole accomplished what he wanted! Back in the day, by the time players got to Paris, they were on their last legs physically and emotionally! Upsets like this occurred; esp. if the player didn't want to be there! I've seen it happen dozens of times; right here in Chicago Lendl dropped his 1st round match! He allowed them to use his name and celebrity, flew in for a few pictures, hit a couple balls with some clown he didn't know and was on a plane back to Conn. the same day! It was the middle of winter here in Chgo! If he's going to be freezing, it might as well be back at home! I didn't blame him, but it happens! Nole probably couldn't GAF about the embarrassment of dropping this match to some nobody; he's spent emotionally for sure! It's worse when losses happen for real like Sampras going out in the 2nd round of Wimbledon back in '02 to Bastl! :astonished-face:

Even these days players limp into Paris,that is the schedule.Even with COVID-19 there has been a lot of withdrawals,also now there is a lock down in Paris due to a second wave of COVID-19,quite frankly players are lucky this Masters 1000 was not cancelled.No fans will be allowed due to the lock down.Novak accomplished what he wanted to achieve smart scheduling on his behalf and his team,he will be fresh for the ATP finals in London,not playing Paris this year.

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A 6-2, 6-1 loss for the "unbeatable" 2020 Djokovic. :lol6: Great win by the bunny Sonego. :finger:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy22

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak won Paris last year so he could not pick up any more points playing this year,he can pick up points at the ATP finals,he decided to take a WC in Vienna after the RG final where he could secure the No 1 ranking winning a q/final.
It kinda says it all about the rankings this year, really. Maybe if they took his Paris points off him, Roger would have overtaken him from his hospital bed.

I didn't see the match but heard the kid played lights-out - let's hope it doesn't go to his head, and that maybe it's the start of a useful career for him...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev v. Thiem is the popcorn match of the day. Dimitrov v Evans should be interesting. I hope that Medvedev is up for taking down Anderson. LL Sonego, though, is toast.
So much for my predictive capabilities. :lol6:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It kinda says it all about the rankings this year, really. Maybe if they took his Paris points off him, Roger would have overtaken him from his hospital bed.

I didn't see the match but heard the kid played lights-out - let's hope it doesn't go to his head, and that maybe it's the start of a useful career for him...
Sonego did play lights out quite frankly,lets see if he can back that up in his s/final against Evans?
I will be interested to see what the ATP do with ranking points next year? COVID-19 is not going away and some of the tournaments will not be able to comply with the protocals put in place of COVID-19, might have to cancel,some players might not want to travel,which is understandable.

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sonego did play lights out quite frankly,lets see if he can back that up in his s/final against Evans?
I will be interested to see what the ATP do with ranking points next year? COVID-19 is not going away and some of the tournaments will not be able to comply with the protocals put in place of COVID-19, might have to cancel,some players might not want to travel,which is understandable.

They're going to leave players with their best points from each tournament, even if the players don't enter. In fact, even if the players are dead. Pancho Gonzales will move up the rankings from 6-feet under, to 6th in the world. Pete Sampras will be number 1. So will Bjorn Borg and the Big 3.

It's the only sane way of doing it...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They're going to leave players with their best points from each tournament, even if the players don't enter. In fact, even if the players are dead. Pancho Gonzales will move up the rankings from 6-feet under, to 6th in the world. Pete Sampras will be number 1. So will Bjorn Borg and the Big 3.

It's the only sane way of doing it...
My husband will be over joyed knowing that Pete Sampras his idol again be No1 :)

Last edited: