BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2023 - ATP Masters 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That's what I love about the masters series level the cream will usually ALWAYS rises to the top

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ye of little faith? lol! people say he hasnt got the fight in him sometimes, well in showed in the TB he has.
Miss Margaret, that's my statement. But Yes, Felix was off a bit but give Paul credit, he played aggressively but got push around by the better tennis player in the end. Felix's serve and FH plus BH movement was vital when it mattered the most.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Unbelievable win by Nadal's protégé Felix! Wow! :clap:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Margaret, that's my statement. But Yes, Felix was off a bit but give Paul credit, he played aggressively but got push around by the better tennis player in the end. Felix's serve and FH plus BH movement was vital when it mattered the most.
Agree FAA fhand was brutal in that match, Paul was aggressive,though made UFE at crucial times, which in the end was his downfall,
still a good match to watch, when FAA plays well he is 'electric to watch'.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
QFS,
(1) Alcaraz vs Auger-Aliassime (8)
(4) Fritz vs Sinner (11)
(5) Medvedev vs Davidovich-Fokina (23)
(14) Tiafoe vs Norrie (10)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rune plays great tennis,and I like how unapologetic he is,.He is very confident and is not scared of the old boys club.

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
F3BCDE18-B24F-47E4-9BDF-29132E032F98.jpeg

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s either redundant or a gay cigarette. Either way, I’m not amused.
Not excusing him but he’s apologized for that remark as he directed gay slurs to himself when he was 18 in 2021.

Holger quote: “I was taught a lesson, and I think it's fair that people criticise (me). I'm really sorry and hope people will accept my apology.”

If he repeats this ,it’s on him. If others are going to hold it against him for the rest of his career, that’s their prerogative. Holger said he learned from this and it will not be repeated so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course no one else needs to.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
QF final Norrie and Tiafoe started finally with spots of rain, had to be halted, play back on, hopefully the rain stays away

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not excusing him but he’s apologized for that remark as he directed gay slurs to himself when he was 18 in 2021.

Holger quote: “I was taught a lesson, and I think it's fair that people criticise (me). I'm really sorry and hope people will accept my apology.”

If he repeats this ,it’s on him. If others are going to hold it against him for the rest of his career, that’s their prerogative. Holger said he learned from this and it will not be repeated so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course no one else needs to.
That was a challenger tournament of course he should have apologized it was disgraceful., regardless of his age btw? that incident was investigated by the ATP, he was lucky he was not suspended, other sports he would have been suspended immediately,. He still needs to grow up, with other incidents last year at Paris Masters., he is not doing himself any justice with the way he carries on., as Wawrinka pointed out,the locker room is not impressed either.It is also your prerogative to make excuses for his conduct after that incident in the challenger tournament.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice set of tennis from Frances Tiafoe, break for 4-3 and he serves it out 64, Norrie over hitting in that 1st set,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tiafoe breaks the serve of Norrie, good returning from Tiafoe he leads 4-2 2nd set
Tiafoe breaks Norrie's 2nd serve, Norries serve has abandoned him in the 2nd set,
Tiafoe will serve for the match 5-2
Now it is Tiafoe's time to be shaky on his serve, Norrie breaks back and holds
Tiafoe will now serve out the match 5-4

Last edited:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I missed any talk about Zverev-Medvedev, but despite the loss, it seems like a good sign for Zverev: he's trending in the right direction, almost beating arguably the best non-Big Three player on tour.

Also, Tiafoe seems ripe for a Masters title this year. It will be interesting if he gets one before Rublev, who only seems able to "master" ATP 500s.