ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic has it real tough up top of his draw! Nadal has patsies down there in his half & has no excuses not making the SF's at least! :whistle:
I think it works even better for Novak to be pushed, to have high quality opponents on the way to calibrate his game to the fullest. From what I've seen so far of all favourites he looks to me like playing the highest qulity tennis here and is full of confidence, but again I prefer him to win RG so maybe I'm not so objective.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Order of Play for Round 4 Sunday, June 2, 2019
upload_2019-6-1_15-9-18-png.2233

upload_2019-6-1_15-15-2-png.2235

upload_2019-6-1_15-12-32-png.2234

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
There's lots of interesting matches. I'd add:
Fognini-Zverev
Thiem-Monfils
Khachanov-del Potro

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Heard a press conference from Zverev. He looks to be very happy that he is currently away from the spotlight. There is obviously less pressure on him due to poor clay season and he admitted that it is a good feeling. He also kind of praised Tsitsipas for very good results on clay, so I was surprised to hear that. He seemed very down to earth at the moment.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Heard a press conference from Zverev. He looks to be very happy that he is currently away from the spotlight. There is obviously less pressure on him due to poor clay season and he admitted that it is a good feeling. He also kind of praised Tsitsipas for very good results on clay, so I was surprised to hear that. He seemed very down to earth at the moment.
A big part of his failures to date in slams surely was played by not being able to handle the pressure of expectations.
Perhaps going forward his results will improve.
However, he still has technically issues to address.

Reactions: don_fabio

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You clearly love Coric, but I just don't think he's as talented as the two you mentioned. He's improved a lot over the last couple years yet still seems to have limited offense and a cap on his upside, which is somewhere below the Zverev/Tsitsipas/FAA level.
The guy who I am watching closely and is on the verge to break into the top 10 is KK. Karen could clinch a top 10 ranking if he defeats Delpo. That would also be his first quarter in a slam.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I checked the odds. There is one change, Sasha dropped behind Stan.
This makes sense for me.
I would have had Sasha lower to begin with.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
They put both Fedal on PC for tomorrow.

But, only one QF will be on PC as per the tournament schedule.

If Paire wins his match, Nadal will be put on PC for QF. Paire being a Frenchie settles the issue without an iota of thinking.

Otherwise, I expect Roger to be placed on PC for QF (independent of whether he plays Perseus or Man).

I don't think Ralph beating up on debilitated Kei is worthy enough to be placed on PC.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
They put both Fedal on PC for tomorrow.

But, only one QF will be on PC as per the tournament schedule.

If Paire wins his match, Nadal will be put on PC for QF. Paire being a Frenchie settles the issue without an iota of thinking.

Otherwise, I expect Roger to be placed on PC for QF (independent of whether he plays Perseus or Man).

I don't think Ralph beating up on debilitated Kei is worthy enough to be placed on PC.

At that point, wouldn’t everybody be able to play on PC, since the four matches would be played over two days?

Status
Not open for further replies.