ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Coric definitely shouldn't let this one slip away.
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but your guy needs a lot of improvement mentally, to become a solid top 10 player in the future.
He does not have the big shots, therefore will need to focus and think clearly to compensate.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thiem drops a set today as well.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Struff will get into the top 40 and play in R4 in a slam for the first time.

Reactions: Fiero425

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Cuevas snatches the second set against Thiem. Thiem's draw here this year is tough. Tommy Paul got the wildcard because he played well on clay and won a challenger or something. The USTA always has some sort of qualifying criteria for who gets the wildcards and he came out on top this year. Bublik is always unpredictable and has his size and serve. So dropping a set to both of them not the worst thing. Cuevas of course one of the best clay grinders of the last decade. Older now. But clearly not dead. Then likely La Monf in the next round and then DelPo or Khachanov in the quarters. DelPo was ailing in his match the other day. But seems to be coming through fine today against Thompson. Though of course Thompson is not much of a threat on clay, or anywhere really. Khachanov could definitely take DelPo out if DelPo ain't 100%. But another slam match up with DelPo would be great to see. Those two just battle. It's fantastic. I guess Klizan could find a way back into the match with Khachanov. But I imagine he's exhausted from his two day 5 setter.

Thiem up a double break now in the third. Serving for 5-1.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but your guy needs a lot of improvement mentally, to become a solid top 10 player in the future.
He does not have the big shots, therefore will need to focus and think clearly to compensate.
I agree with you. The absence of his weapons is making me constantly wonder how well will he do in his career. I hope he learns something from this painfull loss and gains his confidence during the upcoming grass swing.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I want to sue NBCSports. Once again, they said this weekend they will show RG from 12 to 3. I was all pumped up to finally see on TV. But, they are actually showing INDY Car Racing. :nono: o_O Can I appoint a special counsel to investigate this? :cry:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I want to sue NBCSports. Once again, they said this weekend they will show RG from 12 to 3. I was all pumped up to finally see on TV. But, they are actually showing INDY Car Racing. :nono: o_O Can I appoint a special counsel to investigate this? :cry:

Try NBC (not NBCSports). I’m watching the JMDP match right now.

Reactions: herios

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You should sue your cable not NBC. My Cable in Canada shows tennis transmitted by NBC.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It gets really complicated with those TV rights in US when it comes to sports. I remember 2015 one year while in US I watched men's and women's RG final on NBC and then next year or so I was again in the same area while RG was going and there was nothing.

Saturday and Sunday are good days to watch sports in US if you don't have cable tv. It's just too much golf sometimes or Nascar racing.

I must say that british channels do an exellent coverage of the slams. You can barely miss a match.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thiem through and Delpo needs one more game to close it out.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem through and Delpo needs one more game to close it out.
Khachanov too, one game away from an easy win. He is finally picking up where he stopped end of last year.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Khachanov too, one game away from an easy win. He is finally picking up where he stopped end of last year.
Yes, he does. Good to see.
The round of sixteen will be very exciting, 3 outstanding matches will be featured on this side of the draw.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
We are all set for R4. How come the two lowest ranked players left in the draw will play Rafa and Roger?
Londero is ranked 78 coming in, Mayer 68.
Must be a conspiracy :)

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The Top 10 seeds all made it to the R16. That doesn’t happen too often at a major. Should be some competitive matches coming up.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The Top 10 seeds all made it to the R16. That doesn’t happen too often at a major. Should be some competitive matches coming up.

Djokovic has it real tough up top of his draw! Nadal has patsies down there in his half & has no excuses not making the SF's at least! :whistle:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Results for Round 3 Day 7 - Saturday, June 1, 2019
upload_2019-6-1_15-22-50.png

upload_2019-6-1_15-23-35.png

Reactions: tented

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
So annoying. Ridiculous. I need Coric to get his s*&# together and pass guys like Zverev and Tsitsipas and he just keeps letting it slip away. I'll give him a slight pass because clay is not his forte.

You clearly love Coric, but I just don't think he's as talented as the two you mentioned. He's improved a lot over the last couple years yet still seems to have limited offense and a cap on his upside, which is somewhere below the Zverev/Tsitsipas/FAA level.

Status
Not open for further replies.