2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Pegula defeats Fernandez in 3 tight sets 75 67(1) 76(3)
Pegula making her 1st SF at Cinncy
Pegula will play the winner of Badosa v Pavs in the SF

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay after my shower and breakfast I am not watching the last QF match between Badosa and Pavs!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gee this is the best I have seen Badosa play in sometime, with her back problems, at one time she thought she may have to retire from the game
Paula won the 1st set against Pavs 6-3, Pavs has always been a fav player of mine, such a clean striker of the ball, she has also had her share of injuries of late with her knee, good to see her back in a QF match of a WTA1000 tournament

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great defense to offense from Badosa and she breaks Pavs and leads 4-1 in the 2nd set

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Pavs is really stinkin up the joint. These poor people didn't pay to see this errorfest. :thumbs-down:

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Pavs is really stinkin up the joint. These poor people didn't pay to see this errorfest. :thumbs-down:
Yep, Pavs is usally good on a HC as well, Badosa has played well at tournament and will deserve to be in the SF where she will play Jess, surprise Keli, her first SF at Cinncy

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yep, Pavs is usally good on a HC as well, Badosa has played well at tournament and will deserve to be in the SF where she will play Jess, surprise Keli, her first SF at Cinncy
Well I'm happy she showed up for more than just one tourney. Now if she can breakout of this QF rut at the USO (not that it matters to her), I will stand up and take serious notice.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I still feel the Cincy title is Sabalenka's not to lose, I probably just jinxed her in saying that, this fast court suits her game, if she wins she will be my fav to win the USO, even making the SFs at Cinncy she has to be one of the favs for the USO
I usually would also say Rybakina though I dont think her fragility in hot and humid weather suits her, actually she reminds me of Petra Kvitova in that regards Petra could never handle the hot conditions, her asthma was a problem. It is a shame for Rybakina as she has the game to win the USO

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I still feel the Cincy title is Sabalenka's not to lose, I probably just jinxed her in saying that, this fast court suits her game, if she wins she will be my fav to win the USO, even making the SFs at Cinncy she has to be one of the favs for the USO
She's a fave even if she doesn't get this title. The girl made it to the final last year and was a few games away from the title. I would even rank her above Iga on this fast HC. I know they played there before and Iga won a tight 3 setter, but that was before Saba fixed her serve and won Oz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She's a fave even if she doesn't get this title. The girl made it to the final last year and was a few games away from the title. I would even rank her above Iga on this fast HC. I know they played there before and Iga won a tight 3 setter, but that was before Saba fixed her serve and won Oz
Agree she dosent have to win Cinncy to be a fav I usually would say Rybakina I dont think she can handle the conditions at the USO, Hot and Humid, shame as she has the game

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Agree she dosent have to win Cinncy to be a fav I usually would say Rybakina I dont think she can handle the conditions at the USO, Hot and Humid, shame as she has the game
I'm not entirely convinced her problems are purely physical. You know what I call her. There's more going on than meets the eye. We may never know all the details, but you can't put $ on her. That Wimby run may never be duplicated. She caught lightening in 22 and now there are greater expectations and pressure.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not entirely convinced her problems are purely physical. You know what I call her. There's more going on than meets the eye. We may never know all the details, but you can't put $ on her. That Wimby run may never be duplicated. She caught lightening in 22 and now there are greater expectations and pressure.
It is a shame she has a great game, and I hope she dosent become a one grand slam wonder she is too good for that to happen

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA1000 Cincinnati
Womens singles SFs
Sunday August 18th,
Center Court
Matches starting at 11.00am,

I.Swiatek (1) vs A.Sabalenka (3) H2H Swiatek 8-3

J.Pegula (6) vs P.Badosa H2H Pegula 2-0

Ladies Doubles Final,

L.Fernandez/Y.Putintseva vs E.Routliffe/A.Muhammad (3)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Aryna won the toss and elected to serve, I think she will win this match, fast courts suit her game, as long as she can watch her margins lol!