ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tense match between Medvedev and Herbert. French missed a smash at 4:4 in 5th and BP. Now serving to stay in the match.

If there is a dangerous floater that is Herbert. I have seen him pulling lots of upsets before, he has a lot of variety to his game, outstanding doubles player.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Is it just me or the audio capture of this tournament is particularly good? It seems more like a hammer on a nail than a racquet on a ball sometimes... and specially you can almost hear the players breathing, let alone the grunts. I watched much less than I would like, but I got some occasional streams, a TV feed and youtube highlights: same loudness on all of them. It is fun for sure, but almost too much...

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If there is a dangerous floater that is Herbert. I have seen him pulling lots of upsets before, he has a lot of variety to his game, outstanding doubles player.
I like watching Herbert. When he is playing well he brings, as you said, that knowledge and variety from doubles. Guys like Loddra and Herbert's coach Santoro come to my mind and were somewhat similar. Could make a surprise on slams and were also fun to watch.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is it just me or the audio capture of this tournament is particularly good? It seems more like a hammer on a nail than a racquet on a ball sometimes... and specially you can almost hear the players breathing, let alone the grunts. I watched much less than I would like, but I got some occasional streams, a TV feed and youtube highlights: same loudness on all of them. It is fun for sure, but almost too much...
I noticed it too. The quality of the sound is very high. It feels like being in the stadium.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Thiem is one set all against a qualifier.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Only able to follow the scores but Suzanne-Lenglen is the fastest court I believe at RG so it's more prone to upsets.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The crowd is doing everything to get Paul through this. They want more tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.