Can Kozlov Overcome His Forehand To Be A Top Player?

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Catherine: WTA players do that? I have never heard of such a practice of waiting to see the draw and then pulling out if it's an inconvenient draw.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Scoop - It's been done. But how on earth could you prove that it was done purposefully ? Of course it's usually a tournament the player wasn't too bothered about anyway. There are lots of little pranks around in tennis. It's not a pearly white sport, no more than any other. As I'm sure you know.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

The other thing about Sascha beating Fed last year is that, between his knee and his back, Fed was not in great shape last spring, early summer. He seems completely healthy now. However, he has not been at his best so far in this tourney, so he needs to up his level against Sascha tomorrow. Sascha thinks he should win every point, never mind every match! Along with his talent and skill, he is a tough competitor, as he showed in today's match against Gasquet. I plan on buying some Lindt chocolate today, so you can see who I think will win tomorrow. But Sascha is also on my treats list, and I have my eye on some lovely apple strudel for a Sascha win. Am told that is Austrian, not German, but close enough. So from a treats standpoint tomorrow's final is a win/win. :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Hartt - I can predict that you are going to put on a lot of weight over the next few months if your faves Sascha and Felix perform as hoped :) Not to mention Fed.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Ben Becker saw off Agassi, didn't seem to mind. Khachanov hit so hard it didn't seem he's gonna mind beating Federer either. Yeah I'm not buying this argument.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Sevastova, Kvitova, Safarova and Barty all showed off volleys and more. Hurray for multi dimensional games!!! Coaches: Watch these players and don't turn your charges into robots. Audiences will thank you!

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Given that the wta has had four first time slam champs the last seven slams it wouldn't surprise me if there were another a few weeks from now. At least the grass forces wta players to show something more than a backcourt game. I'm overjoyed.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Andrew Miller writes: <-- don't like this feature :(

Last edited:

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Andrew Miller writes: I <--- don't like this new thing

Last edited:

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Catherine, may have to find some non-fattening treats. Fresh flowers? Because I fully expect Sascha and Fed to do well. Felix and Denis will be playing Challenger tourneys in Canada this summer. In fact, think Felix is due to start in British Columbia right away. Then there are young Bianca Andreescu, and even Andy, who has to come out of his slump at some point.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Catherine; I have heard of players seeing their death draw and booking flights after the sure loss - like Pavel before losing to Agassi one year at US Open - but I have not heard of your scenario.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Hartt: Book the gym appointment now :) I think Zverev is going to upset Federer. I think he's going to want it more and has more drive and hunger.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Andrew: Benjamin Becker was desperate for that win. If he loses that day to AGassi who knows what kind of career he would have had. Becker is still grinding in Challengers at 36 with a ranking around 200.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Andrew: I wouldn't be surprised if you know who subconsciously Fed his pal a bone. :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Federer, who likes playing with his prey? Nah. To me it's a guy who skipped the clay season losing because he hasn't had any matches against a German guy who knew how to play him.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Outstanding tennis from Cilic, Muller, Lopez, Dimitrov. Bravo. Hope these fellas do well at the W.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

I will take Fed to take down Sascha in his home country in an epic match much like Fed's showdown with Kyrgios at Miami earlier this year. Fed ain't ceding nothing to nobody now that he knows No. 1 can be had again with Djokovic in despair and Murray flailing. Make no mistake, Fed is the big favorite as he tries to get No. 19 at SW19.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Scoop- I think the way it works is that if a player has doubts (maybe real or imagined injury etc) and they look at the draw and say to themselves, that's tough, it's not worth it, then they pull out. Nothing actually wrong with that, just a nuisance for the organisers and disappointment for spectators perhaps. Andrew - with the women players showing all that (previously hidden) expertise on grass, can we expect Simona to show off some of her skills apart from running fast and retrieving ? Do hope so. No OCC either at Eastbourne please Mr Cahill. Rain forecast I'm sorry to say.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Of course there are men at Eastbourne as well, including Mr Djokovic. I only remember Eastbourne as a women's event so the ATP side escaped my notice I'm afraid. BTW - do we expect to see Agassi around again for Djokovic or was that a squib which failed to ignite ?