Can Kozlov Overcome His Forehand To Be A Top Player?

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Tough draw potentially for Kerber at E'bourne; easier one for Simona early on. So Angie out and nice rest before W'don.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Agassi has said he would be available for Wimbledon, but has also said that he has some commitments that cannot be changed. These "super coaches" tend to be part-time in any case.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Sounds a bit vague to me, as a coaching arrangement I mean. Be interesting to see how Djoko does in E'bourne.

Last edited:

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Federer zaps Zverev 6163. Fed Rafa getting better with age and the NEXTGEN guys are going backwards.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

We are wrong. Federer obliterated Zverev.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Let's credit Federer. He enjoys smashing the next generation as much as Zverev's brother Mischa, who specializes in this feat.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Not a surprise. Federer has all the advantages of age, experience, great fitness, perfect for grass.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Petra runs away with silverware in B'ham, 3 sets. Very good result - she must be feeling well pleased with her progress.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

What on earth is going on with this site ?

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Kvitova, if ever a player made for grass, Kvitova, Serena, Steffi, Venus.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

FLopez wins! Wow. Beats Cilic in final two set tiebreaks. I'd love to see FLopez win Wimbledon.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

The Cilic v Lopez final was so much fun, so close, so dramatic. A thoroughly enjoyable match and good for Feli to come through under all that pressure. Commie said it was his 12th appearance at the tourney.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Andrew - you've missed out Martina, probably the best grass court player ever.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Double news: Two players who were in singles finals today lost their doubles matches that followed. Sascha Zverev, along with brother Mischa, lost to a top doubles team - Kubot/Melo - in Halle. Marin Cilic, with partner Matkowski, lost the SF match against J. Murray/Soares that had to be completed today. Murray/Soares will face Benneteau/Roger-Vasselin in the Queen's final. But Ash Barty, after losing her final in Birmingham against Kvitova, did go on to win her doubles final, with partner Dellacqua, vs Chan/Zhang.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Federer gets revenge too. Last year he lost to Alex Zverev in the same tournament in a close three sets. One year later he smashes him. Who says Federer doesn't want to look back and say, yeah I handled the kid, really got him back? And Zverev better get himself together! If you're going to come at the king do what Nadal used to do, watch your previous matches against the guy and where you excelled and do that again. Nadal pumped himself up for his 2006 French open final against Federer by watching his 2005 French open final. Did same thing upped his focus and blew out Federer. Next year blew him out even worse. Next generation, a swell group of fellas!

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

How did I miss Navratilova? I didn't, she was amazing. I'm glad to see a few wta players can volley well, mostly for good reasons. Kvitova is a two time Wimbledon champ and a power lefty who doesn't mind making life terrible for her opponents. I enjoy watching Kvitova when she's playing on grass at her best, it's fantastic. I also appreciate Sevastova has a nifty volley. I like Lisicki on the grass. Sorry to say I'm not head over heels for Goerges. I appreciate her ground game but she seemed like a serve, a forehand, a backhand. Not my cup.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

"Newsflash: FEDERER LIKES WINNING AND ESPECIALLY LIKES AVENGING PAST LOSSES."

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andrew Miller writes:

Catherine hopefully Simona employs her skill. I'd guess she would because the surface forces players to do so. It's an expert's surface, where you can't play on it like the clay, or like a hard court. Del Potro, he of the huge hitting, had big problems with it. I have no idea how Muguruza made the Wimbledon final. But she does some good things out there like shortening up on her strokes, attacking the net when possible, advantageous. I guess it benefits players that appreciate the surface and have sufficient athleticism and reflexes to take advantage of it.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Well Simona has the athleticism and the shots but she needs the confidence and the aggression and more punch in her serve. I'd completely forgotten Muguruza made the final - I had to look it up :) You see some odd names in the runners-up list. And before Martina of course BJK was the consummate grass player - she loved it. Should have had a couple more W'dons but for various injuries.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

Fed did what Fed does. He really gets up for these #NextGen clowns. He is going to roll Wimbledon and "prove everybody wrong" again. There is nothing to analyze or discuss; if he is healthy, he is going to kick your ass on grass.