ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Expect the officials to stop this match immediately after second set, if it is 1-1.

They allowed a match to go to 9:45 local time the other day. They may let this continue, so that they don’t have to play as much tomorrow.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
They are not stopping the match. They will probably have light for another half an hour.

Reactions: Fiero425

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Poor nishikori. So weak mentally. That’s it. I’m out for today.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It is terrible scheduling by the officials today. They knew that Fedal were playing unseeded players and thus will get the job done quickly. On the other hand, they also have reasonable expectation that Man/Perseus and Paire/Samurai will go to distance.

So, they should split the Fedal matches in two different courts (and similarly for the other two matches). Then, everything would have concluded today itself.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Results for Round 4 Day 8 - Sunday, June 2, 2019
upload_2019-6-2_14-21-29.png

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
When there is play on two different courts, normally the TC continues with the second court while NBC shows the primary court.
Sometimes they do. It depends on what they're contractually obligated to. NBC has rights to certain matches and that means TC cannot show that contracted match during their air window

tented

Administrator
Reactions
NBC in Chgo. went to Indy racing and TCC is wrapping up Madrid final with Nole & Perseus! :whistle: :yesyes: :p :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Same here. When NBC switched, I thought for sure TC would be ready and waiting to pick it up, but no ... a repeat is more important, I guess.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is terrible scheduling by the officials today. They knew that Fedal were playing unseeded players and thus will get the job done quickly. On the other hand, they also have reasonable expectation that Man/Perseus and Paire/Samurai will go to distance.

So, they should split the Fedal matches in two different courts (and similarly for the other two matches). Then, everything would have concluded today itself.
Agree. There was still light left, but of course the officials didn't want it to continue. Paire played badly in last 20 minutes of the 3rd set and looked flat. He is definetely benefiting with this break as I felt he was loosing it and Nishikori was not missing much.

Paire had a lot of tennis recently, can he recover and win 2 sets in a row tomorrow against the expert in 5 sets? It doesn't look likely to happen.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone think KK can beat Delpo tomorrow?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Does anyone think KK can beat Delpo tomorrow?

There is some doubt over how JMDP's knees are holding up. If knees are indeed an issue, then KK can surely beat JMDP. On the other hand, if knees are not an issue, I would say JMDP is favorite in this match considering that KK makes lot of UFE and generally has a tendency to go for broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.