Can Kozlov Overcome His Forehand To Be A Top Player?

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

The sport should be renamed Federer based on the display he put forth Sunday against the only player this year besides Fed and Rafa to capture a Masters crown. Meanwhile, Taylor Fritz got 20 valuable points as he got past Soeda and Bhambri before bowing out in Illkley to Donskoy - one of two men to beat Fed this year. Fritz gets Chuidinelli in SW19 qualies and is in the same bracket as Sandgren and Mmoh, who play each other. Another All-American matchup is Rajeev Ram v. Opelka.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Andrew - Talking about Petra 'making life terrible for her opponent' - and she seems such a sweet person too! - the thrashing she handed out ot Simona H in Wuhan last year was really something. Not on grass, but a totally overwhelming performance. Unreturnable angles. Let's hope she can perform at that level consistently as she heals and time goes by.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

As a Petra fan I know only too well that she will not perform consistently at this high level. Consistency just is not in Petra's vocabulary with her all-or-nothing type of game. When she is on she will cream just about any player but she can't always be on. But at her best she is such an exciting player to watch. I'm hoping to see "Good" Petra at Wimbledon, maybe even "Scary" Petra. :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

I liked Petra's comment that she came to Birmingham 'to have some coffee and play a few matches' - as far as I know Birmingham is not noted as a centre for gourmet coffee drinking but then maybe she's discovered a Czech-friendly cafe where she can relax and enjoy :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Speaking of Petra, she is one of the 3 women players on my treats list - the others are youngsters Bianca Andreescu and Daria Kasatkina. So today am going to buy some fresh flowers to celebrate Petra's win. Was not happy with the Lindt chocolates available on Saturday. I was so sure of a Fed win that I planned to get them ahead of time. So need to get the Fed treat today as well. It may be a good thing that only 1 player on my treats list is in action this week - Thiem. :)

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Hartt; Your health and fitness level can improve if you decide to support players like Kudla Youzhny and Giorgi :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

LOL. Must admit I have not paid a lot of attention to Kudla, outside of what is written here, poor Youzhny is well past his prime, even though I do have a soft spot for him. Giorgi is one of the few players I actually root against, she would be the anti-treat. So yes, going with these players would mean a lot fewer treats. Where is the fun in that? :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Bouchard bounced out and Cibulkova gone to Watson - Cibulkova sliding fast down the rankings. Kerber v Pliskova (Kr) tomorrow. Not even thinking about that. Take a relaxing walk along the beach Angie,breathe in that lovely sea air. There's more to life than tennis :)