BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2023 - ATP Masters 1000

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don,
That was not only one incident that Rune carried on like a Brat in Paris last year, he has also made homophobic slurs against an opponent, calling him a 'gay faggot', which is disgraceful behavior, yes he is a talented player, but apart from that, to me, there is not a lot to like or admire about him.
I agree, that kind of cursing is not acceptable. As @tented pointed out, what kind of swearing is that anyway. I hope Rune will concentrate more on his tennis and his poor fitness and live up to the potential he has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev d Zverev 67(6) 76(5) 75, in 3hr 17 to reach the QFs, dosent like the conditions, he complained, but he forgets how to lose.
Medvedev plays Davidovich tomorrow, Meddy did have a ankle roll, ankle taped, lets see if that affects his game tomorrow
Just read Meddy will get a MRI on his ankle today.
Meddy seems to be back to his grumpy persona, but as you say still keeps winning.
Zverev looks ready to go deeper in tournaments, just bad luck to meet Meddy before QF. He is making a decent progress.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree, that kind of cursing is not acceptable. As @tended pointed out, what kind of swearing is that anyway. I hope Rune will concentrate more on his tennis and his poor fitness and live up to the potential he has.
At present he is not gaining fans, with his childish behavior, maybe he needs to take a look at another 19 year old, namely Carlos Alcaraz,who is mature far beyond his age,and is professional.

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Very disappointing from Rublev. Tought this match could be much closer and even Rublev to win.
I agree, a bit shocked with the result, forgot, Norrie has won a Masters 1000 title,

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s it. I think it’s a more practical aspiration, not because players should accept that they won’t be as great as the Big 3, but because Stan and Andy are examples of players who are maxing out in a match, regardless of whether they’re barely inside the top 100. They know not everyone gets to the top without having to scrape yourself off the bottom…
I think it's also worth making them a goal as 3x Majors winners. Don't look at 20 or 22. Look at 3, which is a big number. (Since Roger won his 1st in 2003, there are only 2 men, besides the Big 3, to win more than one...Andy and Stan. And not that many others have won even one.) Look at what it takes to even get there. The work, the belief and the effort. And they are still willing to battle out there. Is it for the love of the game? It can't be for the money. Whether or not we think they have any big titles left in them, I suspect they do. They fight like they do. If the youngsters are going to take anything away from their immediate elders, I suggest they look to Murray and Wawrinka. Please don't just wait for Rafa and Novak to be gone, and think it will get easier.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz in PlayStation mode, 5-1 on Draper 1st set
Alcaraz wins 62 1st set, though Jack has asked for the trainer, he has some trapping on his abdominal area,shame Jack seems to pick up injuries at the worst possible times.
This is sad to watch Jack cant push off on his serve and gets broken in his first game of the 2nd set, I wonder how long he will keep playing?
Good decision from Draper who has retired, only the 2nd time in his career, he tried, though he has to think of up coming tournaments
Alcaraz wins by retirement 62 1-0....get better Jack!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Alcaraz in PlayStation mode, 5-1 on Draper 1st set
Alcaraz wins 62 1st set, though Jack has asked for the trainer, he has some trapping on his abdominal area,shame Jack seems to pick up injuries at the worst possible times.
This is sad to watch Jack cant push off on his serve and gets broken in his first game of the 2nd set, I wonder how long he will keep playing?
Good decision from Draper who has retired, only the 2nd time in his career, he tried, though he has to think of up coming tournaments
Alcaraz wins by retirement 62 1-0....get better Jack!

Not long. He just retired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not long. He just retired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know just posted , sad, though I think he made the right decision, he could hardly serve, only 2nd time in his career he had to retire.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik you keep that cap on till your hair grows back, you must have had a 'junior moment' having your curly hair shaved.
Good 1st set from Jannik winning 61 over Wawrinka, one good thing I have noticed this year, he is more willing to move forward and get to the net, where possible, shortening the point, last year he was content to stand on that baseline.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz on Jack Draper,
"Nobody wants to win a match like this. Nobody wants to get through to the next round like this. Sometimes tennis is hard. As I said before, health is more important than a show, a tournament, all I can say is to wish him a speedy recovery"

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A sloppy service game from Tommy Paul and FAA breaks and serves out a love service game to win the 2nd set 63, going 3
Paul won the 1st set 63
FAA saved 3 MP and it is 6 games all. TB for the 3rd set

Last edited: